LEGENDS

Budman

The greatest of the great were from that era in my book. The Texas contengent ............. Foyt, Larson, McElreath, Ruby and Rutherford were all a big part of it. If only we knew then what we know now, when we watched them. Of course the problem is, none of it was ever televised. None of that racing was done in this part of the country. You could only read about some of it way after the races were held, in whatever publication you could get your hands on. Fortunately this stuff is now showing up on the internet. It is amazing to actually get to finally watch some of this stuff.

Here is your link, enjoy -----> Click

Someday ill retire and make some trips with you two guys ...Yah are haveing to much fun .So ill unload some of that from you .....Only so you can get some rest ofcourse ... ....... Glad to see your still around .and dano miss seeing both of you ..........Yah will have to take a ride this way and go eat some sea [ FOOD ]] ..

You Bet H/T, we'd love to have you along. My son joined up with us up there on Saturday for the race Saturday night. We probably had more fun on Friday though, than we did for the race on Saturday night. Unlike N-car, the IRL gives fans full access to the garages if you buy a pit pass. Friday they tech, then a long practice, then adjust for qualifying, qualify, then adjust to race trim and practice again. Lots of activity back and forth from garages to track and back. On Saturday they never move out of the garages until Saturday night just before race time.

I got this shot of Dano with the FLY-OVER CREW. They, coincidentially were based out of Randolf.

post-1274-1311873786.jpg

He took this shot as I wandered about aimlesslly. :P

post-1274-1311873948.jpg

Are you saying dano only shoots the best side of you .....reason being he finaly gets a break ..one thing your not hard to pick out anywhere you go ..always seems to be eyes looking out for your back side .keeps you safe ...... now answer this ..do they have a food court or rest area .

• 2 weeks later...

got blisters just for looking ...... i like the look of the trash cans .no track logo ... now i would probably not have noticed that had there been poeple ..looks like the lights are on no one is home ..seeing that makes me wonder aboult you and dano .....

Its all on disk Mike. I print only those I want to either give to someone or put someplace special. Like the one of you giving the thumbs up. So what I do have is about 4 CDs full. Best part of digital photography, you can store them easily. Just sometimes get hard to find when you get so many. Most of the ones I have printed I gave away. Not one single race pic on my walls. :blink:

Mike. You must be talking about some other picture taker. I have auto focus so all I have to do is point and shoot. When I bought it I told the guy at Nikon that I wanted a camera that even Mike HiTech could use. Toughest picture I ever took was you Mike.

Archived