CTS Late Model Rules

It was a nice gesture on the part of CTS to allow the Limited LM cars (former Nascar LMS cars; TSRS cars) to run with the more advanced 2750 lbs Pro Late Models. However, instead of giving weight breaks for the Limited LM cars, the CTS rules have imposed 225 lbs of penalties (100 lbs for non-ABC body; 125 lbs for steel head 2-bbl engine). Effectively, it will not be possible for any Limited LM cars to compete for an up-front finishing position.

I agree that the weight penalty seems excessive, but why don't you put 10" tires on it and go see. That's still less than you had to weigh with TSRS isn't it? And, you will have at least 100 more hp than the crates. If the LMS and TSRS cars all run at the back you will have a good arguement for changing the penalties.

Cory, Don't you remember how bad ass those TSRS cars were?

Oh I do. And Im fairly confident that the best (legal) TSRS motors cant compete with the 604 motors out there especially with a weight penalty. A 475 hp (approx) 2bbl motor against a 500+ hp 604 is a no brainer. And then add on top of that the two different suspension and steering types. landslide.

I do believe there are a few TSRS cars that will be able to run with them. But a penalty on them is gonna do nothing but run them off. Im kinda curious if that is the idea. :ph34r:

Oh I do. And Im fairly confident that the best (legal) TSRS motors cant compete with the 604 motors out there especially with a weight penalty. A 475 hp (approx) 2bbl motor against a 500+ hp 604 is a no brainer. And then add on top of that the two different suspension and steering types. landslide.

I do believe there are a few TSRS cars that will be able to run with them. But a penalty on them is gonna do nothing but run them off. Im kinda curious if that is the idea. :ph34r:

I cant speak for what thier idea was and at the risk of starting an argument I dont really want, I'll speculate what the thought might have been. I think the TSRS cars are extreamly outdated and should have gone away along time ago. The fact they could only run at one track contests to that and more than likely promoted to the dimise of late model racing in texas.Tracks reopened with rules like the entire rest of the country are using( for the most part) and have brought the class back up to date. CTS also wanted to adopt the rules so cars from other tracks could race there as well. Also I think it was a nice gesture for them to allow these obsoulete cars(TSRS) to race(note it will help thier car count as well) and not make these 15k+ cars worthless junk overnight. And speculating again...if you let them race and give them breaks to be competitive what incentive do they have to update thier cars to what everyone else is running.None. Atleast they went to the effort of giving you a place to run them untill you can update. If I was them I might have noted that those allowances were for 2013 and could be disallowed for 2014. Once again I'm not taking side but those directly involved sometimes cant see what the future really needs cause its at thier expense...just like my thunderstock was for me. P.S please dont place a bomb under my car.

I think someone needs to go test on one of the test days with a tsrs car that was a front running car and make an informed decision from facts not speculation. What kind of times did tsrs run on the f53? I think there was a few in the 15.20 range maybe faster but I can't remember.

I think someone needs to go test on one of the test days with a tsrs car that was a front running car and make an informed decision from facts not speculation. What kind of times did tsrs run on the f53? I think there was a few in the 15.20 range maybe faster but I can't remember.
I think the fast time was 15.20, maybe a bit faster. I ran a 15.50 on them. That was on 8" tires, now will be 10".

I cant speak for what thier idea was and at the risk of starting an argument I dont really want, I'll speculate what the thought might have been. I think the TSRS cars are extreamly outdated and should have gone away along time ago. The fact they could only run at one track contests to that and more than likely promoted to the dimise of late model racing in texas.Tracks reopened with rules like the entire rest of the country are using( for the most part) and have brought the class back up to date. CTS also wanted to adopt the rules so cars from other tracks could race there as well. Also I think it was a nice gesture for them to allow these obsoulete cars(TSRS) to race(note it will help thier car count as well) and not make these 15k+ cars worthless junk overnight. And speculating again...if you let them race and give them breaks to be competitive what incentive do they have to update thier cars to what everyone else is running.None. Atleast they went to the effort of giving you a place to run them untill you can update. If I was them I might have noted that those allowances were for 2013 and could be disallowed for 2014. Once again I'm not taking side but those directly involved sometimes cant see what the future really needs cause its at thier expense...just like my thunderstock was for me. P.S please dont place a bomb under my car.

What makes a TSRS car (camaro clip) obsolete? The big chassis builders still sell them. By your standards, a year ago, pro late models were obsolete. NO tracks in Texas ran them until SAS reopened. They were a no show to THR and a no show for HMP. Also, the "nice" gesture is from CC Speedway. I think CTS realized they were not going to get enough pro lates so they combined.

What makes a TSRS car (camaro clip) obsolete? The big chassis builders still sell them. By your standards, a year ago, pro late models were obsolete. NO tracks in Texas ran them until SAS reopened. They were a no show to THR and a no show for HMP. Also, the "nice" gesture is from CC Speedway. I think CTS realized they were not going to get enough pro lates so they combined.

Like I said, it was my opinion, your entitled to yours. I should know by now not to post anything on here. Good luck on your season

Like I said, it was my opinion, your entitled to yours. I should know by now not to post anything on here. Good luck on your season

if you want to just post without a countering point of view, then sorry. Your "opinion" has negative effects on some people, so expect retort.

I didnt know my "opinion" carried so much weight within the racing community. I think its great they are running them together which I thought was my point. As far as your counter about the pro lates not showing at THR its probably because they couldnt run there, I know because I tried on several occasions. I was trying to show I supported CTS decision to allow tsrs to run this year, but now that I think about it, maybe it is time to just make the change like SAS did.

I didnt know my "opinion" carried so much weight within the racing community. I think its great they are running them together which I thought was my point. As far as your counter about the pro lates not showing at THR its probably because they couldnt run there, I know because I tried on several occasions. I was trying to show I supported CTS decision to allow tsrs to run this year, but now that I think about it, maybe it is time to just make the change like SAS did.

First, it doesn't, but nor does mine. Second, they DID run them at THR. I had one. I was 1 or 4 that showed, so they dropped them. So you kind of don't know. CTS did "make the change", thought better of it, and decided to combine. As far as SAS goes, they will draw enough pros to get a field together, including mine.

Archived