pure stock rules

sounds like this class needs to be changed to hobby stock just my 2 cents been following this but like the guy above said theres a claim rule start buying the shocks off his car and whatever else if they got a motor claim rule do that to but I think somebody needs to call the promoter and call a meeting seems to me this is stirred up a lot of frustration but I don't have a dog in this one was planning on coming and running up there sometime but well see what happens with the rules :unsure:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sounds like this class needs to be changed to hobby stock just my 2 cents been following this but like the guy above said theres a claim rule start buying the shocks off his car and whatever else if they got a motor claim rule do that to but I think somebody needs to call the promoter and call a meeting seems to me this is stirred up a lot of frustration but I don't have a dog in this one was planning on coming and running up there sometime but well see what happens with the rules :unsure:

The promoter is the one everyone is talking about racing in the class and changing the rules....

There will be 4 pure stocks there that I can think of who dont care what the rules are

What 4 pure stocks do you think will still run

Danny Bennet r4j

Cassidy brune 13

Harley brune 175

Bianca weaver 8

I think it's time for someone to step up! We all have to to realize that we're racing to have fun not to make money. Yes it's nice to be the points leader or the track champion but is that what it's all about? NO IT'S NOT!

I raced 4 times last season so this is my first full year to race I'm a true Rookie, I have meet a lot of good people across the state some in person, some on the net, and even some at work. I realize everyone wants to be the winner but trying to manipulate or change rules for a car or a driver to not get DQ in the middle of the season is ridiculous.

I could understand someone not knowing there car was illegal because they are a novice or just bought a car and was told it was legal for the track they were going to run but turns out its not, but how does someone with 20 years experience put there car in Pure Stock Class which they raced to a Street Stock Championship years ago. The class is designed to attract rookie drivers young and old "like myself" to get them involved in racing. The worse thing to happen to a rookie driver is to lose a position to someone who is pencil whipping the rules.

You know what to do, now it's up to you to do it.

CBS has added to the new rule making the older cars with the #1 spark plug even with the ball joint legal to run .

new rule states

metric gm cars #1 spark plug min. 1 inch forward of ball joint

bigger gm cars #1 spark plug + or - 1 inch of ball joint.

Been following the south Texas tracks since I moved here this is an interesting class to be in it seems like and a lot of arguing at all tracks. Is this because there is no longer a bomber class in this area? Just wondering. Maybe having a bomber and super stock class would be a solution? I Mean some guys have nicer fast cars and some look like my fat wife's butt when she wears spandex. But maybe combining them keeps the car count up in the class?

I agree with Nick. First year for the track. Lots of bugs to be worked out. Never raced there myself but it looks like a fun fast track. Every track has one or a few people that complain about the fast cars. This is nothing new. The fast ones are always cheating. So they say. As far as I know, I could be totally wrong, but Mr. Bennett starting racing in 2007, that's far from 20 years experience, and he won the championship in 2008, with the car he currently drives, in the bomber class at Texana Raceway Park, just to clarify that mix up.

I agree with Nick. First year for the track. Lots of bugs to be worked out. Never raced there myself but it looks like a fun fast track. Every track has one or a few people that complain about the fast cars. This is nothing new. The fast ones are always cheating. So they say. As far as I know, I could be totally wrong, but Mr. Bennett starting racing in 2007, that's far from 20 years experience, and he won the championship in 2008, with the car he currently drives, in the bomber class at Texana Raceway Park, just to clarify that mix up.

I was told by Danny he had over 20 years of experience in racing , soory for the miss information.

The Bomber class is called Street Stock now

So not knowing the motor is set back one 1" is a mix up?

This is an Easy fix JUST DO THE RIGHT THING

Just my opinion.......the motor being set back is not gonna make a car untouchable. A person could race a street stock in the pures and if they don't know how to drive they will not win. It takes total package. Like I said just my opinion. And I was clarifying that he did not have 20 years experience to my knowledge.

You are right. The previous bomber class at Texana is now street stocks.......with a ton of rule changes from 2008 when he won the championship.

So what are your saying is he was a bomber champ, now he is manipulating the rules to make his car legal instead of just doing the hard work it would take to make his car legal.

The promotor of any track anywhere should never knowingly change rules to benefit them in anyway.

I have asked many racers and all agree its not smart to race at the same track that you promote.

That is not just a cotton bowl problem

The one that can fix his can do it very easily YOU CAN DO IT!

Guys race at their own tracks all the time, owner of Edna does it in a dwarf car.

Tony Stewart races the Prelude at Eldora and has won. I agree with a rule change in the middle of the season it's tough, but now you can move your motor back 3 inches and you should be able to win......right? Oh and that fire wall, gotta cut that out cause it not being stock really makes it fast......

Like everybody says fix it do whats right the rules are their for reason. At sos three people had been caught for rule violation and they admitted it went home and changed it came back and raced again. Not one time did they try to lie about it and complain and no, they didnt run to a different track either. they maned up and did what was right and at no time did anybody side with them saying it was a loop hole, grey area or the tracks first year or third they have bugs to work out, if so lots of cars would of found another place to race at.

I really applaud A.J whoever brought this up but only thing i dont see a.j being called cry baby, that they are crying and need to learn to drive car. oh im sorry they cant cause a.j has already put too many spankings on too people in too many different cars over the years he has shown he is a champ.

I came out of motorcross in younger days and when someone got caught cheating it was never this everyone always nicknamed that person cheater of the week or looser he really was downed by many and boy did he feel silly he would think again before he bent rules 90% would leave sport could not face the other racers so much difference in dirt track. AND YES I KNOW MOST BEND RULES, but if caught they will not be in denial.

I'm just rehashing what an old man once said..and giving a view point of some honest racers who showed they are some out there. i think people who get caught should just say man you caught me and go home fix problem and come back and race hard again. i think it would be funner to beat someone being legal rather than cheating. if you out run a cheater and your legal then you have something to brag about.

OK folks, I think everyone has had their say. More than enough has been said already.

I've done my best to keep this negative topic as positive as possible and in the process I have pissed off some folks who wanted to rant and fuss more than just a little bit. Oh well, that's just how it is here on Lone Star Speedzone. If one wants to cuss, name-call, bash and trash, there are sites out there that permit that sort of thing - have at it.

That being said, I do appreciate the fact that several of you have made the effort to keep things civil. You know who you are and I thank you.

Nick

hey little buddy does that mean the civil ones are playing in the grey area? Just Kidding!!

well lol civil really has no place in dirt track

civil=relating to ordinary citizens dont think so we spend lots of money we cant make back ////

synonyms =courteous no we poke fun at c-ea----

polite - maybe we tell them sorry they got caught

well mannered - to a certain extent ??/check at all post u determine

civil law - i think that pertains to court system

civil war - hell yea we are at war with people all the time on track

so no i think civil ones not same as grey area but we may see how many civil ones out their after we all get teched some day...

hopefull to see u saturday...andy...good luck..

Guys race at their own tracks all the time, owner of Edna does it in a dwarf car.

Tony Stewart races the Prelude at Eldora and has won.

I don't think the Tony Stewart reference is a good example here. The Prelude for the Dream race is a charity race! no points, no money - all goes to charity. And he doesn't win it every year. If i remember right Kyle Busch won the last one.

The Prelude to the Dream is all about them having fun and raising money for charity.

I don't think the Tony Stewart reference is a good example here. The Prelude for the Dream race is a charity race! no points, no money - all goes to charity. And he doesn't win it every year. If i remember right Kyle Busch won the last one.

The Prelude to the Dream is all about them having fun and raising money for charity.

Well said

I have no problem racing against Danny. he is a racer let him race... just run the car in the class it belongs in according to the track rules and tech his car the same as any other car.

Why is the Prelude not a good example?? So y'all race for money? I know I do it just for fun and the chance to win gives you bragging rights. No different than the Prelude to me, cause we for dang sure don't make our pockets fat........JMO if your in dirt track racing for the money, find another hobby!!!

Now that the track has set a meeting i hope all you guys can get it worked out, from what i have seen the few times i have been there the tracks seems to be trying very hard to get everything right they have sunk a lot of cash into the place,they have a few issues but it seem to me they are trying very hard to give all a nice place to play. I can not wait for the doctors to let me get back to mymlife so we can start getting back down there. for us down sa way if we dont have cbs next year we will have to go 180 miles to waco are more to houston so we want to support these guys . we had questons on some of there stuff but when we talked to them it was easly solved, hope to be back with one of the mods in 2-3 week

buck borlace mods125 and 21b

Archived