SAS Thunders/RR/Purestocks

J-III

All,

I have been following the posts about the possibility of this class running at Octoberfast when SAS reopens later this year. (For the purpose of this post lets just assume that the track will open.) I had the chance to meet today with one of the members of Unique Track Solutions. I asked what it would take to get this class of cars on the schedule and the answer was simple, a commitment of 20 cars. I know that there have been lists made on this forum with people posting their interest, but I think in order to add this class to the schedule it will need to be something more informative. I am going to put together a list of all drivers that are interested in running this class in October. I understand and agree that some driver's decisions will be based on the rules for the class. When I brought this up, the answer was basically that a rules package will be put together for the class that will attempt to allow as many similar style cars to compete in the class similar to the way that the rules for the other classes were put together. - Please do not turn this into a debate on rules, I am simply putting together a list for car count -

If interested in being placed on the list please provide the following information by replying to this post, sending me a pm or emailing me at jeichelb27@yahoo.com and provide the following information:

Driver Name and Car Number

Phone number and/or Email

Class/Track Your Car is From

Level of interest: Committed, Interested/Likely or Long Shot

Once I get a list compiled I will forward to Unique Track Solutions. I will also post updates on here with Driver's name and number of level of interest. The contact information I will not post.

Thanks and I hope to see you at the races!

J.R. Eichelberger

2006 RoadRunner Champion

Here is the list so far based on replies to this post and previous posts. Drivers with * means I still need contact info/class/level of interest.

1 J.R. Eichelberger 1

2 Hunter Montgomery 15

3 Jarrett Payton 9s

4 George Reyes 31

5 Mikey Faulkner 00

6 Wes Walker 01

7 Dillon Gaither* 5

8 Nick Cole* 5

9 Richard Clinker 11

10 Emmitt Sevilla 18

11 Joey Jenkens* 33

12 Charles Earnhardt 33X

13 Cody Earnhardt 33C

14 Alvin Summers 44

15 Aaron Brungot* 50

16 Mitch Morrison* 66

17 Lynn Hardy Jr*

18 Michael Villarreal Jr* 97

19 Kenny Wright 68

20 Leonard Flores III 66/57

21 Joshua McBain 8

22 Brett Karulak 24

23 Bobby Hansen 99

24 Adam Haugh 12

25 Jeremy Hernandez 6p

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHARLES EARNHARDT #33C AND CODY EARNHARDT #33X

I 37 PURE STOCK

210-781-0280 CELL 210-333-9600 WORK

FOR SURE

I UNDERSTAND THAT IT WILL BE HARD TO PLEASE EVERYONE ON THE RULES WITH CARS COMING FROM DIFFERENT CLASSES BUT WE ARE WILLING TO MAKE A FEW IF NEEDED TO RUN SAS AGAIN. ;)

if i can find the right gears 6packracing is in i37 purestock

dont know what gears the car needs .but if we can race our cc bomber.. i wont care .fun is what we want .purse wont matter to us .safe finish .....car and driver intact .........rules for this class if they run it .is what i need ....we have 8 inch wheels ...quad carbs .and a cam with 15 or 16 inch rule ...stock springs .shocks ..manifolds ...intakes ...distributors ..stock tires ...plain old car ......full cage .if we have to change much buying stuff /then we are out ..wont spend a lot of money on stuff we cant run here at cc the next year ..

So far the list is coming together well. There are still several of the drivers listed above that havent sent me their contact info. I would like to send the list to track this weekend so if you know anyone on the list that still has an * please let them know to send me their info. If you know of someone who's not on the list but is interested lets get them on the list. I would like the list to have at least 25 cars or more since some people who have responded are on possibly going to run.

So far the list is coming together well. There are still several of the drivers listed above that havent sent me their contact info. I would like to send the list to track this weekend so if you know anyone on the list that still has an * please let them know to send me their info. If you know of someone who's not on the list but is interested lets get them on the list. I would like the list to have at least 25 cars or more since some people who have responded are on possibly going to run

i sent you the info.... if they have a fairly common set of rules .you wont have problems with a very good car count ...

LIKE I HAVE SAID YOUR CAR COUNT WILL DOULBE IF THEY KNEW WHAT THE RULES WERE. I WILL PROMISE YOU THAT. THATS WHAT THEIR WAITING ON I HAVE HEARD THEY TALKED ABOUT US RUNNING WITH THE STREET STOCKS WE CANT DO THAT WE NEED OUR OWN CLASS.THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!! :ph34r:

Chris called me yesterday and we talked for about an hr. Thunder/purestock will not be mixing w/streetstock. He says 99% sure thunder/purestock will race, just a couple more things they r working out. He was asking me if we would still feel this strongly about it if our race were to be held on a friday night. Personaly, im fine w/that. Then I can watch the big boys on saturday night.

Thanks for all the replies. It sounds like there has been enough support here to have this class put into serious consideration. I will still email the list either Saturday or Sunday.

Please keep the discussion on topic for this post for at least the next few days, then have at it.

Thanks,

JR

#18 i-37 purestock emmett sevilla turning into a long shot.

October is still a long way off. Dont give up on it yet. I am sure that most of the cars on this list will be active between now and then and will seem like a long shot from time to time.

Archived