So....what do you see...?

dancer52

Crew member never left the infield. He was never on the track. What he did was not acceptable and driver was punished for it. Which now brings up a good issue. No car will be approached under red or yellow by any person other than officials. Photographers are not officials...

I beg to differ....she is the official track photographer....and as such over the years (at several different tracks)...she has removed parts from cars....been called on to help make calls...and in case you missed the drivers meeting...she had quite a bit of input (from track promoter request)

But...if you insist...I say..go ahead and dock yourself another 20 points...since she worked for you Saturday...lol

On a side note...since you can say with a straight face Robert never entered the track surface...then I am pretty sure brenda didnt either...lol

And to the ppl that say they want to see the rough mud hole wet track start footing the bill for all the stuff that gets tore up on those tracks and you will appreciate a nice dry slick track!

I know of a lot of people that will not go to a track as dry as what that was saturday night. I hope they fix the watering issue when the SST,ASCS, and SUPR come to race there because those three groups on a dry slick track like last weekend no one in the stand will be able to see the racing surface for all the dust. An if you turn the track and pack the track correctly you can have a fast tacky track that does not get rough, last november the track was real tacky but stayed pretty smooth all night long. Devils Bowl has a tacky track that stays smooth and the racing is flat out fast and good. When it comes to a tacky track late models, and sprint cars you get multiple grooves and and fast racing on a dry slick you get a follow the leader caution filled dust bowl that no one enjoys. Cotton Bowl has done the tacky thing and i think what hurt them was the diluge of rain that happened during the week and made it really soft and let it rut up but i dont think Danny and the staff were prepping it as much during the week at the beginning of the season as they are now and they are doing a good job from what I've seen in pictures and being at the track so I for one would like to see it go a little tacky again.

Sounds like there are a lot of little things popping up this season.Maybe a meeting is in order.I know this is a hard thing to do but I think the Series will have to have its own crew/staff. That is the only way you will have consistancy.The bugs will be worked out if communication(meetings) and procedures are implimented.

Archived