All classes with be subject to Tech starting this week

xmod97

The rules have been posted on our web site for months. All racers need to check the rules for there class and make sure there cars meet rules. We will be checking all classes every week for the rest of the season. Limited Mod. and Modified make sure you have a body that meets IMCA rules, IMCA exhaust headers, and the engine meets IMCA rules. All classes check your wheel/ tire rule for your class. Every driver needs to read General Rules as well as your class rules. Pure stock make sure you meet the 15 inch vacuum rule at 1000 RPM. We will DQ cars that do not pass Tech. We gave the cars two weeks to get right since other tracks closed. We will make every effort to keep all cars on a level playing field.

(Cotton Bowl Tech Guy)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With out a full field in any class and 1/2 imca and 1/2 run what u brung maybe slim car count this weekend. Why run by imca rules when u are not an imca track? Does headers really make a big difference if they are 1 5/8 with 3 inch collector let them go. As long as it looks like the other cars on the track does the body really matter ? People come to see racing not 10 cars following each other around in circles boring. When the green flag drops the bull sht stops. Lets go racing. Good luck to all this weekend.

Thats what I heard is that yall wernt imca sanctioned. Do we have to have imca stamps even if we are running the hard tires. What about stickered a-arms and wheels? was comin but dont want to get dq'd over a sticker or a stamp. Let me know please.

I do not know where you heard that at. Not IMCA sanctioned. Cotton Bowl Rules posted on our web site.

What's the gripe with them going by IMCA rules? I don't get it. Not to mention, if you build your car to IMCA specs then you can go run IMCA tracks. What if cotton bowl were to rain out or shut down? I understand a lot of you aren't wanting to buy stuff that's IMCA stamped but they've already said that you do not have to buy stamped tires. I don't honestly get the thought process behind that either, I understand non stamped tires cost what 10-15 dollars cheaper? Wouldn't you rather have the stamped one so you can go run some IMCA shows? A license for a modified driver cost $150, that's chump change compared to what most of us spend on racing then you've got the option to run your car at cotton bowl on nights they have mods/sport mods then go run else where if you like.

I also understand quiet a few of you are coming from the asphalt world and used to showing loyalty to one track. I've only recently read post on asphalt tracks coming to terms on rules that were for the most part never the same when I was a lil kid running around the asphalt tracks, except for the touring series. Well welcome to the world of dirt, there is a sanctioning body that is HUGE here in this state and the owner/promoter is doing a great thing by going by their rules cause he will draw cars that way as he did last weekend.

Well said Matt. As far as Sportmods go I have talked to racers from the Houston who quit because it became a "I can spend more on my motor than you can" situation but that happens everywhere in racing. Imca has done nothing to limit motors either. Tires ,a arms and wheels are cheap so I do not understand except maybe the motor claim rule. But in 3 years I've never seen anyone claim one but the rule is lurking there though you can always refuse it. The main reason I chose Sportmods was because of Imca rules being the same at a bunch of tracks and thank you CBS for using them. Next step is sanctioning.

all I want to know is if I need stickered wheels, a-arms, stamped tires, chassis headers?

For cotton bowl we do not require the IMCA stickers right now, but if we get IMCA next year you will need to have stickers or if run at a another IMCA track.

all I want to know is if I need stickered wheels, a-arms, stamped tires, chassis headers?

For cotton bowl we do not require the IMCA stickers right now, but if we get IMCA next year you will need to have stickers or if run at a another IMCA track.

So then you are not running IMCA rules!?

Mind you I don't represent the track but common sense says Hoosier 500 for sm and g60 for mods, not required to be stamped though, I would think if you use the softer compound that would be illegal, hopefully cbs will answer that.

How hard is this people? No stickers required on a arms, wheels, spindles etc. Imca rules for the car though, headers, intakes, carbs,transmissions, body's, shocks etc. Its not rocket science.

LMAO Joe!

Really great way of breaking it down B) I just had to chirp in and state that Asphalt tracks do work with other tracks, we call them 'Sister' tracks. :D This year I believe SAS, CCS & CTS are working together on rules, allowing 'Asphalt' drivers to run at other tracks as well. Ex; HMP, THR, RRS & CC hosted Texas Super Racing Series up until last year. TSRS was a touring Late Model (Asphalt) series successfully ran for years by MAN Racing Promotions. (so there has to be more than one) LOL I agree about the loyalty thing though, see I couldn't resist clearing that up. OK continue about the rules and racing he he Thanks C :ph34r: I do not know the details, however I do know they tried to get IMCA sanctioning and were denied.(Do not know why, don't think it has to do w/distance) I assume since CB is using IMCA rules EXACTLY, but w/o the stickers, they might be in the process to be sanctioned next year or just allowing for a larger car count. I do not represent the track and this is fact, not hearsay. See y'all there!

Facts or not I think those kind of remarks should be left for CBS officials to be stating not what has been heard or information handed down. I think CBS has alot of time, money and hard work invested including from those that have consulted with them when asked such as myself and many others. To set the record straight CBS has never been denied anything from IMCA nor are they using IMCA rules EXACTLY. Due to CBS officials are hard at work getting ready for a race they ask me to post this on behalf of them.

On a personal note I will say I have to deal with alot of tracks in this area and have delt with a mess of em across Tx over the years. CBS ranks as high as any other track in my book on their total package. From day one Danny has had a plan and it has gone fwd without taking a step back. All of their decisions are based on the bigger picture. That doesnt neccessarily mean they will copy what others have been doing in this area. Their goals are to be a top notch facility for fans. racers and a place people are proud to take their family too. Keep in mind they are merely taking their first baby steps in this new venture so before we cast a stone, pass along what you heard or develop an opinion of them lets give them the benefit of the doubt to learn and see what happens.

Facts or not I think those kind of remarks should be left for CBS officials to be stating not what has been heard or information handed down. I think CBS has alot of time, money and hard work invested including from those that have consulted with them when asked such as myself and many others. To set the record straight CBS has never been denied anything from IMCA nor are they using IMCA rules EXACTLY. Due to CBS officials are hard at work getting ready for a race they ask me to post this on behalf of them.

On a personal note I will say I have to deal with alot of tracks in this area and have delt with a mess of em across Tx over the years. CBS ranks as high as any other track in my book on their total package. From day one Danny has had a plan and it has gone fwd without taking a step back. All of their decisions are based on the bigger picture. That doesnt neccessarily mean they will copy what others have been doing in this area. Their goals are to be a top notch facility for fans. racers and a place people are proud to take their family too. Keep in mind they are merely taking their first baby steps in this new venture so before we cast a stone, pass along what you heard or develop an opinion of them lets give them the benefit of the doubt to learn and see what happens.

I agree 100% that the track should be the one making remarks/statements concerning rules, procedures..Hell anything to do with the track. That is why early in the week I possed several questions regarding line ups, transponders and some thoughts on several other topics. These are yet to be addressed by anyone from the track.I will sit back and see how things shape up the next 4 months or so while running at tts.

Joe

Archived