ROMCO at CC Speedway 4/19 early results

rebelracewriter

The race was pretty boring. Top 4 finished same as they started. Before they complete a lap Grimes went down on Heinaman and spun himself out. Unfortuantly both very fast cars had to go to the back. Grimes made some nice outside passes. Seemed like guys were really holding up other guys but they couldnt get by. Tommy Grouthues sp? and John Kelly wrecked eacy other. 33 ended up looking like a modified. #34 was in 2 wrecks VERY early. Joey spun Bradley Reithmeyer trying to get by him (he had a tough time getting by Bradley) and had some body damage and just decided to park the car. If only the race would have been 200 laps :)

Jason

Oh and hey bigjohn happy 55th birthday dunno if you heard them announce it or not :)

He led every lap, the top 3 cars (Chris,Brandon,and Greg) were all pretty equal. I think if any of those would of started first they probably would of won the race. Brandon was all over Chris at the beg of the race and hung with him, with Greg and Eddy right behind them. Brandon just diden't seem to have it the last 10 laps as Chris won it easy. Grimes spun early and worked his way back up to 7th I believe, he was pretty fast but they were all so equally fast and the track is so hard to pass on, he coulden't get much further than that.

T Wade was quick too and got 5th behind Wallace

1. Chris Davidson

2. Brandon Bendele

3. Greg Davidson

4. Eddie Wallace

5. T Wade Welch

Eric Covington, John Meyer, and Grimes were behind them. Not sure in which order

Jason

For the record, Brandon had a broken upper control arm on the right front. His car was very fast, i think chris was holding him up at times. Jason, where the heck were you at? I was looking for a young punk with a I love Joey shirt on, but didnt see it lol.

Big John

P.S. it was my 54th b-day

Funny thing is that Brandon would have been faster if he had not smacked the wall early on and broke the right controll arm. He was faster than both davidson cars easily reeling Chris in on many occasions. Just couldn't get by him. I wonder what had broke on Kellys car because just before he and Grouthes had their incident Kelly slowed down considerably. I imagine Bradley was a little peeved with Joey spinning him out and all I didn't think the damage to Joey's car was that bad that he wouldn't make it back out. It was an interesting race especially towards the end when Bandit and G.Davidson fought hard going into turn 1. Considering it was the first time for me to goto CC I had a great time. Just curious Nick are the Thunderstocks there at CC similar rules to the TPS I saw a few TPS style cars there.

Also on another note it was nice meeting Bigjohn but unfortunately I couldn't find the chairman of the Joey Heinamann Fan Club I.E. Jason.... :)

I saw bigjohn i think wearing a DJ shirt but he was walkin into the bathroom so I didnt wanan interupt.

I was before the S/F line at the TOP standing most of the race against the railing. And yes I was wearin the Joey shirt :)

Jason

yeah joey did nail bradley. was probably out of frustration. Yes Grimes did come down on Joey Grimes pushed greg davidson up high almost into the wall and joey dove under him. Grimes then came back down

what was up with greg driving eddie into the dirt, it seemed that eddie was at his door. I thought it was a good race, brandon was faster than i have ever seen him. If he had not hit the wall, he probally would of gotten by chris. Cant wait for San Antonio.

Big John

Joey definitely did not spin Grimes, Grimes was still trying to gather his car up after slamming into the side of Greg. Now as far as Bradley I think anybody would have done the same, I think the spotter might have been driving that car.

I think Brandon would have definitely won had he not got into the wall and broke that control arm. When he got into the wall, you really couldn't tell if he broke anything. But then when the next yellow came out you could tell either something was broke, or they really had that right front cambered in alot. Also, again where were alot of the romco regulars at? Donnie Wilson, John David Jr., Mark Chrudimsky, Heath Stuart, Michael Crawford and Fred Shulz all werent there. Anybody know where they were? Hopefully everybody will be back in two weeks at SAS, that should be a good.

OK i think i can answer some questions.

Mark wasn't there becasue he just didn't want to go, he will be in SA,

Doug was off, he was really loose when i was behind him. He coulen't get a run off the corners.

Yes i was a little mad a JOEY H, he needs to have patience, he had already spun the 33 car out,

I was talking with my dad and we new he was fast and i just wanted to ride and get a good finish, We decided to move down and let JOEY H. by me, but i didn't want to loose alot of positions, so i started running low, Joey never tried high on me so i finally started running my groove again cause we were loosing doug, and then next thing i know after we caught up with doug is i get hit from behind and the back end lifts off the ground. He did appoligize for hitting me after the race,

I thought that Mark was banned from SAS for life after he mooned Chris Davidson (who was in the pits) while standing the grandstands last year at October"fast"

Also I was surprised to find out that John David Jr didn't show up. It hard to believe that as good as he has been this year and being points leader that he would sit out a race With a series as competative as ROMCO. I guess all the Bendele fans are happy about the points leader not being there.

Archived