ROMCO at CC Speedway 4/19 early results

rebelracewriter

Hey Bradley.....

I am sorry you feel the way you do about the racing Saturday nite. For the record, Joey did not spin Tommy Grimes out (ask Greg Davidson or Tommy himself) and Joey did not spin out the 33 car.

I do not think Joey intentionally took you out......Joey discussed the issue with your dad and he also discussed the issue of the line you were taking exiting the turns.

As you grow older and get some more laps under your belt, you will learn that racing is also a matter of give and take. It was obvious that we were considerably faster than you were and you were holding us up from getting back up to the leaders......I can will assure you of one simple fact....if the shoe was on the other foot......I (as the spotter for Joey) would have directed him to move over for you and let you go.....holding back a faster car deep in the pack will not win you the race.....it only causes problems

ROMCO did not tell us to park the race car. We simply chose to park it due to being down too many laps......as you gain experience, you will learn there comes a time when it is better to just park it and move on to the next race.

As for our team cheering when our cars made contact.....I know you are incorrect......that contact caused us to be involved in another yellow and that certainly was NOTHING to cheer about.

As for our team cussing your mother and sister....the incident involved ONE lady and your mother.....NOT OUR TEAM.....I am sorry to hear you bring this up in a public forum such as this....perhaps you should discuss the issue further with your mother and find out just what happened.....from my point of view, the flair up of tempers did not take place as you are explaining it.....

It is sad when tempers flair in the stands like that....there simply is no need for it.

Johnny White

I'm sry to bring that up on the website, didn't think it would hurt any feelings, because Joey came up to me and appologized for hitting me, and everything is cool between us. And as i said I was running the bottom line to let Joey by me, but he never attempted the upper groove. So we were loosing Doug so i moved back up and we caught doug. I was saving my tires, not trying to hold anybody up. That was my first race in corpus and i was unsure how bad the tires got at the end of a race there, so i was taking it easier than you were. And I did talk to my mom about the situation. (All i will say about that) And i appreciate the appology Joey, and hopefully i have not caused any problems. And it did come over the scanner that if the 15 car were to come back to black flag him, not sure of the reason but it came over the romco scanner. Sry yall got in another accident. about parking the car because of laps down thing is smart, but when you are running for points and their is another accident you can pick up some positions. Trying to be top ten so i can test at Fort Worth. DIDN"TY MEAN TO STEP ON ANY TOES, MY APPOLIGIZES TO THE ENTIRE HEINAMEN CREW.

Ohh, we figured out our missing out problem and bagging out down the straight aways, THE BATTERY WAS GOING DEAD. DUUUHHHHHHH, not thinking on my part (thought it was somthin wrong with the motor, one of those rookie deals) Probably why my dad wasn't worried about it.

I don't know what went on with the 115 and Bradley, but I do know that last year when Joey was behind me, he did his best to beat my bumper cover off. I could have done the same thing to Greg, but I respect him more than that and believe you are not being held up if your not fast enough to pass clean. I also have a question, how do you drive a car with a "broken" control arm?

Bandit,

I was wondering the same thing. If the upper arm were broken there would be no way anyone could have driven that car. Perhaps it was just bent or cracked or twisted or something.

For those who don't know, the upper control arm holds the top of the spindle in place. The lower control arm holds the bottom of the spindle in place. The spindle holds the hub. The wheel is bolted to the hub. If the top control arm were broken, the wheel and tire would have been flopping uncontrollably since only the lower control arm and steering mechanism would have been holding the spindle assembly in place.

It is highly unlikely that the upper control arm failed completely since Brandon was able to continue racing.

Nick Holt

I think no less than 100 people went by the car after the race and looked at it. The left side of the upper A-arm broke completely. Still have it if you want to see for yourself. No the wheel was not flopping around but there was about 3 1/2" of the tire not even touching the ground. If that is not broke, I am sure they would be more than willing to give it to anyone who wants to put it on their car.

I must say that I saw that controll arm with my own two eyes. Aparrently after it broke it got wedged in away that it made it able to still drive the car. If I had my digital with me I would have taken a picture for you... I was amazed as well as everyone else that went by the car when they saw it. I wonder if Brandon will run that much camber in the tire next time at CC? :) lol

The right front upper control arm shaft broke completely between the rear bolt and the rear pivot point. The rear of the control arm twisted back towards the engine but was prevented from going further back due to 2 things:

a) the arm wedged against the wide and tall upper frame mount

B) the front pivot point was still doing its job although it had to be in a bind (remember that the pivot point is not a heim pivot which swivels easily).

After race camber was 14 degrees. Toe out was 1-1/2". Caster was way positive and not measurable. Steering wheel position had changed 180 degrees and was reset during a red flag stoppage to enable the radio button on the steering wheel to be corrected.

Terry Barden remarked that if the rear wheel had been cambered that much during the race, he would have had to DQ the car for a cambered rear end!

Larry,

Ah.. being wedged in so it couldn't flop around explains it.

At least some of the settings were in the right direction, even if highly outside the recommended range.

Some of us used to utilize more toe out (but certainly not 1.5 inches, more like a really fat quarter inch) and more positive LF camber (but certainly not 14 degrees positve, more like 3 degrees positive) at Corpus Christi and Austin. The car should have pulled to the right pretty much with all that positive LF castor.

Thanks for explaining that to us, Larry.

Nick Holt

Opps... I thought it was the LF.. I misread gasman when he said, "The left side of the upper A-arm broke completely." Sorry.

Must have been some pretty serious negative camber and with that much positive caster on the right side it got into the turn pretty easy, eh?

Nick Holt

Archived