Shootout

JohnnyT66

I withdrew the Question and said never mind,. But if some folks feel that the count is good,. YOUR DREAMING,...ITS GROWING??,. Still only see about 10 finish,..Last show there was like 8 coming that did not race here,. i guess without those 8, there would have been 3 cars then,..Ray D has the right ideal,. but there are those that will NOT race there if they see a different set up,. GOOD LUCK, And i think its funny how some with no clue about cars, but has FRIENDS, jumps in and says what they think should be done,. I stated i wished for a GREAT CAR COUNT so I37 could make money,. Hope 20 cars pull thru the gate in MODS on that BIG SHOW,.....Frank t

I wish for a great car count also, but with two races the same weekend, Ive seen the details for Boyd that weekend, I'm still waiting on all the details for this race. Once I've weighed everything out the travel time is close to the same for me. So the sooner the better on details for me.

Thanks

Mike

Hey Darin, If you want your car to be competitive just let Cody drive it. LOL

That's just wrong in so many ways.....lol

Last show there was like 8 coming that did not race here,. i guess without those 8, there would have been 3 cars then,

...and all 5 of those were IMCA cars....Which makes the point...

Back when you and Joe had the track there were what, two or three other tracks running outlaw Mods, so there were cars to draw from....You no longer have that option in south Texas....

I really don't get the problem. The only advantage to the QC is that it only costs $50 to get the gear ratio right for the track you are running. If you have a 9" with the wrong gear, you're probably still going to get beat by the guy that shows up with a 9" with the right gear.

Besides, the guy with the QC is carrying more unsprung weight and is using more HP. I've yet to see the QC being the determining factor in a win between 2 cars, 1 with a QC and 1 with a 9", that are geared the same. Or do you just want a lower car count? Even if you only get 1 more car, as someone mentioned, that's still 1 more car.

TOTALY AGREE WITH THAT, i'VE ALWAYS WONDERED WHAT THE BIG DEAL WAS WITH ONE VS. THE OTHER... tHE ONLY ADVANTAGE I HAVE EVER SEEN IS BEING ABLE TO GO TO ANOTHER SIZE TRACK OR TACKY VS. SLICK .

I guess all of the good drivers are gone that would race anything anywhere and hope you brought a big enough gun to the fight. It doesn't always take the equipment you guys are complaining about to win. I have seen it before. There was videos even with sprints, mods and old coops running together at boothill and the coops were running good. Be happy that you get additional cars and not have just an 8 cars class or less.

I withdrew the Question and said never mind,. But if some folks feel that the count is good,. YOUR DREAMING,...ITS GROWING??,. Still only see about 10 finish,..Last show there was like 8 coming that did not race here,. i guess without those 8, there would have been 3 cars then,..Ray D has the right ideal,. but there are those that will NOT race there if they see a different set up,. GOOD LUCK, And i think its funny how some with no clue about cars, but has FRIENDS, jumps in and says what they think should be done,. I stated i wished for a GREAT CAR COUNT so I37 could make money,. Hope 20 cars pull thru the gate in MODS on that BIG SHOW,.....Frank t

Frank, with all do respect, if you are referring to cassie in your post, your wrong. If you've ever spoke to her or seen her at the track, you'd know she's been around racing and i37 for a while. Because someone is not a driver or owner doesn't mean they are not qualified to have a valid opinion.

I just want to race....LMAO...no motor...I can add a car if someone would like to help us out....LMAO...I dont get on here much because Im still the new guy at our track and have alot to learn to be able to say anything about car counts and rules and what have ya since we blew up and cant even race...but...I would like to say that there will always be 2 sides to every ones opinion...theirs and everyone elses....I think we all need to look at the basics of why we do what we do...because we love to race...The problem is that every track seems to make their own rules when certain classes have a standard rule and then change once everyone has conformed to meet them...car count goes up until they change the rules for the big show and then drivers dont show because of the changes.... IMCA is IMCA...LLM is LLM considering the only tracks that run our cars are only I37 and corpus....and our rules are identical....but if we are an IMCA track we shouldnt even be thinking about changing the rules...If we were USMTS then those rules apply...and so on... my retarded point here is nothing should ever change...I personally think a tire change has more affect than a QC...although we also won our first feature last year with a stock 305...thank god the car handles great...and dont think bigger power will prevail on our track to our hometown drivers..does a spoiler on our track really make a difference? I dont know..but if we want a big show to bring other cars down then invite the entire class that will allow those cars and make it their own show at our track...EX..if we open our IMCA legal mod class to run qc and wings..then just ask to have the USMTS come down and put on a show and keep our classes the same.. Now..Im not IMCA so Im probly way off and am open to some telling me im wrong... I do think there is a solution...a drivers meeting prior to the start of the season so that we can get all the questions asked and that puts pressure on the track to keep things straight and pressure on the drivers to keep things straight. Now if I am way off here.. please be gentle on telling me to AT EASE!!! LMAO

Archived