VDL carb issue

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There seems to be a lot of Technical people on this thread Don't mean to steal this thread but I have a question.

Does anyone know if there is a particular drive SHAFT size mandated in the TSRS rules ? I am looking for specifics like the WIDTH and LENGTH and if they have an INPUT type rule ?

Or should this be opened up under another Topic ? I am new here can someone HELP?

Congrats John Hernandez on your first podium finish! Awesome to see one of the good guys get a well deserved good finish. Great run John, Jeremy and the rest of the team. That goldsmobile #9 will get a win before too long! That gold machine has come a long way since it hit the #12 under caution at THR a few years back. Keep up the hard work guys! Awesome job.

Rick i'm not sure about TSRS, but most of the local tracks would prefer a large shaft be used, and I'm almost positive they will insist ypou use the ramithard type input.

Insist...you left a loop hole for your self gerald "almost" I have to bow down to the wise one. grass hopper still has a lot to learn. I will be trade marking the ramithard brand name so next time expect to pay a royalty fee.

Just out of curiosity, can anyone provide the specifications for the booster height from Holly? Were exactly are they suppose to be located and what are the measurement points?

I am certain that if you called Jack Sanderfur, he would be able to provide you with that information.

Nick

Just out of curiosity, can anyone provide the specifications for the booster height from Holly? Were exactly are they suppose to be located and what are the measurement points?

I am certain that if you called Jack Sanderfur, he would be able to provide you with that information.

Nick

Negative sir. It does not exist! There is no spec for booster height according to the fine folks at Holley Racing. They are pressed in and flared to fit. The height of the boosters can vary with heat so Holley does not spec the booster height. What they do have a spec for are the holes the booster are pressed into. But there is no booster height Specification. So why is booster height even subject to technical inspection?

Nick

Negative sir. It does not exist! There is no spec for booster height according to the fine folks at Holley Racing. They are pressed in and flared to fit. The height of the boosters can vary with heat so Holley does not spec the booster height. What they do have a spec for are the holes the booster are pressed into. But there is no booster height Specification. So why is booster height even subject to technical inspection?

Why did I even suspect that this was a loaded question. LOL... which it obviously was.

May I suggest that if you have an issue with technical inspection issues that you take the matter up with the track?

Thanks.

Nick

... May I suggest that if you have an issue with technical inspection issues that you take the matter up with the track?

Thanks.

Nick

And I'm sure he will.

And if he doesn't, I will.

Heck, if it wasn't for this forum, and specifically this thread, I wouldn't have even been aware of this practice of epoxying the boosters, why anyone would do it (epoxy the booster), what the implications are, etc.

But now that I know (and it was pointed out to me today that my carb is fine), I can now discuss intelligently – or somewhat anyway – this subject with Jack this Saturday and move on.

The great thing about this forum, and/or others like it is the dissemination of information it can provide.

and something else you need to learn.....

In 1998 at the big (130 competitors) Nascar Late Model Stock race in Martinsville, I was standing in line with Brandon Bendele's carburetor to be teched (all carbs had to pass pre-practice tech). All these other guys in line started staring at me. Being from Texas, I finally asked them why they were all staring at me. They told me that everyone knows it's bad luck to carry your carburetor upside down.

Guess that was true. We didn't make the 32 car starting field for the $20,000 to win 200 lap race.

and something else you need to learn.....

In 1998 at the big (130 competitors) Nascar Late Model Stock race in Martinsville, I was standing in line with Brandon Bendele's carburetor to be teched (all carbs had to pass pre-practice tech). All these other guys in line started staring at me. Being from Texas, I finally asked them why they were all staring at me. They told me that everyone knows it's bad luck to carry your carburetor upside down.

Guess that was true. We didn't make the 32 car starting field for the $20,000 to win 200 lap race.

Yet another racing superstition I can add to my list. Thanks Larry. :lol:

could anyone also post pics of what the arguement is.. educational so others know exactly what to look for... there are many carbs out there 2nd hand.

I'M WITH YOU PICS PLEASE

All good tech men across the country have the same set of gauges to tech the booster height. And good carb. builders have the same gauges to to get the most out of the carbs. The reason for the booster height gauge is to make sure that they are not to high that allows more air flow in the top of the carb. faster.

All good tech men across the country have the same set of gauges to tech the booster height. And good carb. builders have the same gauges to to get the most out of the carbs. The reason for the booster height gauge is to make sure that they are not to high that allows more air flow in the top of the carb. faster.

Karl when is my good carb youve been building for me gonna be ready? Im ready for it!

Just wondering why?

After seeing the posting of the results why the second place finishing car #96 is below the #69 when they have the same VDL carb?

4. 69 Michael Pollaro Floresville, TX 35 laps QT 16.875

5. 96 Robert Barker Boerne, TX 35 laps QT 15.841 TI – Carburetor

Archived