MAN Racing Promotions terminates Thunderhill Raceway lease

debwill

I haven't confirmed it with Mary Ann yet, but I feel sure she will still plan to have a banquet. Please give her some time to adjust to this change, and then I'm sure you'll hear more about the banquet.

I certainly understand where she is coming from. In the 30 + years I have been racing I have heard many racers say they weren't coming back to a track, they were just going to race somewhere else. Now I am wondering if I may end up being one of those racers...

Over the past few year I havent been able to race much and when I have been most of it has been on the dirt tracks. But every time I got a chance to go back to THR I did, and when I did Mary Ann and her great staff made me feel like I was back at home. Even if the track does continue to stay open it wont feel like home anymore. I'm going to miss home :(

just as an outsider and knowing the hard work mary ann and h put into this track ..built it into a first class race track . i could not help but wonder the same ..we dont know details but really do we need to ..no .......wont be the same .and have no plans to attend now ...as for the racers who still want to race there ..i wish you good luck...

Mary Ann and H....thank you for all the year and hard work yall have put into thunderhill...it sure is not going to be the same now...i know my dad is rolling in his grave right now ...i am sure yall well back into racing and promoting ....Longhorn is right around the corner...it would be nice to see it open again just like sas...thank you and God bless..

Colgate, I second that. We want to thank Maryann and H for the wonderful years dedicated to Texas Racing. Longhorn is still there and sitting Idle. Why not open. Love you guys.

If we just give support to all the tracks that are open including THR we we probably wouldn't be in this situation. I don't know how many people Ive heard that said " I'm not coming back to THR next year" for some lame reason.

Agreed.

well,i'm one of 'those guys'... and alot of you posting on here are to. maryann, i've always had the utmost respect and admiration for you. you've been a very good friend. any of 'my' issues between the track and myself i've tryed to leave as just that. NOT between me and you. i know this is gonna be something hard to deal with, but you will and you will prosper from it and someday look back and say 'damn,,,why didn't i do this sooner'. i know you will. ...and i'll see ya there.

I am still stunned by the news some 24 hours later. Mary Ann and H have put there heart and souls into that track for us to have fun on. "Our Play ground" We may not win all the time we may not finish all the time but we show up because it is our play ground and Mary Ann and the staff make my family feel like we belong. They made us feel welcome. I am a firm believer that you are not judged at the end of the day about how many nickels you have, but how you treat your neighbor your fellow man. Mary and H have always treated Jake and my family like there own family no matter if I was in the principles office or not. ... Racing has always been the most important thing in my family, its not a hobby to us its a way of life. Fortunalty for us we have some options to go racing ... MA, H, I send my love to you and many many thanks for everything you have done for Jake.

While I understand that there are strong feelings about this announcement, this thread should not be turned into a bash session.

I am going back through this thread to edit out the more negative comments. Attacking Mr. Self does no one any good.

Thanks for your understanding.

Nick

Archived