wondering ?

Hawkeye Downs in Iowa is hosting the IMCA I-Stock and Hobby Stock cars for a special pavement event this summer. I think that an IMCA pavement track would be a great idea. The IMCA I-Stock and Hobby Stock cars are pretty affordable.Then just add the Modifieds and you have a good program with readily available cars.

IMCA has sanctioned pavement races before. When Longhorn used to run on Sundays (once a month) they would bring in the mods and a LHS support class. I think that rujnning IMCA on Friday nights would be a good thing. The only way to do it would be to run for points or run for a lot of money. I think that Brian at THR had a chance to run Mods as a full time class before the start of TAMS, but didn't want to. Now look at his sitiation with no LLM. Think about how many mods are in Austin, and even a few from San Antonio would come up too. Even some TAMS guys might come up if the money or points were good.

I understand the new owner's name is Paul Miller, not Todd Miller. Could be wrong since I'm getting this from someone I don't know too well. I also understand that Mr. Miller doesn't have a racing background.

Am hearing rumors about the purchase price for the Austin track.. $900,000, or so.

Also hearing that they will race on Friday nights, at least through the end of this season.

From another source, I heard that the new owner hasn't decided on a name for the place yet.

Heard too that Mr. Miller plans on talking to Sam Hill about running the concessions. Didn't Sam run the concessions there before and at Thunder Hill Raceway for a while?

No rumors yet on who might become race director or track manager.

Please bear in mind that all this is unverified information that I have heard from others.

Nick Holt

okay, talked to a very relieable source.

It was Miller that bought the track. Nick was right on the price. They are still hoping to open on Friday night July 4th. Sam was asked to do everything but declined and will only do the concessions. Yes Nick Sam has done the concession at Longhorn and THR for many years. As far as the name I heard that it will be called Bad Boys Speedway. Sorry Chuck if I just broke the story before you did on your radio show. Besides the show is on Saturday morning and today is Tuesday. Home Depot is working on a deal to supply the lumber and might be called the Home Depot Grandstands. I'm going to try to get more information about the track. Let ya'll know if i hear anything new.

I too, have heard all the rumors flying, so I talked to Chuck about it. But I have been sworn to secrecy until the public announcement is made.

I'm always leery about FRi. night tracks making it. You just can't get butts in seats, especially when high school football starts. JMHO There have been more try and fail, than there are ones still running on Fridays. Sat. against THR would be a lose-lose situation for both, in car count and for the fans. I'm not against Longhorn reopening, just looking at it with guarded optimism.

I agree Randy,They need to look at IMCA or have the TAMS sanction run there when not running other tracks.

Chuck...your reliable sourse isnt ol Reb is it??????lmao j/k Reb.

As far as the demo derby commercial.I was e-mailed by lo-bo productions about this,yes they are making a battery commercial,but its at Kyle according to Lauri.

Well SS99 I don't know what to tell 'ya.

If we can ever get over the gremlins with our current

car I'd like to get down there and give it a run.

Our other car is about 1/2 way re-done but once we

decide to get it finished it won't take any time to finish

her up.

I hear you on those Miller Lites my man, we sure did

throw those back after the races didn't we !!??

Talk to you soon Chase......

Rodney 22

Archived