Rules Clarification

Sorry about the mistake Richard! I agree about this being an entry level class (this is my first year driving any class) as my skills improve I plan to move up the ladder. I plan at least one more year in this class.

I am in this class bc of the cost....if you wish to build me a limited or a streetstock and pay the high costs each week...id be glad to drive it...

Also...if you want it an entry level class make it to where all drivers must start in this class and not go straight to limiteds....there are many young kids in that class that tear up some nice cars (including mine) and thats why I chose to drop down. Also b/c of the clean driving of the pure stocks. I came to the class to drive with you guys b/c yall respected each others cars. I do not have time nor desire to replace sheetmetal after every saturday night at races...

see it as you wish. If I remember correctly back in the day they used to require the points winner to move up. Not certain on that. I have been in racing for 5 years but have minimal amount of races. I will count them up and I bet the match some of the people in this class...

but see it as yall wish....

I was not making any suggestions to what you should do, I was simply sharing my future racing plan. But if the sponsorship doesn't come through, I guess I'll have to take up fishing. I try real hard to respect all racer's and there equipment, I don't like it when I have to do sheet metal repairs to my car and don't wish to cause someone else to have to repair their car. I too am on a limited budget, I choose to race at S.O.S. because it is close to where I live, I like the track, I helped G.W. Shaffer build the track. I have been involved in racing for almost 30 years and it took this long before I could afford my own, I have helped a many a racer with their cars over the years and now luckily they are returning the favor. When you have friends that have different skills, and can lend a helping hand, it doesn't take allot of money, just time, sweat, tears and an understanding family. I extend my hand to you, I am a welder by trade, and I am pretty good with a wrench, All you have to do is ask, its free.

As for any class being considered an entry class how long do you get in that class to become "experienced"?And when you make that point why should you must move up.I see pure stock cars for sale in the $3500 range race ready.I've seen street stock cars in the $6000 range up to $15,000.That is a major dollar investment just to move up one class.Why shouldn't a guy or girl, stay in pure stocks for years? E-Mods are a good way to kind of bridge that gap. I agree that long time mod or late model drivers should not be this class. As for the young drivers I've seen a lot of them both male and female in many classes on both asphalt and dirt.I'd say 90% of them do more than good.It seems most of the accidents come from the "experienced" group. Really if a driver races in this class is a good clean driver he should be welcomed as it adds to the car count and fun for all.

As for any class being considered an entry class how long do you get in that class to become "experienced"?And when you make that point why should you must move up.I see pure stock cars for sale in the $3500 range race ready.I've seen street stock cars in the $6000 range up to $15,000.That is a major dollar investment just to move up one class.Why shouldn't a guy or girl, stay in pure stocks for years? E-Mods are a good way to kind of bridge that gap. I agree that long time mod or late model drivers should not be this class. As for the young drivers I've seen a lot of them both male and female in many classes on both asphalt and dirt.I'd say 90% of them do more than good.It seems most of the accidents come from the "experienced" group. Really if a driver races in this class is a good clean driver he should be welcomed as it adds to the car count and fun for all.

I just started late last season raced 5 races , I bought my car out of corpus for $1,700 dollars race ready for STS! I bought wheels and tires for SOS pure stock class, over heated first 3 races , new fan shroud, new fan went out placed 4th next race went out and WON 1st. This class is designed for beginners and to give people a chance to see if they really want to put the time in to racing in which it requires. I do feel like after a car or cars dominate the class they should want to move up or should I say driver or drivers they should want to move up.

We all know its fun to to win but its a lot more fun to chase than to be chased.

Prime example, I saw a 2nd place car driven by a veteran driver spin out in turn 2, instead of sitting there waiting for a caution he got it back on the track got going waited for 1st place to come by then raced the whole rest of the race like he was racing for 1st knowing all along he was in last place. CLASS ACT AND A GOOD SHOW. Way to go D.B.

Oh I'm sure a lot of guys want to move up but from $3500 to $6500+ is a big financial step to make.And let me say you young ones are tough and do a great job. The last pure stock race I saw 1st was ,from what I know, won by a pretty experienced driver,2nd a very experienced driver and 3rd and 4rth were girls that I think are still in high school.And they were right there with them.One of the girls won her first feature a few weeks ago.And that is with 20+ cars starting.Every track I go to has young drivers that drive way beyond their years .In other words pure stock allows the young ones to catch to the experienced drivers quicker than other classes.

Archived