Shootout

JohnnyT66

From What I've heard, Killeen, Waco, Kennadale, and Abilene are sticking with IMCA rules for their special end of the year shows, I37 should do the same in my opinion, depending on the format (entry fee, pit pass, and travel expences) weather more out of town cars will show up. Make the fees resonable and the cars will show up.

did that quick change beat you last year because of the Q,C.??Nearly all end of year shows open up rules to bring in a bigger car count,...Agree??,. Waco will have like 40,...Or is 15 to 20 all thats wanted,??,. Just Wondering??, Darin, do you remember the Turkey Shoot out Mod count??,frank t

Go for it and see what you get. I'll take my IMCA car to IMCA shows. Thats what I did last year Frank, went to KSP instead of the shootout. I also ran Waco that did not allow QC. They allowed a spoiler and aluminum heads with a 50lb penalty. This year we plan to make KSP, Killeen and Waco. I-37 if the rules are right.

So if you allow the QC, what else is allowed?

I really don't get the problem. The only advantage to the QC is that it only costs $50 to get the gear ratio right for the track you are running. If you have a 9" with the wrong gear, you're probably still going to get beat by the guy that shows up with a 9" with the right gear.

Besides, the guy with the QC is carrying more unsprung weight and is using more HP. I've yet to see the QC being the determining factor in a win between 2 cars, 1 with a QC and 1 with a 9", that are geared the same. Or do you just want a lower car count? Even if you only get 1 more car, as someone mentioned, that's still 1 more car.

did that quick change beat you last year because of the Q,C.??Nearly all end of year shows open up rules to bring in a bigger car count,...Agree??,. Waco will have like 40,...Or is 15 to 20 all thats wanted,??,. Just Wondering??, Darin, do you remember the Turkey Shoot out Mod count??,frank t

Go for it and see what you get. I'll take my IMCA car to IMCA shows. Thats what I did last year Frank, went to KSP instead of the shootout. I also ran Waco that did not allow QC. They allowed a spoiler and aluminum heads with a 50lb penalty. This year we plan to make KSP, Killeen and Waco. I-37 if the rules are right.

AGREED!!!!!!!!!

we watched that waco race last year and there was quick changes but it was imca cars that ran up front,and reb i really dought any imca cars stayed away because a qc car was there also the car that won 37 last year would have won with a 9 inch

Last year there was still a handful of Q/C cars running Goliad.....and the track got one.....

How many IMCA stayed away because of the Q/C's?.....My guess is more than one....

Big Mike hit the nail on the head....

If they stayed away because of that....there their not much of a racer.... I travel to run big year end shows for a challenge.... guess racers today only like to shoot fish in a barrel...what a sad state racing is in.... AJ

If they stayed away because of that....there their not much of a racer.... I travel to run big year end shows for a challenge.... guess racers today only like to shoot fish in a barrel...what a sad state racing is in.... AJ

no AJ, its a we supported your track all year long, so for the big races your gona open up the rules and allow guys who haven't put a dime into the track come and race with us? Anderson was bad fast last year, hell of a nice guy, but how many pit passes did he buy through out the year, hot dogs, how about extra fans in the stands? Thats what the question is, we support our local tracks week end and week out then the big money shows the outlaw guys get allowed in and welcomed like they were there every week and spent money there, I did race the shoot out last year, but I will personally not support a track that does not support the weekly racers back, so I would say that equates to 3-4 mods that won't be coming down if they allow it, Just my Opinion as you have yours...

no AJ, its a we supported your track all year long, so for the big races your gona open up the rules and allow guys who haven't put a dime into the track come and race with us? Anderson was bad fast last year, hell of a nice guy, but how many pit passes did he buy through out the year, hot dogs, how about extra fans in the stands? Thats what the question is, we support our local tracks week end and week out then the big money shows the outlaw guys get allowed in and welcomed like they were there every week and spent money there, I did race the shoot out last year, but I will personally not support a track that does not support the weekly racers back, so I would say that equates to 3-4 mods that won't be coming down if they allow it, Just my Opinion as you have yours...

will you run hot? or killeen....

cause then you are doing just what you said you would not.....I raced both of those tracks last year....they opened up their rules to allow more cars and I went there and raced...having not spent a penny there all year.

Sure..I am talking about street stocks....but..since there were 60 street stocks at hot....I have a hard time seeing your side as correct. The year end shows are not to show support to the local racers....thats what a point fund is for.

Year end shows are to get new racers to a track...people who might decide they like what they see and return again....and to give the FANS (the people who really make this sport possible) a good show....not the normal 10 car feature race they have seen all year...

Of course there are quite a few racers with the mentality that the track owes them something, that is a big reason racing is dying.... sure we are allowed our own opinion...but it would be nice to see someone have an opinion that is positive and helps the sport... Big shows should have lots of cars...lots of new cars....big deal if you dont win the big show in your own back yard... a big show should give a lasting impression to the fan in the stands...to insure they return after the offseason. Besides...doing good as the underdog is just as much fun as winning...trust me... I still think about how I finished 2nd against 60 cars in an open competition (run what you brung) race with a 305... AJ

will you run hot? or killeen....

cause then you are doing just what you said you would not.....I raced both of those tracks last year....they opened up their rules to allow more cars and I went there and raced...having not spent a penny there all year.

Sure..I am talking about street stocks....but..since there were 60 street stocks at hot....I have a hard time seeing your side as correct. The year end shows are not to show support to the local racers....thats what a point fund is for.

Year end shows are to get new racers to a track...people who might decide they like what they see and return again....and to give the FANS (the people who really make this sport possible) a good show....not the normal 10 car feature race they have seen all year...

Of course there are quite a few racers with the mentality that the track owes them something, that is a big reason racing is dying.... sure we are allowed our own opinion...but it would be nice to see someone have an opinion that is positive and helps the sport... Big shows should have lots of cars...lots of new cars....big deal if you dont win the big show in your own back yard... a big show should give a lasting impression to the fan in the stands...to insure they return after the offseason. Besides...doing good as the underdog is just as much fun as winning...trust me... I still think about how I finished 2nd against 60 cars in an open competition (run what you brung) race with a 305... AJ

well said thats what i was thinking when reading this.

What I've been told is Waco and Killeen are sticking with the imca rules, if they don't then I'm staying home and saving my money and car for Vegas in November. I'm all about promoting racing, but how many of the new outlaw cars that show up are going to say "wow. That track was great. I'm going to go home, remove my spoiler, pull out my roller motor, change my transmission, get g-60 tires, change my sail panels, install a nine inch, change my shocks so I can race there every week?" If that's your argument then good luck.

Joe

We were going to race a mod that Johnny was getting in the show,. But we will withdraw the Question,.It can sit...I think we have supported I37 as well as anyone there!!,. But i do know what brought in over 100 cars in 3 classes,. It takes working TOGETHER, Something that is really lacking at I37 it seems amoung drivers,. Complain over a rear end, and boycott if a Sport Mod runs against them,.I would hope that we all wish I37 a great car count at that race, and make LOTS of MONEY,. It keeps the place open,. But a field like last years MOD count is a joke,....NOT I37s fault really, They hear the crying,... And listen to some that are way off,...WE will be there.. Just NOT in MODS....Frank T

Frank, It doesn't matter to me what rule package they go with. It would be nice if it's IMCA so I don't have to travel like I did last year. We decide each year where we are going to run for big shows based on what rules package fits our car. Not real hard to do with an IMCA mod, think that was why I bought one. Right now it's 85 speedway Sept 30th for the last lone star race, KSP the next weekend, I-37 shootout??? or Boyd Oct 12-13 and Killeen Nov 1-2. Can't make HOT or Abilene due to other family plans. Last years mod count was a joke as you stated. The only cars in south and central Texas to draw are IMCA legal. The old outlaws are gone and the new are USMTS. The two dont compare at all. Sorry but I'm not the one crying, I'll just run where my car is competitive. Sticking with the same rules package also helps with the car count going up. At one point this season there was talk of dropping the mods next year, not any more.

Frank, It doesn't matter to me what rule package they go with. It would be nice if it's IMCA so I don't have to travel like I did last year. We decide each year where we are going to run for big shows based on what rules package fits our car. Not real hard to do with an IMCA mod, think that was why I bought one. Right now it's 85 speedway Sept 30th for the last lone star race, KSP the next weekend, I-37 shootout??? or Boyd Oct 12-13 and Killeen Nov 1-2. Can't make HOT or Abilene due to other family plans. Last years mod count was a joke as you stated. The only cars in south and central Texas to draw are IMCA legal. The old outlaws are gone and the new are USMTS. The two dont compare at all. Sorry but I'm not the one crying, I'll just run where my car is competitive. Sticking with the same rules package also helps with the car count going up. At one point this season there was talk of dropping the mods next year, not any more.

last year there was 4 cars there that was not imca legal with out them there was what 8 cars let them run or not its dont matter we can wait for houston in nov.

All this talk about outlaw Mods....LMAO....How long did they last at I-37?.....LMAO

We have this same argument every year.....and not just about I-37 either....LMAO....Sounds like Waco heard the masses....

It's funny(peculiar, not haha) that people will complain that the track doesn't take care of its regulars.....Yet change their song when it fits their own agenda.......LMAO

Where's that "drama" TV show they were advertising when we need it......LMAO

Here's my 2 cents.... the modified car count has gone up and will continue to raise..... the rules are good the way they are... don't change them just for one race. If they want to run here, they will need to make the changes, as we all do to race elsewhere.

Why "screw" the regulars, who have been here all year long and support the track... Joe/Mike make a good point.

Archived