All classes with be subject to Tech starting this week

xmod97

I disagree with most rumors about the r4j car engine related, I wont comment about anything else on his car. I could be wrong, I have never looked at his car up close. I dont intend to look at his car upclose. I will give the driver and tech man the benefit of any doubt I have until they proove otherwise. Our car the 186 is 110% legal per the rule book and we can run door to door with him down the straight away thus is the reason why I think his engine is legal and isnt producing any more horsepower then us or the #44x car. We have raced twice with (2) 2nd place finishes to show for it. We have lead the most laps and should have (2) feature wins to show for it but dont. We have no excuses other then we will come back faster. Last night I felt we were not driven in a manner we deserved to be driven in late in the race for the win. That was the only issue I had about last night. Before we left the track apoligizes were made and all is good but my driver given the chance the favor will be returned. We make no bones about it. We drive clean and race hard, we give back what is dished out, sorry but thats how we were brought up and it should make for some great racing coming up for the fans to watch. There has been several rumors about our car being legal or not. Its simple reach into your wallet and put up a protest or go around the pits and get a collection, I beg you please. $200 isnt near enough to pay for fuel to tow from Boerne, Tx. but with protest money on top of it I will be happy to tear down for that person and techman. Bottom line the class has alot of rookies in it and very few experienced drivers. So there is a huge difference on the track people are seeing. That will change in time as current cars get faster and good out of town cars start coming over. Sorry but our car isnt going to get slower to silence the cretics as a matter of fact like most racers we will be faster and plan on it each and every time we come so good luck to everyone racing. As far as CBS goes I expect them to make a few bad decisions here and there. With that being said I do think leaving the 33 pure stock on the bottom of turn 2 was a very very bad decision with 3 laps to go. I dont think anyone would want their car and driver being a sitting target in that position. Something to think about.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I disagree with most rumors about the r4j car engine related, I wont comment about anything else on his car. I could be wrong, I have never looked at his car up close. I dont intend to look at his car upclose. I will give the driver and tech man the benefit of any doubt I have until they proove otherwise. Our car the 186 is 110% legal per the rule book and we can run door to door with him down the straight away thus is the reason why I think his engine is legal and isnt producing any more horsepower then us or the #44x car. We have raced twice with (2) 2nd place finishes to show for it. We have lead the most laps and should have (2) feature wins to show for it but dont. We have no excuses other then we will come back faster. Last night I felt we were not driven in a manner we deserved to be driven in late in the race for the win. That was the only issue I had about last night. Before we left the track apoligizes were made and all is good but my driver given the chance the favor will be returned. We make no bones about it. We drive clean and race hard, we give back what is dished out, sorry but thats how we were brought up and it should make for some great racing coming up for the fans to watch. There has been several rumors about our car being legal or not. Its simple reach into your wallet and put up a protest or go around the pits and get a collection, I beg you please. $200 isnt near enough to pay for fuel to tow from Boerne, Tx. but with protest money on top of it I will be happy to tear down for that person and techman. Bottom line the class has alot of rookies in it and very few experienced drivers. So there is a huge difference on the track people are seeing. That will change in time as current cars get faster and good out of town cars start coming over. Sorry but our car isnt going to get slower to silence the cretics as a matter of fact like most racers we will be faster and plan on it each and every time we come so good luck to everyone racing. As far as CBS goes I expect them to make a few bad decisions here and there. With that being said I do think leaving the 33 pure stock on the bottom of turn 2 was a very very bad decision with 3 laps to go. I dont think anyone would want their car and driver being a sitting target in that position. Something to think about.

I know that driving experience shows on the track. I have video to prove it. I have three races under my belt and it shows. I do plan on getting better and faster. Its nice racing against drivers that understand that pure stock is an entry level class designed for rookies to learn and improve. I have watched you and your brother and you do drive clean. I appreciate that.

So what is the tire rule for street stocks. I know what the rules say. But ¿¿

I know the two SOS cars had illegal tires...but...I personally think allowing them to run here on their off weeks is a good idea. The shootout has proven they do not have an advantage. I do think it should have been explained in the drivers meeting.... but...for the record...they were told they could not come back (at least with those tires on a non shootout night)

I think the more we have the better off the class is in the long run. But I do understand it is confusing.

just fyi

btw, all these posts are from AJ

Brenda is smarter than me and knows it always pays to keep your opinions to yourself...lol

One last thing...I always push the rules...but never intentionally break the rules....I have mis-read rules on occasion...but I have never cheated just to cheat. And..I will leave this topic with an open invitation...anyone is welcome to come look at any of my cars and i will tell you the truth about any part on the car...and answer any question you have as truthfully as I can. AJ

I had told the guys from SOS they could come run 1 night with us, with SOS rules. Then I would get input from CBS street Stock owner/drivers if we should allow them to run with us using the SOS rules. Here what i see different in the rules.

Weight: Same

SOS no weight Jacks allowed (Adjustable spring spacer) CBS allowed weight jacks

SOS stock location mounted springs, shocks, A-framees

Front: CBS allowed tubler upper A-arms, Upper control arm

towers may be moved for caster and camber adjustment or weight jack installation

Rear: 3 link with no traction control device (spring or biscuit) and solid top link no

longer than 36 inches with stock un-altered OEM lower control arms of stock length allowed.

Pan hard bars may not be shorter than 26 inches and must be solid.

Head: Same both tracks

Engine: SOS 5.7 rods CBS: 5.7 or 6 inch, SOS 4 valve relief Pistons CBS: flat top pistons , SOS: Cam 15 inchs @ 1000RPM or .480 lift @ valve . CBS CAM: Any flat tappet camshaft: solid or hydraulic

SOS stock Ignition, CBS Any Battery type ignition only.

Intake: SOS only allowed alum. Intake is Weiand PN 7547 or 7547-1 or Edlebrock #2701

CBS: Cast iron manifold or Aluminum manifold allowed (Max Carburetor base Height 6.25” including adapters & gaskets)

SOS: Stock flywheel flywheel & clutch CBS: Alum. Flywheel or mini-clutch

Wheels: SOS wheels 10 inch max. CBS: wheels 8 inch max.

Tires: SOS 10 inch wide dirt boss CBS: Hoosier G-60, KK704 or 15KK704-short Tires, or 8” or 10” asphalt pull-off tires Allowed. Grooved or Siping of tires are the only tire modification Allowed. No tire softner

We need to have a good car count and still try to make it fair for everyone, so street stock owners/drivers tell what you think about this.

Jimmy

I know the two SOS cars had illegal tires...but...I personally think allowing them to run here on their off weeks is a good idea. The shootout has proven they do not have an advantage. I do think it should have been explained in the drivers meeting.... but...for the record...they were told they could not come back (at least with those tires on a non shootout night)

I think the more we have the better off the class is in the long run. But I do understand it is confusing.

just fyi

Brenda is smarter than me and knows it always pays to keep your opinions to yourself...lol

One last thing...I always push the rules...but never intentionally break the rules....I have mis-read rules on occasion...but I have never cheated just to cheat. And..I will leave this topic with an open invitation...anyone is welcome to come look at any of my cars and i will tell you the truth about any part on the car...and answer any question you have as truthfully as I can. AJ

I had told the guys from SOS they could come run 1 night with us, with SOS rules. Then I would get input from CBS street Stock owner/drivers if we should allow them to run with us using the SOS rules. Here what i see different in the rules.

towers may be moved for caster and camber adjustment or weight jack installation

Rear: 3 link with no traction control device (spring or biscuit) and solid top link no

longer than 36 inches with stock un-altered OEM lower control arms of stock length allowed.

Engine: SOS 5.7 rods CBS: 5.7 or 6 inch, SOS 4 valve relief Pistons CBS: flat top pistons , SOS: Cam 15 inchs @ 1000RPM or .480 lift @ valve . CBS CAM: Any flat tappet camshaft: solid or hydraulic

Intake: SOS only allowed alum. Intake is Weiand PN 7547 or 7547-1 or Edlebrock #2701

CBS: Cast iron manifold or Aluminum manifold allowed (Max Carburetor base Height 6.25” including adapters & gaskets)

Tires: SOS 10 inch wide dirt boss CBS: Hoosier G-60, KK704 or 15KK704-short Tires, or 8” or 10” asphalt pull-off tires Allowed. Grooved or Siping of tires are the only tire modification Allowed. No tire softner

We need to have a good car count and still try to make it fair for everyone, so street stock owners/drivers tell what you think about this.

Jimmy

I want them to run....you also forgot engine placement (unless it changed) I think they have to be 1 inch ahead of the upper balljoint.

It only makes sense to allow SOS to run...they are the only track around the same size (so no gear change) and they dont run every week...so they have time to come run here...and their rules have been proven to not be an advantage.

That is a great decision from CBS. Why because STS, Texana and SOS are already allowing that. The last 3 years the shootout has prooven that these rules as long as they are not mixed work very well together. This should apply to the kileen cars as well. I noticed the two that had been running were not there and maybe it was due to them having to change tires, maybe not.

just fyi

Jimmy

I want them to run....you also forgot engine placement (unless it changed) I think they have to be 1 inch ahead of the upper balljoint.

It only makes sense to allow SOS to run...they are the only track around the same size (so no gear change) and they dont run every week...so they have time to come run here...and their rules have been proven to not be an advantage.

You are right about engine location, I overlooked that rule. I hope all our street stock agree to let SOS cars run by there rules it will be a help on car count.

Jimmy

Archived