All classes with be subject to Tech starting this week

xmod97

LMAO Joe!

Really great way of breaking it down B) I just had to chirp in and state that Asphalt tracks do work with other tracks, we call them 'Sister' tracks. :D This year I believe SAS, CCS & CTS are working together on rules, allowing 'Asphalt' drivers to run at other tracks as well. Ex; HMP, THR, RRS & CC hosted Texas Super Racing Series up until last year. TSRS was a touring Late Model (Asphalt) series successfully ran for years by MAN Racing Promotions. (so there has to be more than one) LOL I agree about the loyalty thing though, see I couldn't resist clearing that up. OK continue about the rules and racing he he Thanks C :ph34r: I do not know the details, however I do know they tried to get IMCA sanctioning and were denied.(Do not know why, don't think it has to do w/distance) I assume since CB is using IMCA rules EXACTLY, but w/o the stickers, they might be in the process to be sanctioned next year or just allowing for a larger car count. I do not represent the track and this is fact, not hearsay. See y'all there!

Sooo. How is the pr/marketing job going for you at tts.

? $.......

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Facts or not I think those kind of remarks should be left for CBS officials to be stating not what has been heard or information handed down. I think CBS has alot of time, money and hard work invested including from those that have consulted with them when asked such as myself and many others. To set the record straight CBS has never been denied anything from IMCA nor are they using IMCA rules EXACTLY. Due to CBS officials are hard at work getting ready for a race they ask me to post this on behalf of them.

On a personal note I will say I have to deal with alot of tracks in this area and have delt with a mess of em across Tx over the years. CBS ranks as high as any other track in my book on their total package. From day one Danny has had a plan and it has gone fwd without taking a step back. All of their decisions are based on the bigger picture. That doesnt neccessarily mean they will copy what others have been doing in this area. Their goals are to be a top notch facility for fans. racers and a place people are proud to take their family too. Keep in mind they are merely taking their first baby steps in this new venture so before we cast a stone, pass along what you heard or develop an opinion of them lets give them the benefit of the doubt to learn and see what happens.

I agree 100% that the track should be the one making remarks/statements concerning rules, procedures..Hell anything to do with the track. That is why early in the week I possed several questions regarding line ups, transponders and some thoughts on several other topics. These are yet to be addressed by anyone from the track.I will sit back and see how things shape up the next 4 months or so while running at tts.

Joe

So when you say you have asked several questions without a response, how were these questions addressed? Lonestar speedzone? Facebook? Or did you actually call the tech man, or track owner. I'm pretty sure their emails are also available in the contact us section on their website.

On lssz, these were questions several people had so I was hoping for a public announcement.

This is all covered in the General Rules:

Feature Line-up:

Top three rows subject to possibly invert start based on pill draw by a fan after all heat races are completed.

One draw affects all feature races (Track Optional)

Start feature based on heat and B-main finishes

Transponders:

Required All Classes, Must be a Westhold transponder, if you do not have one you can rent one from track for

$10.00 per night. (AMB transponders do not work for our system). Must be mounted by rear axel.

2013 RACEceivers Or Scanner Are Mandatory In All Classes

NOTE: All cars, all classes must have Cottonbowl Speedway approved UNALTERED mufflers and

meet the 98DB noise reduction rule.

If you have questions email: rules@cottonbowlspeedway.com

Ok thanks, I will keep all comments positive, there is a reason dirt tracks dont invert like that. I can sandbag and guarantee no worse than a fourth place start in the feature. As far as the transponders all other tracks say behind steering box, so I would have to re mount mine for one track. I was more asking about why I couldn't see results @westholdtiming.com. good luck this year to the track and all the racers.

How hard is this people? No stickers required on a arms, wheels, spindles etc. Imca rules for the car though, headers, intakes, carbs,transmissions, body's, shocks etc. Its not rocket science.

LMAO Joe!

Really great way of breaking it down B) I just had to chirp in and state that Asphalt tracks do work with other tracks, we call them 'Sister' tracks. :D This year I believe SAS, CCS & CTS are working together on rules, allowing 'Asphalt' drivers to run at other tracks as well. Ex; HMP, THR, RRS & CC hosted Texas Super Racing Series up until last year. TSRS was a touring Late Model (Asphalt) series successfully ran for years by MAN Racing Promotions. (so there has to be more than one) LOL I agree about the loyalty thing though, see I couldn't resist clearing that up. OK continue about the rules and racing he he Thanks C :ph34r: I do not know the details, however I do know they tried to get IMCA sanctioning and were denied.(Do not know why, don't think it has to do w/distance) I assume since CB is using IMCA rules EXACTLY, but w/o the stickers, they might be in the process to be sanctioned next year or just allowing for a larger car count. I do not represent the track and this is fact, not hearsay. See y'all there!

The comments about asphalt were made by me not Joe. Also, they were not a bash on asphalt in anyway. Trust me, I grew up at Thunder Hill Raceway and traveling to CC and SAS when my Dad raced asphalt modifieds (TAMs which was a touring series) I know how asphalt works. But in all honety when we stepped away from racing for 3 or 4 years and got back into it the reason we went to dirt was because our super stock was never legal at more than THR and the car counts/touring series were dwindling. IMCA is a great thing, it is the oldest sanctioning body in the US and has the strongest car count in the nation. I was simply stating that this track is doing a good thing by following their rules and that only recently have the asphalt tracks come up with rules where the "regular" classes, not touring series can do some traveling. I think it is a great thing and in no way was bashing asphalt tracks or asphalt guys coming to dirt.

Well,, how was tech this week?? What was teched? How bout next weekend, what all is being checked? How bout pulling distributor check for roller motors, pull valve covers check for stud girdles,, easy test to make sure everyone has rev chips in and are working.

Well,, how was tech this week?? What was teched? How bout next weekend, what all is being checked? How bout pulling distributor check for roller motors, pull valve covers check for stud girdles,, easy test to make sure everyone has rev chips in and are working.

hopefully they check more in pure stock next week like original firewall in stock position,the rules also say no gutting of steel interior except for hood and trunk,no window spoilers,no working hood scoops etc. this is the easy stuff to check. the tech guy just needs to read the rules. I know the car that has won the last three weeks is breaking some of the rules.

hopefully they check more in pure stock next week like original firewall in stock position,the rules also say no gutting of steel interior except for hood and trunk,no window spoilers,no working hood scoops etc. this is the easy stuff to check. the tech guy just needs to read the rules. I know the car that has won the last three weeks is breaking some of the rules.

A fire wall and and hood scoop make a car faster. If you gut a car, does that increase HP? As long as the car meets weight you should be able to cut what ever IMHO.

A fire wall and and hood scoop make a car faster. If you gut a car, does that increase HP? As long as the car meets weight you should be able to cut what ever IMHO.

it does allow you to get the car under weight and add weight where it makes handling better. they wrote the rules follow them. if you want to be able to make all the modifications to the car then run the car in a class that allows that. read the first paragraph under the pure stock rules...

So are you admitting your car doesn't meet the rules? I may be mistaken but aren't you the promoter? If I'm wrong I apologize. This is not starting out well.

it does allow you to get the car under weight and add weight where it makes handling better. they wrote the rules follow them. if you want to be able to make all the modifications to the car then run the car in a class that allows that. read the first paragraph under the pure stock rules...

Understood.

So are you admitting your car doesn't meet the rules? I may be mistaken but aren't you the promoter? If I'm wrong I apologize. This is not starting out well.

In no way, shape or form am I a promoter. Lol. Just a fan. Its all good no harm no foul.

Marshall...I know you have to stick up for family. But...his car should be more than 100% legal. He is the promoter. He should set an example. Right now the example is that you dont have to follow the rules.... the rules do state you must have a stock firewall in original position. and no working hood scoops....also..I am pretty sure there is a rule of no bars outside the body behind the rear tires (all pure stock rules)

If we dont have to follow the rules...dont put them in the rules....

I also think if he wants to run...then the other drivers in the top 5 should be allowed to be present during tech of his car.

Just for sake of making for a level playing field. He is paying the tech guy after all (not saying that is effecting his judgment)

Just like I heard from several different people that he crossed the scales at 3460....40 # under the 3500 min. for cars with headers. I dont know if this is true...I was not there....but...if the other drivers were allowed to watch his tech...then you could stop alot of rumors and upset people before the problem gets out of hand.

Just saying...

im surprised anyone was under weight. Those scales were at least 70lbs on the heavy from our 2 sets of scales

Limiteds got a quick run around at tires and something else under the rear while scaling and measured valve spring, got a look under the valve cover but didnt do anything else

As i am one for everyone being legal, its impossible to blow through the rule book in the tech area. Checking one or two different things a night, itll keep everyone in check and not waste an hour on 3 cars.

I think it was a pretty nice place and excited to run there a lot more in 2013

im surprised anyone was under weight. Those scales were at least 70lbs on the heavy from our 2 sets of scales

Limiteds got a quick run around at tires and something else under the rear while scaling and measured valve spring, got a look under the valve cover but didnt do anything else

As i am one for everyone being legal, its impossible to blow through the rule book in the tech area. Checking one or two different things a night, itll keep everyone in check and not waste an hour on 3 cars.

lol..I was wondering if my car was getting heavier every week or not...

Also...I did NOT say he was light....I am just showing the power of rumors...(and that is just the last one I heard saturday)

I also agree the tech was good...check a few things every week...and Jimmy seemed to do a good job...from what I heard...I did not get to see first hand (hopefully I will this week)

and I also agree...I have had fun every week...and I believe most of the problems the track is having is just growing pains..and i do believe they will be worked out in time....

I think its a great place too. a great facility,nice track and love the family atmosphere in the pits. We are looking forward to many more Saturday nights there.

So what is the tire rule for street stocks. I know what the rules say. But ¿¿

I know the two SOS cars had illegal tires...but...I personally think allowing them to run here on their off weeks is a good idea. The shootout has proven they do not have an advantage. I do think it should have been explained in the drivers meeting.... but...for the record...they were told they could not come back (at least with those tires on a non shootout night)

I think the more we have the better off the class is in the long run. But I do understand it is confusing.

just fyi

btw, all these posts are from AJ

Brenda is smarter than me and knows it always pays to keep your opinions to yourself...lol

One last thing...I always push the rules...but never intentionally break the rules....I have mis-read rules on occasion...but I have never cheated just to cheat. And..I will leave this topic with an open invitation...anyone is welcome to come look at any of my cars and i will tell you the truth about any part on the car...and answer any question you have as truthfully as I can. AJ

Archived