thr/sas results

ups88john

All the drivers were told about the racing rules at SAS with regard to the move over flag and was told that you were to move to the inside in the drivers meeting. I guess some either didnt pay attention at the drivers meeting or they didnt pay attention to the flags???

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it just seems that they lack the experience you know at SAS compared to the Bendele's, and Aramendia, and they want to blame it on the lack of equipment, lets not forget these people race there every race, or have won plenty of track championships in the past and you want to blame it on a lack of horsepower because you have a muffler or because you have 10" tires instead of facing the fact that these are simply bad ass at san antonio speedway have been for years and probably always will be.

krusty_rusty,

You certainly have shown that you are loyal to your home track and track loyalty is fine. However, making statements like those you are making is counter-productive, at best. To say that the drivers at one track are great and drivers from other tracks are not so great, or worse, shows a remarkable lack of tack, if nothing else.

I have been involved in racing for many years and from many different perspectives and can honestly say that every track and every venue has their share of great teams and drivers and their share of not so good teams and drivers.

Why you are attempting to start a track war is beyond me expecially in light of the recent attempts by manyof us to foster closer cooperation among the Central/South Texas asphalt tracks.

Nick Holt

The number 0 car is Justin Oates TSRS car.It did look like his dad used 10 inch tires though.I still can't believe all of the bickering over what ended up being a very fair event for both classes.The only complaint I had was the heads-up start,but even then,it was still a good race.

Nick your misunderstanding me, I'm not saying that any tracks drivers are better than the other ones, what I am saying is that people that drive at a certain track every week are going to be better than people that don't, so don't blame it on your car, and unfair rules if anything keep the same rules and have them come to your own track

I have seen more cars from THR go to SAS, than SAS cars come to THR.

krustyrusty-you picked the right name for a guy with a big mouth and dry since of humor....i like most people i meet in sa, but you i don't like...IF YOUR ARE A RACER????? bring what you got ,i coming to sa just for the plain and simple fact of finding you.chances are you won't be lucky enough to get away from me in sa...then since we're such one trick ponies you're welcome to come to kyle and redeem yourself,unless you yourself are a one track wonder...just let me know what class PARTNER!!

I have seen several people comment about several issues. I would just like to say that-

Jason Oates ran a TSRS car that he has built for Justin

Brandon ran a TSRS car with the 10" tires so he didn't get to use all TSRS rules breaks

Larry Bendele has raced at SAS since it was a cow pasture and they were running 10" stone wheels

Bottom line San Antonio late models are true late models and handle better on the 10" tires

TSRS cars have the motor/weight but , I think the only reason the THR cars can't compete is that they are really just less car. I think the rules will get straightened out and this could turn into a good event. Also someone else mentioned that the SAS cars were only a .5 second faster than TSRS and that would make for competitive racing. If the pole sitter never has any one within .5 second of him except when he runs up on a lapped car one time, there's no way it will be competitive. Keep in mind that Brandon was a .25 second faster than Larry. Brandon qualified at "19.18". A 20.99 as someone mentioned would have placed you at the rear of the field. Be honest about the race and the outcomes and try to use it as a stepping stone to level the field rules-wiseand quit bashing the tracks and drivers.

rookie 49 if you were refering to my post about 20.99 a 350cfm carb 3200lbs metric chasis I think if i would have raced it would have had a 500cfm 10 tires weight reduction and probably some other stuff. and it still would not have been competitive. the question was asked if i have ever raced at that level so by the times they posted saturday with the 8inchers my answer would be yes. If you would have read my early post i new before the races started the 8 inch tires did not have a chance there was a great field of drivers just to mention a few reeder, hudak,i thought robert stuart would run better And I do understand that not everyone or so they say had the money to change over to the bigger tire. so they were fighting for10th place on back. I guess in a nut shell i wished everyone would have been more equal{TIRES} From the pole time to the last place guy was 2.5 seconds. I AM DONE TALKING ABOUT IT GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE NEXT TIME.

Shawn...my dads car is pretty bad. Alot of the bolt on stuff for the front end is messed up. It also go the frame just a little bit. Thats all I know right now. We just got the car back from it being on Mikey Cullens trailer. They are all over there in the garage trying to get it ready for the 3rd.

Way off Krusty,

Mikey Cullen can drive the wheels off of anything, he has raced many many times at SAS, and I have seen Reeder kick a$$ there too. Hudak and JP, (if he could have made it) are always fast too. I think the one biggest equalizer is the tire sizes. 10" or 8", doesn't matter, but they need to be the same for all the competitors. I think that might have brought the times a lot closer.

It does sound like the race is a big step in the right direction. I didn't get to see this one but am looking forward to the next. Keep up the good work TTOPA!

Mel

#1 Recliner Racer ;)

Thank you Mel. I have to agree with you. My dad has run at SA many times, he has even run there for a full season, and has done very well. This last weekend was just bad luck for us. I would also have to say that Mark Chrudimsky is another that does very good every time he runs there.

Krusty-Rusty-- I think that you are starting something that you wont be able to finish. You have many fans/racers that are not agreeing with you.

Krissy

ok time to put up or shut up GUNDAR. oates was on 10". your comment on the laped car.

it was oates that made it 3 wide. we come down to let himgo. ok to the 5 car if it was tsrs car

why was there no protest on it. if you look at the line up the only tsrs car that started to top 12 was the 1 car.

i will be the first to say it . HE WAS NOT LEAGLE FOR THIS RACE. IT was a tsrs car with SAS rules IT

was posted on the car TSRS... any questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm getting some koozies made for SAS on July 17, but need clip art of a race car, in JPG format. Anyone have, or know of, one I can use?? Sorry to bust this in, but I need to get these ordered & am running out of time. 10 koozies to whomever has one for me. If so, please email to sm1@sbcglobal.net. Thanks.

Archived