invert

sm44

Dry when we were packing then they added water a couple times during the night. They were having problems with the water truck.

Water pump on water truck was pouring out water as fast as you could put it in. The extra load during intermission was for the fans. ( I suppose) The crowd needed the water on the track due to the clouds of dust lingering over to to them.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Track was rougher than going through a corn field backwards. What I would like to see done is let the sprintcars run earlier in the night instead of the last feature. When the track ruts up as bad as it has the past two races for us we have a higher chance of catching a rut and flipping and the race two weeks ago we lost one to catching a rut and almost lost three more. Plus with us running earlier we can help smooth out the track and maybe create some kind of cushion. I watched a video of our car and at one time we only had one wheel on the track, my driver figured out where to run, where the ruts werent as bother some and was only off the throttle for half a second.

with all that water on the track its not gonna matter who runs first it will still be a cornfield.i don't think they could handle a dry slick..

Well..they tried less water this week...(and it was horrible) but..I think there is so much water below that it will take a few weeks to harden so it wont rut up....

Everyone else is voicing their 2 cents, and its been awhile since i've been on here, so here it goes.

The track has been doing a GREAT job with everything they are doing. It's a top notch facility. Track prep has been good.... always smooth and multiple grooves!

Y'all wanted it drier and look what happened, it was total shit from what all I heard. That track and the material they have it great and in my opinion, should stay tacky. Its a big, fun, fast track with multiple grooves.

Yes, heavy track are harder on motors but so many people like to race on tacky. Darn near every track is dry slick. heat races start out tacky but go slick. CBS is tacky in the heats and tacky in the features. Not many tracks can do that.

I applaud them for all their hard work they do, to give the drivers and fans a place to go to and have fun on a saturday night.

and as far as the taking hours to wash your cars, that's cause y'all go home and wash them right away. LOL

let it sit for a couple days and its drys up and falls right off. takes less than an hour to clean ours. :)

i'm not here to bash anyone on here, so don't take it the wrong way.... the track is doing great. leave it tacky!

that's my 2 cents, for whatever its worth haha

Everyone else is voicing their 2 cents, and its been awhile since i've been on here, so here it goes.

The track has been doing a GREAT job with everything they are doing. It's a top notch facility. Track prep has been good.... always smooth and multiple grooves!

Y'all wanted it drier and look what happened, it was total shit from what all I heard. That track and the material they have it great and in my opinion, should stay tacky. Its a big, fun, fast track with multiple grooves.

Yes, heavy track are harder on motors but so many people like to race on tacky. Darn near every track is dry slick. heat races start out tacky but go slick. CBS is tacky in the heats and tacky in the features. Not many tracks can do that.

I applaud them for all their hard work they do, to give the drivers and fans a place to go to and have fun on a saturday night.

and as far as the taking hours to wash your cars, that's cause y'all go home and wash them right away. LOL

let it sit for a couple days and its drys up and falls right off. takes less than an hour to clean ours. :)

i'm not here to bash anyone on here, so don't take it the wrong way.... the track is doing great. leave it tacky!

I'm forwarding my Centex invoice to you..lol

I'm forwarding my Centex invoice to you..lol

Haha. Very funny Joenut

Track doesn't need to be heavy. Just tacky!

Problem is when its tacky, its 1 groove. And, when it was tacky, it was rough as well.. Would rather have it dry and rough vs tacky and rough any day. I wouldn't mind it being tacky as long as its not slimy on bottom and chunky up top which makes it a 1 lane track. If it was consistent from top to bottom, I wouldn't care if it was tacky or dry. I agree, the track is doing a good job and it will take some time to figure out the track surface.

Archived