SAD

HiTech

TAKE A MOMENT FROM YOUR TIME TO PRAY FOR THIS FAMILY OF MISTER STONE ....A LIFE LOST FOR TRYING TO GIVE HIS SON SOMETHING THE BOY WOULD HOLD DEAR FOR LIFE ..........AS YOUNG AS THIS BOY IS . I ONLY HOPE HE WILL GROW UP TO BE A FINE YOUNG MAN WITHOUT HAVEING TO LIVE THE HORROR OF THIS .WONT BE EASY WITH BASEBALL AT EVERY TURN ....

I see a lawsuit in the future.

I somewhat agree, but against the park, and not against Hamilton. Here's my question.. why is there no netting in that area between the stands and the wall?

My heart goes out to both families....but I fail to see why the rush to lawsuit? Building code regs say railing had to be 26 inches high and the railing was 33 inches high. Yes. This is a tragedy. But it was an accident. Already they are talking about banning players from throwing baseballs into the stands. They have been doing that for 100 years. We don't need another lawsuit to protect us from ourselves.

Oh I agree a lawsuit is not a good thing - I certainly would not be rushing to ANY court.

But unfortunately the family of this guy has probably already gotten calls from dozens of snakes er um Fine Southern Barristers, looking for the money to be made. Strictly on behalf of the family (minus 35%) of course.

Yes, it is a sad accident, but nothing in America these days soothes the soul like a fat settlement check.

And JWm is correct; I'd bet that the widow has already been contacted.

Lawsuit??? This was just a horrible accident!

THATS WHAT IT WAS .......LAWSUITS WILL COME .ID BET ///// SADLY LAWSUITS ARE THE ANSWER TO EVERYTHING NOW ..YOU CANT BURP AROUND SOMEONE NOW WITH OUT THE CHANCE OF BEING DRAGED INTO COURT ..IM SURE THE RANGERS HAVE SENT SOMEONE TO TALK WITH THE FAMILY ...AND NO THERE SHOULD NEVER BE A RULE AGAINST PLAYERS TOSSING A BALL ......WHAT RULE COULD YOU PUT INTO PLACE FOR FOUL BALLS AND BATS FLYING INTO THE STANDS ,,IF YOU START WITH STOPPING THE PLAYERS FROM TOSSING ..THEN YOU NEED TO PUT A FENCE ALL THE WAY UP AND AROUND .. BUT A NET WOULD HAVE SAVED HIM ..AS FOR HAMILTON.. MAN I FEEL FOR HIM TOO ..HE HAS TO SEE THAT SPOT EVERY TIME HE STEPS ON THAT FIELD FROM NOW ON ..IT WILL HAUNT HIM FOR EVER ...HOPE HE CAN GET THROUGH IT ..HE IS ONE HECK OF A PLAYER ..

Archived