pure stock rules

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you were to ask the CBS track management these questions, you would stand a better chance of getting your answers from them than asking in a public forum. Especially since I suspect this post was designed to stir the pot a bit.

I feel pretty certain that the reason rules changes are being made is because this is the first full year this track has been in operation and there is always a learning curve involved in starting and managing a track from the ground up. Mistakes will be made and I am sure that they are human, just like you and I are human, and tend to make mistakes that they are trying to correct.

That being said, I sincerely hope this thread does not degenerate into a bash session and I will delete/edit those posts that I feel are not appropriate.

Thanks.

Nick

maybe since this is cottonbowls link they will reply to the question...[edited out by Nick Holt, 7/23/2013]...the rule change was not a minor adjustment but a signifigant change

This is not an opinion poll to see who thinks CBS management is doing something "right" or "wrong." Rather, someone asked a couple of questions of the track hoping to get some answers from the track.

As promised, edits will be made if deemed to be stirring the pot.

Nick

i wasn't trying to start a bad feed - just a question.

I was hoping one the tech guys on here could give some kind of explaination.

The main thing is why isn't there like a general set of rules that all tracks kinda follow. That way is kinda straight across the board no matter where you go. Because i know some tracks run every week, and some tracks only run every other week, but they keep saying they are not legal to run on the other tracks. Seems if it was kinda standardized rules then they could and tracks may get better turn outs.

just a thought.

There is a standard set of rules. Its called imca. Standard from east coast to west. Canada to Texas.but because they make money off of stamping parts most south Texas tracks have shunned them. Sure is nice wherever I run I know I'm legal though.

As far as the rule change? Call Danny bennit direct would be my suggestion.

Joe

just wondering what are the rule changes cotton bowl speedway made to the pure stock class?

and why this far into the season would you make rule changes?

isn't there like a standard set of rules that all the tracks in the area or state should be using so cars can run everywhere?

1. NERF BARS: A single rub bar is allowed on each side. Maximum size 1.5” x .095”. May be attached to

main cage only at the front and rear section of the nerf bar. This means only two (2) attachment points

are allowed. No open tubing allowed. Tubing must be capped or rounded with no sharp edges. Rub

bars may not extend past outside of tires.

It used to say no nerf bar will extend outside rear quarter panels

2. FIREWALL: Front Metal Firewall must Close openings between engine and driver compartments, with

all holes into driver compartment covered with 20 ga steel minimum subject to track approval Rear

Firewalls may be stock or made of 20 gauge steel. Rear firewall must be complete, from fender to

fender, top to bottom, deck to floor pan,and all holes closed with 20 ga. steel. The front firewall may be

moved back, not more than 6 inches from stock location. Note: If driver's compartment is enclosed, and

decking is in place, the rear firewall may be removed and replaced no more than 25" inches forward of

rear axle centerline on all makes and models, with a minimum 20 gauge steel behind the driver

/passenger area to ensure the safety of driver.

Originally said stock front firewall in stock location

3. GM Engine Location: #1 spark plug must be forward of ball joint Min. of 1”

Originally said engine must be mounted in stock location

These are the changes in rules in the last week. This topic definitely has a lot of interest.

also made changes to the race fuel the disc brakes the headers although that one was made before the season started with ample time to get your headers on and set up i think the week of opening night. i have access to 3 sets of rules from this season and all 3 are different: The management of the Cotton Bowl Speedway reserves the right to alter the race Rules at any time for the improvement of the quality and/or cost of the Racing.

Was wondering if we could change some rules in the limited mod class so I can run my mod with the limiteds . Sounds like pures and street stocks are exactly the same just a little different with the new rule change. Combine them call them STREET PURE STOCKS.

I think we all get the idea. Some folks are upset with some rules changes.

I can understand that, but why use the forums to bitch about it? All it does is create negativity for both the track and for those who will soon become known to the rest of us as chronic complainers.

I have said it many, many times. If you have a problem with a track or sanctioning body, take it up with them in person rather than using Lone Star Speedzone as your personal complaint department.

Enough said.

Nick

There will be 4 pure stocks there that I can think of who dont care what the rules are

What 4 pure stocks do you think will still run

3. GM Engine Location: #1 spark plug must be forward of ball joint Min. of 1”

Originally said engine must be mounted in stock location

These are the changes in rules in the last week. This topic definitely has a lot of interest.

ok - i DO NOT understand that rule - so now no engines are allowed in the stock location because the rule says "Must Be Forward"

Archived