CTS-General Manager

JimHubbard

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself and Central Texas Speedway.

My name is Jim Hubbard and I am the GM for CTS Racing Events. My partner, Lynn Phillips is the GM for all other events.

I have 3 simple objectives: Deliver Value to the Community, Deliver Value to the Fans and Deliver Value to the Race Teams.

I sincerely believe that we will exceed everyone’s expectations with respect to these goals.

We believe partnering is the most efficient channel to achieving mutually beneficial objectives. Accordingly, we have been focused on picking community partners that will help us deliver. Here are just a few and we have many more in the works: Budweiser, Facility Sponsor and Promotional Partner. Clear Channel Radio, KVET, CASE and XYZ: Event Sponsor , Promotional Partner. Nutty Brown’s Café, Event Promoter Music Production and Promotional Partner. TX Beach Volleyball Association, Event Sponsor, Promotional Partner. Matt Lucky of Stubbs, Lucky Lounge and Start Bar Event Promoter. Ticketfly, Event Promoter, Promotional Partner. LSSZ, Promotional Partner. We are in the discussions with a major soft drink company who will also become a promoter and sponsor. The combined efforts of these partners will assure a sellout crowd for each event.

As well, we have several businesses that are coming on board at various levels as sponsors. Resources from these partners will help with continued facility upgrades and increased payouts.

FM 158 Land, AM Enterprises and BBVA Compass Bank: Facility capital improvement partners. We will have spent over $500k in improvements before the 1st race on April 5th.

Music Production: Mike Farr of Nutty Brown’s café, Matt Luckie of Stubbs, ACL

Together, we will deliver sellout crowds who will cheer on the drivers and the bands.

Now with that said, we start forming partnerships with all of you.

We have established rules that are intended to allow you to race CTS, HMP and SAS w/o additional costs.

We are treating the CTS track surface to assure two equally fast racing lanes.

We have established purses that guarantee a base payout for each driver.

We have assembled a stellar Event staff that will provide safe and fair racing.

Most importantly, we will be delivering a capacity crowd for each event. We expect 800-1200 Friday night and 3000+ Saturday nights.

And when the racing is over, we will entertain you with some of the finest music artists from Central Texas.

In closing, I want to thank those of you who are posting on various forums, social media outlets, and those reaching out to talk to us. We are listening. I have personally read thousands of posts on this forum and others and made the committment last week to bring back the Sport Mods and Bandoleros based on your feedback. Also, in response to multiple driver requests, I have reached out to both HMP and SAS to develop uniform operational practices between the three tracks. It is my goal to solidify positive working relationships with them to deliver the best events for our drivers and fans at all three venues. With everyone working together, we can achieve car counts that make for exciting racing, more fans in the stands, and bigger purse payouts.

For several months, our team of Officials and Event Staff have been working hard to develop the most comprehensive racing and music events in Central Texas and we hope that each of you decides to join us. We have made numerous improvements in many areas of the facility as well and I know you will be pleased with the results. I would like to invite you to visit our website (www.centexspeedway.com) to see the improvements, register your car, reserve your pit space, and more. I truly look forward to meeting each of you at the season opening racedays on April 5th and 6th. Let's go racing!!

Sincerely,

Jim Hubbard

General Manager

Central Texas Speedway

"Home of Fast Cars and Hot Guitars"

This is a good man here guys, great values and business sense and ready to be a vital part of our Texas racing scene. I know Jim will do great work.

I ask you all give him a fair shot at the job he intends to do.

Now with all that being said..... Lets get ready for some racin friends!!!!!

I have not been able to catch any events at CTS (prior) or HMS because of my busy schedule - the usual venues and "normalcy" in promotion make it hard to prioritize small track racing ahead of my many other obligations.

However - the entertainment package at CTS as planned is well beyond the "norm" for what we are used to seeing - because of that, I have worked diligently on my schedule AND responsibilities to make SURE to be there opening weekend. Thanks Jim - you have put together what seems to be an exemplary example of promoting our favorite sport!

See ya'll in April!

...............We are treating the CTS track surface to assure two equally fast racing lanes.

We have established purses that guarantee a base payout for each driver.....................

Out of this whole announcement, these 2 things will have the greatest impact. Of course I realize many of the other things are needed to accomplish these 2.

If they can make that track a two groove track the racing should be outstanding.Should cut down on accidents too.As a fan that is the biggest difference between asphalt and dirt.Dirt is multi-groove(at least as STS) where asphalt seems to be one groove.If CTS can do that the racing would be hard to beat!

I met Jim and Lynn at the track last Thursday. They were hard at work to give everyone a great venue in the central Texas area for racing and music. They were extremly nice and willing to help in any way with our Bandolero program. We look forward to racing at CTS this year! Thanks for a great place to race!

Archived