Rules Clarification

We have an open invitation to drivers who race a home track and follow their home tracks rules, to come race @ Shady Oaks Speedway. The intent of this open invitation is to allow teams to come race when their home track is rained out or off on a weekend that SOS is racing (a one off race). The intent was in no way to allow a team to choose a set of rules that they like and then race the track of their choice.

Going forward, SOS will reinstate the 1 race rule. If you are new to a class; SOS will allow you to run 1 race with the class your car most closely fits the rules of. Upon returning to SOS the car must be within the rules for the class in which you registered it to race in. Racers from another track will still be allowed to race at SOS on a “one off weekend” as per statement in paragraph 1. We ask that you let us know when you register, what track is your home track so we can get the rules or you can bring a set rules with you.

Questions have been directed to me about Halloween Havoc. Best answer I can give is, if you built a car per your “HOME” track rules and raced your “HOME” track to the best of your ability for the season, then the invitation is open to your team to race the Havoc and have tech done per your “HOME” track rules. If a car was built using a track’s rules and did not race that track on a regular basis but raced at other tracks by choice, then that car must meet SOS rules.

Thanks

Keith

Kieth correct me if i am wrong all tracks at some point and time will invite a certain class to come race on any given night with them being teched to thier home track rules. When the street stock shoot out was formed most tracks let them run according to the track rules that car chooses in the street stock class from what I see some of the guys started doing it in purestock class and that doesnt apply. Its only done for street stocks. Which is a good thing some of the racers took it upon themselves to do it with there purestocks and that wasnt supposed to happen unless the track has an open invitation for that given night. With that being said some of these guys are blowing this up to a big monster so to speak with out hurting anyones feelings. And then somebody else decides that they were singled out. Think about it guys alot of you took upon yourselves to follow a certain type of rules that simply dont exist.

Andy

Kieth correct me if i am wrong all tracks at some point and time will invite a certain class to come race on any given night with them being teched to thier home track rules. When the street stock shoot out was formed most tracks let them run according to the track rules that car chooses in the street stock class from what I see some of the guys started doing it in purestock class and that doesnt apply. Its only done for street stocks. Which is a good thing some of the racers took it upon themselves to do it with there purestocks and that wasnt supposed to happen unless the track has an open invitation for that given night. With that being said some of these guys are blowing this up to a big monster so to speak with out hurting anyones feelings. And then somebody else decides that they were singled out. Think about it guys alot of you took upon yourselves to follow a certain type of rules that simply dont exist.

Andy

Why dont you all say the 32w can not race at SOS

And also to follow what is said above...the 32w will not be allowed to race at havoc under STS rules...

Easy enough...he will not be there...enjoy the rest of season..

Hellloo Mr. Cooter i know you look on here you coming!!

Yes sir!! car ain't painted, but it is ready to go and so am I.

Why dont you all say the 32w can not race at SOS until he changes the cam to a 450...

And also to follow what is said above...the 32w will not be allowed to race at havoc under STS rules...

Easy enough...he will not be there...enjoy the rest of season..

The cam lift rule is 450 lift hello anything over is illegal!!!!!

Daniel that is what all these post on the forum was about. hopefully you are not upset that you will have to change cam in order to race, sos or trp. some have tried to explain that the car was not legal to sos. we also have offered to give you a free new cam and have it installed in your car. [edited by Nick Holt, 7/13/2013] Brain told you we want you to race at sos and offered you to be able use his shop and tools to change cam i offered a cam. [edited by Nick Holt, 7/13/2013]

Make your car legal to SOS rules where the car was run the most when it was built and I don't think anybody will say anything!!!!

Long as it passes tech!!!!!!!!

Lets see who all passes tech tonight....OR will they check all the regular cars...

What happens if I still win with a 450? Is the driver illegal?

And love these forums...they fun to read....thanks Nick!!!!

Lets see who all passes tech tonight....OR will they check all the regular cars...

What happens if I still win with a 450? Is the driver illegal?

And love these forums...they fun to read....thanks Nick!!!!

Do you feel like an Illegal driver?

GENERAL RULES:

Pure stocks are designed to be an entry level class. Age requirement is 14 years of age and up. Ages 14 -17 must have a notarized release form signed by their legal guardian/parent and birth certificate on file.

Do you feel like an Illegal driver?

GENERAL RULES:

Pure stocks are designed to be an entry level class. Age requirement is 14 years of age and up. Ages 14 -17 must have a notarized release form signed by their legal guardian/parent and birth certificate on file.

Nope....what makes it an entry level class....specify please....what are the qualifications....

Total races...Wins...losses...wrecks...spin outs...

Or is strictly age....bc i thought that is what go carts and mini stocks are for....

Or is it all about money?

All our paper work is on file at SOS office If you have doubt ask them to show it to you as a mattter of fact i keep a copy of Big Dogs birth certifacte in the truck if anyone wants to see it! I for one would never jeopardize my grandsons life if i didnt think he couldnt handle it!!

All our paper work is on file at SOS office If you have doubt ask them to show it to you as a mattter of fact i keep a copy of Big Dogs birth certifacte in the truck if anyone wants to see it! I for one would never jeopardize my grandsons life if i didnt think he couldnt handle it!!

Andy I think you miss understood Coastal's remark, she was simply quoting from the general rule book of S.O.S. in reply to 32w. Nobody is pointing a finger at Nathan, or you he is a good little driver.

Andy I think you miss understood Coastal's remark, she was simply quoting from the general rule book of S.O.S. in reply to 32w. Nobody is pointing a finger at Nathan, or you he is a good little driver.

Thanks for clarifying Cooter.

(Coastal) is Richard not Christie.

Big Dog none of this was directed to you or Nathan. This classs is designed for Nathan. SOS does not have a Mini Class for the kids to move into from the go carts this is where he belongs, and I did not write the rules or do I have any say so about them. This is my opinion!!!

en′try-lev`el

1. suitable for unskilled or inexperienced.

2. being relatively simple in design and low in cost.

It is just that! An entrylevel class for new racers or inexperienced. I personally dont belive drivers from any class above this should be allowed to drop down and race against entrylevel drivers and even first year drivers new to the class. This would be like allowing the 8th grade foot ball team to go over to the local elementeray and play a game of dodgeball with the 3rd graders. Sorry!!! That is how it looks to me!

I know there is nothing in the rules saying you can not drop down into the Pure Stock Class. But seriously think about it! Is this where you really belong.

Sorry about the mistake Richard! I agree about this being an entry level class (this is my first year driving any class) as my skills improve I plan to move up the ladder. I plan at least one more year in this class.

Sorry about the mistake Richard! I agree about this being an entry level class (this is my first year driving any class) as my skills improve I plan to move up the ladder. I plan at least one more year in this class.

I am in this class bc of the cost....if you wish to build me a limited or a streetstock and pay the high costs each week...id be glad to drive it...

Also...if you want it an entry level class make it to where all drivers must start in this class and not go straight to limiteds....there are many young kids in that class that tear up some nice cars (including mine) and thats why I chose to drop down. Also b/c of the clean driving of the pure stocks. I came to the class to drive with you guys b/c yall respected each others cars. I do not have time nor desire to replace sheetmetal after every saturday night at races...

see it as you wish. If I remember correctly back in the day they used to require the points winner to move up. Not certain on that. I have been in racing for 5 years but have minimal amount of races. I will count them up and I bet the match some of the people in this class...

but see it as yall wish....

Thanks i justed wanted to make sure but on the same note i have had a few drivers from other classes talk about they would like to move down because of cost effect its either race a pure or dont race at all i see both sides of the picture we chose to not get a mini because of dwindling car count and expense has any one ever seen what it cost for engine rebuild on 4cyl then you race it for two years and buy a pure when you can wait a year and buy a pure trust me i have given this a lot of thougt then theres the Emod only in corpus from what i saw they cost about the same as a pure if you dont go all out and be resonable then of course that dont happen All i know is my whole family goes we watch nathan go race and we have a blast thats what it is supposed to be about now thats priceless think about it is that not what its supposed to be about!

Thanks for keeping this one pretty much "non-bashing" folks.

When posting keep these general ideas in mind.

- Talking about issues is fine. Talking about people - not so fine.

- Talking about rules in general is fine. Talking about rules makers - not so fine.

- Making positive, thoughtful suggestions is fine. Attacking a track for a rule or ruling - not so fine.

Nick

Archived