THR 6/26

jamie37

Radar is not looking to good. I live just sout of the track and it is starting to look pretty dark. They might get the races started but I doubt that they will finish them. Only saving grace is the Busch race on FX from BEER TOWN.

Well, we dodged all the rain bullets except the last one.. and that one made up for the ones we missed.

It poured on the show after all but one of the heat races was complete. We tried like crazy to dry the track but there was just too much water to contend with.

So, the ROMCO show has been rescheduled for July 10th

By the way, Greg Davidson set fast time. Don't have the rest.

Nick Holt

They got all the qaulifying in and the SS and Hobby heats in but then it came a downpour for about 15 minutes. Lots of rain in a short amount of time. I think the THR regular class car count was at an all time low anyways I dont beleive Ive ever seen just 14 StreetStocks and 7 Hobbies.

Isn't THR rain out policy, Its a completed show if the heat races are completed. With 14 SS and & HS I'm sure that heat races got over rathe quickly.

The hobby stock race was not even half way when the flood gates open. What I heard is that even know other classes finished that Brian Calloway over the radio said Every Body gets rain checks weather you finished your heat or not. Way to go Brian that will keep everybody happy.

:lol::lol:

Isn't THR rain out policy, Its a completed show if the heat races are completed. With 14 SS and & HS I'm sure that heat races got over rathe quickly.

:P but did antone else see some of the womens scratchin ole Jim all up? :lol:

he couldn't give em an answer on their own rules...even when they showed em in black and white...so they went to Brian,,,as he was runnin from em....but nick cut em off at the pass and gave em what they wanted!

:lol::lol::rolleyes::lol::lol:

good job nick! I wudda too if i had that many mad women after my a$$! :huh::wub:

it was a fun nightr at thr!!!!!!! :blink:

The hobby stock race was not even half way when the flood gates open. What I heard is that even know other classes finished that Brian Calloway over the radio said Every Body gets rain checks weather you finished your heat or not. Way to go Brian that will keep everybody happy.

from the THR website under general rules section

"RAIN

Should rain come during the race night, the races will be considered a complete program if all of the heat races have been completed.

If the rain comes before the heat races are completed rain checks will be provided. No refunds."

Now the link for those that like to read things for themselfs

http://www.thunderhillraceway.com/rules.htm

Seems like THR followed thier own rules.

WAY to go THR..... that's one way to gain return of people in the stands.....being true to your own rules.

They got all the qaulifying in and the SS and Hobby heats in but then it came a downpour for about 15 minutes.

I think this is what threw everybody off. Don't worry Matt, no big deal.

Here's another question. Does the rainout ticket go for this next week or the next ROMCO show?

I suppose we could have run the last few laps of the Hobby Stock race under Yellow and technically finished the heats and therefore give no refunds. But rather than do that, Brian and Jim elected to do the honorable thing. I'm sure they lost a lot of money, but you have to admit, these two guys are trying to do it right.

There will be whiners and complainers, but. hey, these two guys have sunk a bunch of money in improvements over the off season, have listened to and implemented many of our suggestions, are putting a bunch more money into advertising and now serve some of the best race track food anywhere!

Nick Holt

:unsure:

so antone know what all the fuss was about?

The fuss started when an announcement was made that the SS and dwarfs were not going to be given rain checks. The initial decision was made to consider those classes as "completed" and give them credit for their heat races. A couple of people were a little loud and maybe a little out of line in their comments to Mr. Lynch about that decision.

But like Nick said, they talked about it and did the right thing according to the race procedures. Great call THR officials!

cs

They sent me home without a raincheck. I drive dwarfs and spent over $180 on pit passes,

And they told me " yall raced yalls heat,you don't get a raincheck."

I hope they DID decide to give every class rainchecks. Seems only fair.

We follow the track rules when we race at THR. As stated before, the rule is "all heats must be finnished.'' One was still on the track.

Keep those dirvers happy and they will come back.

2wide,

Please check with your Dwarf Officials.

I know when I came to the garage office to help with the rain checks Tracie was talking with the lady that helps with your series.

I bet she will have the answer for you.

They sent me home without a raincheck. I drive dwarfs and spent over $180 on pit passes,

And they told me " yall raced yalls heat,you don't get a raincheck."

I hope they DID decide to give every class rainchecks. Seems only fair.

We follow the track rules when we race at THR. As stated before, the rule is "all heats must be finnished.'' One was still on the track.

Keep those dirvers happy and they will come back.

Cmon guys.....just got off the phone with some of the dworfs (sp) - tell the truth officials! DON'T LIKE BEING LIED TO.....!!!!! :angry:

What happened was - the officials announced that those 2 did not get their refund due to finishing the ir heats......so the "womens" got their RULE BOOKS (THR) out and confronted Jim - JIM got ANGRY.. sai some things he shound NOT have said - so theiy went to BRIAN....Brian, like the man he is......RAN from them.......someone got on the RADIO and told him to "get outa there!"

When they got to the top of the hill, Nick caught them and finally - after they TOLD him of their OWN rules that they weould all be getting their refunds.......

So ya'll can all get on here with all your BS trying to make them cheeters all look good to everyoine else.....but the RACERS know the tructh. COMON - tell everyone the truth......like one of em told me she said....."all ya'll care about is your beere......not the racers.......the money is all about beeer!!!!!" I am one that agrees and am goning to start bringing a video camera into the pits to get the bottom of these lies!!!!!!!!

IF I EVER GIVE THYEM ANOJHNTHER DIME ......so many left without being refunded - CAUSE THEY WERE TOLD THEY WEOPULF NMOT GFET IT.....! :angry:

sorry about the the sdpelling - after i got off the phone about the tructh - i am soooo mad!

GB77,

First of all no one gets a refund , period.

If it rains when you are at a Nascar race, do you go up there and start screaming and yelling demanding your money back? I think not.

And if I had a bunch of angry people around me doing that I would leave and call security. And I probably would have said a few things to you that I shouldn't have said too.

I'm not gonna say there was no confustion last night as it seems there was some.

But, I know Brian and Jim will do there best to make it right with the Dwarf's.

Archived