Wow! The Richmond race win was "rigged"

Pacecar

On Na$car Race Hub TV show (Jimmy Spencer' segment), the replay of Menard's crewchief radio conversations showed that Menard's spinout purposely caused that last caution. And since Harvick was better on new tires than Jeff Gordon, Harvick was able to get the win.

My memory of what was said:

29 car in the lead, 24 car 1 second behind. No need for a caution at this time.

29 car in the lead, 24 gaining. No need for a caution at this time.

24 car in the lead, 29 in second. Check your voltage gauge.

It's 13.8 volts, it's OK why are you asking?

Go to Channel 2 (not monitored).

Back to Channel 1.

Menard states that he feels a RR tire going down.

Crewchief tells him to keep out there, slow down if you need to, try to finish the race. [spencer says why would a crewchief tell a guy that is 80 laps down not to pit with a tire going down?].

Menard spins. Yellow out. Everybody gets fresh tires. And Harvick is fastest on fresh tires.

I wonder what Na$car plans to do with this?

Remind me to tell you the story of a visit to San Antonio Speedway by a high-ranking NASCAR official back in the mid-90s when I was the NASCAR Chief Steward.

I couldn't believe my ears when he shared some tips on how to make our racing program "more exciting." I have a hard time taking the top-tier NASCAR series seriously ever since.

Nick

This isnt new. This has been going on since team mates were a part of Na$car.

However the die hard Harvick fans will say he earned it, while others say conspiracy. Gordon has won in situations like this, so has Johnson, Earnhardt Jr, Edwards, Biffle, etc. etc.

It just so happens this one was aired on tv.

Is it rigged? Yes.

Is it legal? No

Will Na$car do anything about it? Only if it effects sales negatively.

You guys need to realize, Na$car is not about stock car racing, its about entertainment and revenue. Kinda like wwf, wwe, or whatever the hell it is now. ;)

eh...that type of stuff has been happening for years, on a lot of levels.

Did Menard stay out to purposely cause a yellow and help Harvick? Yeah, probably.

Does that guarantee Harvick will win? Nope, it just improved his chances greatly. Anything could have happened....a dropped lugnut, pit road accident, Harvick and the crew still had to perform.

Prove NASCAR was in the know...then we have a conspiracy.

Actually, NASCAR can do something.....implement a rule that when it is no longer mathematically possible for you to end up on the lead lap, or gain a position, you need to get off the track.

I remember some time ago, on the last night of the season during a close point race a driver coming up to another before the main event and offering to block the other's rival for the track championship. He was told not to do it.....but the stuff happens.

In a press conference thursday Harvick was asked about teams going the extra mile for other teammates, he replied with asking how many spun out cars does it take to keep JR. on the lead lap so he can make the chase.

I chuckled when I read that. :lol::P

Archived