invert

sm44

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe the cars that were starting behind the cars who we thought should be in the back either didnt race the prior couple weeks or have never raced there before... I dont think the heats made any difference

Heats should've qualified top ten or twelve then the rest line up behind those..otherwise the heats mean nothing.

You are correct.. And I think after people keep pulling out of their heat races they will figure this out and do it the right way. Hopefully anyway. You could save a lot of money not to mention wear and tear on your equipment by not running the heat races. AND, as evidence from last night, if they keep inverting this way, it will be a demo derby every night. Mods started 17, officially 5 or 6 finished, 3 or 4 were running competitively.

This was the discussion last year at SOS... yes what is the purpose in running heat races if you invert...SOS no longer inverts, but dont know why might want to ask....THis was also a topic of discussion and they do not do this either..lol....What if just the points leader started the feature in the back...but that was when people ran for points and not payout at end of race....When growing up it seemed to work well....but you also ran 3 races a night....trophy dash, Australian pursuit, and the feature...just a thought for discussion....

Just do it like everyone else does and keep it simple. Top 3 or 4 from each heat race you invert by point average. Everyone else who doesn't qualify in heat just gets added in behind them.. Nice and simple. This is how IMCA and most tracks do it and it works well. That way when cars come to the track they are not confused by how things are being done.

This weekend was my first time to CBS. The track was super nice. The racing was good for the most part. As for invert or not. I think the mods dont need to invert. The faster cars towards the rear got tore up for one reason or another. Passing seemed more like a demo derby. Might as well put the fast car in front and let him run away with it. You might have more cars finish.

The question I have is, the second half of the race there was one car who was bad fast and chasing down the leader and he only had 3 wheels. Why black flag him, that was the best drive of the night. Awesome wheeling sir.

Keep the invert but do it the IMCA way.. If you can't drive around slower cars to get to the front then you shouldn't be driving a racecar.. A good driver will work his way through a pack of cars un-scathed. You've got to have the complete package as a driver to be competitive. Missing wrecks and passing slow guys is just part of it. It's called racing, not follow the leader. You put all the fast guys up front and that's what it will be.

You want less torn up cars, prep the track where it will go dry slick. As tacky as that track stays there will always be torn up equipment because its super fast and there's less room for errors.

Was our first time there as well and we had a blast, will definitely be back.

Oh and just throwing this out there cause I know the owner or whoever is the parent of those 2 kids on the 4 wheelers running around in the pits reads this but you need to reign them in a lil bit. They're gunna hurt someone or themselves.

This weekend was my first time to CBS. The track was super nice. The racing was good for the most part. As for invert or not. I think the mods dont need to invert. The faster cars towards the rear got tore up for one reason or another. Passing seemed more like a demo derby. Might as well put the fast car in front and let him run away with it. You might have more cars finish.

The question I have is, the second half of the race there was one car who was bad fast and chasing down the leader and he only had 3 wheels. Why black flag him, that was the best drive of the night.

Awesome wheeling sir.

My question is this....when did racers just want to be handed a win? I grew up with racers who built cars to race, wish the sport had not "evolved" from that...

Here is a fact....racing is entertainment.... if we dont put fans in the stands then we wont have a place to race. Fans do not want to see the fast car start and finish up front.

I suggest If you cant pass a slow car without wrecking (I know it will happen sometimes no matter what)....move to a different class than can take some abuse. Sure..I know the slower cars cause wrecks...you just have to take a few more minutes passing them...sucks for sure....but...without the slower cars, you wont have faster cars next year (after they get experiance)

As for why black flag the mod...I think after what happened in nascar, this would not need to be explained.

again....these are just my opinions... (AJ)

We are getting away from the issue here. The issue is whether to invert the entire feature field or to do it the way IMCA and other tracks do it by qualifying the top 3 or 4 from each heat and inverting those cars.. Again, it doesn't make any sense to invert the entire feature field. This would make running a heat race absolutely pointless, which doesn't make any sense. This is going to accomplish 2 things: 1) Less cars will be running their heat race which makes for a negative impact of the overall quality of the show for the fans. and 2) Demo derby time. I understand that in racing you have to pass cars. I have been racing for 25 years, I get it. Im not asking to be handed anything. In fact, I like the challenge. However, tell me how its fair to have cars that finish dead last in the heat every week start on the front of the feature? It doesn't make any sense and never will. If you don't make the invert, you will be lined up after the cars that do make the invert.

On the track condition subject, I agree that they need to tame down the watering and let the track go slick. The racing will be more competitive which will create a better show for the fans. Racing on slime in the heat races is not racing. It doesn't make a difference if they packed it for another hour, it would still be slimy.. Just less water would solve the problem. Some of the best races I have ever seen and been a part of have been on dry slick conditions. This will take the $$ and big motors out of the equation and put skill back into driving this track.. If it is windy and happens to be blowing into the crowd, run some water up on top/bottom at intermission to keep the dust down.

mod88s - Totally agree with what you're saying. The way IMCA does it making the heat races count is the best way in my opinion. Then you've got a mix of cars, not all fast guys in the front and not all in the back..

mod88s - I agree 100% on both the way the invert should be done....and the watering...... I am willing to donate money for a fund so we can hire a hitman for the water truck....it took 4 hours to clean my car sunday....that alone is going to drive me away....

and cory...no...I didnt see any sarcasm...I guess me and Sheldon need more classes on that...lol

if you guys want to drive dry slick, go somewhere else i built a car to go fast and get grip we (street stock) are getting no complaints, i think the last 3 or 4 races we have had 1 or cautions, not everybody likes dry slick leave it alone waddell

AJ, I spent the entire intermission till feature time cleaning off my car and helmet. When you looked at my car after the heat races, you couldn't tell what color it was, and im not joking. Then another 3-4 hours at home sunday.

I understand some want it dry and some want it tacky. I just feel it takes some of the $$ and motor out of the equation and puts the driver skill back into the equation. I am concerned for the quality of the show as well.. You can definitely tell who has the $$ and the motors when they are half a lap ahead of everyone.. How fun is that to watch?

AJ, I spent the entire intermission till feature time cleaning off my car and helmet. When you looked at my car after the heat races, you couldn't tell what color it was, and im not joking. Then another 3-4 hours at home sunday.

I understand some want it dry and some want it tacky. I just feel it takes some of the $ and motor out of the equation and puts the driver skill back into the equation. I am concerned for the quality of the show as well.. You can definitely tell who has the $ and the motors when they are half a lap ahead of everyone.. How fun is that to watch?

This is waddy, i,ll trade my paycheck with any body that comes thru the gate put 20 hours a week after your regular job on your race car and watch the lap times pick up. me and a j have been starting in the rear for the past few weeks what do you want us to do pull off a plug wire?

Im not sure what you are trying to say about the paycheck thing.

As far as putting in time on my car, trust me, I put in just as much time, probably more than most people. Ive done my homework and I know how this game works as Ive been doing it for a long time. Its not such a huge issue in other classes as it is in the mods, when people have the $$ and the motor, is it more noticeable. It is amplified when the track is tacky, which is why I prefer dry tracks. Takes some of the $$ and motor out of the equation and puts car set up and skill back into the equation. If you take a car which is way off on set up and the driver cant drive worth a crap, but they have a decent motor, they can do quite well when the track is tacky. I prefer a dry track because I DO my homework and if you are off on set up and don't know how to drive a racecar, the cream will rise to the top(most times) when its dry.

mod88s - I agree 100% on both the way the invert should be done....and the watering...... I am willing to donate money for a fund so we can hire a hitman for the water truck....it took 4 hours to clean my car sunday....that alone is going to drive me away....

and cory...no...I didnt see any sarcasm...I guess me and Sheldon need more classes on that...lol

Hey AJ you know how sts is. Takes me 20 min to clean the car

Track stays competitive! Plus need more cars!

Archived