Where are all the THR Mini Stocks at?

abrungot

we got out because this was suppose to a beginners class , a way on to the track to get started . turns out alot of people wanna jump from higher class car and prove their driving skills in this class so beginners dont have much of a chance to win, kinda gets old after awhile . JMO i 37 has a rule in their pure stock , no driver above this is allowed , no exceptions , might do some good i dont know

we got out because this was suppose to a beginners class , a way on to the track to get started . turns out alot of people wanna jump from higher class car and prove their driving skills in this class so beginners dont have much of a chance to win, kinda gets old after awhile . JMO i 37 has a rule in their pure stock , no driver above this is allowed , no exceptions , might do some good i dont know

Didn't you drive the mini stock a few times AFTER you drove a year in Grandstocks and drove a race in supers???? And didn't you also WIN over all the beginners??? And your driver has been in the mini stocks for 2 years. Sooooooo??????????

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't you drive the mini stock a few times AFTER you drove a year in Grandstocks and drove a race in supers???? And didn't you also WIN over all the beginners??? And your driver has been in the mini stocks for 2 years. Sooooooo??????????

i was hoping someone would commit on this , leave it to you to do so ....!! i started driving after our car was constantly getting beat by cars that were really fast , i mean faster than most grandstocks by mylaps times , not jus a handheld ticker ... so jus wanted to see if our car was going to be able to compete ... turns out , the championship car we bought was not getting it done no more , i knew if i couldnt beat them , i didnt expect my daughter to outrun them either, so thanks for concern and noticing , sorry for the late reply not on very much as some people are, but yes you are correct i have won in gandstock , raced a super, was going to run a thunder this year but looks like it will be going to DIRT, on edit wish i could only say i have raced a latemodel or promod who knows maybe someday i will be good enough or have the money it takes to compete at that level

all car counts suck right now...evrybody used purse as the excuse,,,,well, some classes got a raise, and still the counts suck. the next excuse will possibly be 'i don't have a track to race at'.....think about it.

Myself and the other mini drivers go out every race and try to put on one hell of a show for the fans, and thank you for asking where we all went. im a new driver but my guess would be the neck support costing almost half what we put in the cars. i know its a safety thing but thats my opinion. on a personal note as a driver i would love to see more cars out there because not only does it make a better show for the fans but it makes a better race for us. on a better note i love this 4 week break so i can rebuild the 36

Ok, here is my take. I have a dog in this fight as I am a registered driver in the class.

I can tell you that the purse is not my primary reason for not racing, but it isn't really helping me to get motivated to replace the motor.

We're not racing mainly because the motor blew up last year and just didn't have the funds to change it out. There where only about 5 races left and it was going to cost about $500 to get another one. I didn't think the math worked out to spend an extra $100 per race just to "Race"

The other reason I'm not racing or even been to THR yet this season is because I relocated to a new job in the DFW area. That probably is the biggest factor right now.

I am still planing on racing this season but it is not my main priority. Multi-thousand dollar sponsors are hard to come by for a mini or any team for that matter. If I found one that big, I might get them to sponsor the class.

I know that it is always going to cost me more money to race than I'll ever get back from a purse. Every hobby cost money. I just want to tie up some loose ends before making that kind of monetary commitment. In our class you have to finish 2nd or higher just to break even on a pit pass and a hamburger. Sponsors will cover some of the cost for additional tires and fuel but not all of it.

As far as where the cars went, most of the top guys moved on and there wasn't a lot of others to fill the gaps.

The 88 now the 23 has a hurt motor, Daniel in the 55 moved to Grand stocks. Dave Burhman in the 16 isn't racing. The 19 and 46 cars aren't racing. Last I heard was they were taking a break from racing. The 68 is parked and may be for sale. We're out cause of a blown motor.

So there's about half a dozen cars that aren't on the track.

I am still planing on racing this season but it is not my main priority. Multi-thousand dollar sponsors are hard to come by for a mini or any team for that matter. If I found one that big, I might get them to sponsor the class.

c'mon bobby its easy tofind someone to throw 5k on a mini lol hope to see you soon man

the 68 will race when the dwarfs race and also the 11 will race when the dwarfs race.

We bought them for that reason. We plan on having rookie drivers race them when they can or we will race them to help car count and have a little fun.

I was hoping that there would be 20 cars this year!

Also I am looking for one more to buy race ready.

I have put a wanted add but did not get much response.

The 2 might be out the for the season as well. We have some pretty bad motor gremlins that like to practice but not race. The 01 thunder will be out for at least a few months since some people like to dive bomb like a japanese kamikazi. Tore up cars race cars are real expensive to fix. we have a set budget put aside for racing every month and we can not go over that. If we have motor issues or someone runs into us and breaks our axle and tears up the car, we have to sit out untill the money can catch up. The only sponsor we have is ourselves, Im sure others are in the same boat,

Tore up race cars means less cars

:unsure: Torn up race cars are a problem in every class, don't think you'll own the rights to that. We.ve raced Thunders, Supers, TSRS, Trucks, Championship this class and now Mods and had the same problem in every class. We' raced all over Texas, Okla., & Kansas & many years at ole Longhorn, every week. All tracks have a problem with rough driving and none has figured a way to get rid of it, look at Nascar for example! :angry:

:unsure: Torn up race cars are a problem in every class, don't think you'll own the rights to that. We.ve raced Thunders, Supers, TSRS, Trucks, Championship this class and now Mods and had the same problem in every class. We' raced all over Texas, Okla., & Kansas & many years at ole Longhorn, every week. All tracks have a problem with rough driving and none has figured a way to get rid of it, look at Nascar for example! :angry:

No argument here

the 68 will race when the dwarfs race and also the 11 will race when the dwarfs race.

We bought them for that reason. We plan on having rookie drivers race them when they can or we will race them to help car count and have a little fun.

I was hoping that there would be 20 cars this year!

Also I am looking for one more to buy race ready.

I have put a wanted add but did not get much response.

im not in the group but the someone rubbed some people the wrong way his last race i want a higher car count but please lets not tear up the cars that we do have. im a firm believer that "rubbin is racin" but "smash and dash" is not a strategy i promote. our goal is not to spin every driver in our way but to out race them and to beat them. as always i would love to see more minis every race and if any one knows of some for sale im looking for a second one for my crewchief

1 37 doesnt let front runners knock other cars out of the way to win races, i saw several racers last year cross the line first and not get the win. they are starting with the less experienced drivers trying to teach them how to race clean. they also warn drivers over the race scanners if they are driving too rough. torn up cars leads to low car count, we all need to think about racing next week and not tear up our stuff or others. I have been guilty of doing both, sometimes shit happens. jmo

BOBBY JACK

The 2 might be out the for the season as well. We have some pretty bad motor gremlins that like to practice but not race. The 01 thunder will be out for at least a few months since some people like to dive bomb like a japanese kamikazi. Tore up cars race cars are real expensive to fix. we have a set budget put aside for racing every month and we can not go over that. If we have motor issues or someone runs into us and breaks our axle and tears up the car, we have to sit out untill the money can catch up. The only sponsor we have is ourselves, Im sure others are in the same boat,

Tore up race cars means less cars

[edited out by Nick Holt, 4/4/12] MESSAGE ME YOUR NUMBER MAYBE KENNY HURLEY AND I CAN HELP YOU GET BACK OUT THERE BEFORE THE NEXT RACE. OR IF YOU HAVE A FACEBOOK FRIEND ME.

1 37 doesnt let front runners knock other cars out of the way to win races, i saw several racers last year cross the line first and not get the win. they are starting with the less experienced drivers trying to teach them how to race clean. they also warn drivers over the race scanners if they are driving too rough. torn up cars leads to low car count, we all need to think about racing next week and not tear up our stuff or others. I have been guilty of doing both, sometimes shit happens. jmo

BOBBY JACK

cc has a black flag and when you do something they see they don.t like .your introduced to it ...most of the time you get a rolled up warning ..most drivers get the message at that point .

Archived