thr/sas results

ups88john

thr mod, 71,18,15,48 sas, 5,23,50 i think. brandon bendele was in the 5 car at sas and greg davidson was in the 15 car at thr. 71 had a good run as did 18. congrats to brandon, heard he ran a 19.18 in a tsrs car, good job.

big john

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea big john, top three right, 14 of Cole got kinda scrr....bad racing luck when 10 car blew on last lap and track did not through a caution. Slid in oil on last lap and hit 3rd turn. Had ignigtion problems and came from way back, only to end on a poor note.

Texas challenge really wasn't. Brandon led all night ( big surprise!?!?) Most of the THR/TSRS cars did not do well on the 8" tires. Reeder now has to put his car out to pasture after trying to knock the turn 3 wall down I think after blowing a tire. Very hard lick!!!. Mosty just a SAS extended LM show with the THR/ TSRS cars out there for extra car count. Thanks to all the drivers for showing up.

Guest The_Greek
Yea big john, top three right,  14 of Cole got kinda scrr....bad racing luck when 10 car blew on last lap and track did not through a caution.  Slid in oil on last lap and hit 3rd turn.  Had ignigtion problems and came from way back, only to end on a poor note.  

Texas challenge really wasn't.   Brandon led all night ( big surprise!?!?)  Most of the THR/TSRS cars did not do well on the 8" tires.  Reeder now has to put his car out to pasture after trying to knock the turn 3 wall down I think after blowing a tire.  Very hard lick!!!.  Mosty just a SAS extended LM show with the THR/ TSRS cars out there for extra car count.   Thanks to all the drivers for showing up.

ill agree with you, it wasnt much of a challenge, great turnout of fans, and i believe i counted 24 LM's, i knew when i seen Brandon on the pole it was pretty much over, congrats to him on a great run. it mightve been a heck of a race if they wouldve inverted some of the top qualifiers, maybe they could consider that if they host another race like this. im not all into the tech rules of the cars, but the local SAS cars clearly dominated the field. it was easy to spot cause most of them werent running mufflers, where as the TSRS, THR cars had those awful sounding mufflers. by my recap the finishing order was 5, 23, 50, 97, and 41.

I agree on most points but... Brandon and Joe were both in TSRS cars but that is negated by experience... I did however count somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 or 9 SAS regs that completed the race compaired to the rest... Was a really good show...Crowd had to be largest of the season...

I'm looking forward to GoGirls recap. I was wondering about the results in the other thread. If it said TSRS behind the name, does that mean they ran the 8 inch tires?

basically the top 12 quulifiers ran 10"....from the 1st car w/10"-to the 1st car with 8" there was 9 tenths difference...and then the muffler...i guy spends all this money and time for horsepower just to KKKIIILLLL IIIIITTTTT !!!!!sorry brian,jim,and nick but there has got to be another option...

Shawn,

sorry brian,jim,and nick but there has got to be another option...

Sure there are other opitions. We could close the track. We could [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/20/04] .

Sorry that you are upset, but we are working with the only options we have available at this time.

Nick Holt

i'm not upset nick , i'm just saying it makes it hard for t.h.r cars to compete in ttopa races...i just wish-and hope there will be another solution....

as for the starting grid. Jason oates was the first qualifier on 8" tires. I think he was around 9 or 10. In an earlier post I said the race was boring. That's not to say that anyone was at fault and I am sure further tweaking is in order and will be done. Keep trying. Also the 8 car from TSRS did supply a lot of excitement although I'm not sure that the saying ""rubbin is racin" means that rubbing is actually required. I'm pretty certain that using your front bumper on every car you are in range of is not the intended way of racing.

Ummm....what race were you guys watching?I saw three TSRS cars and four SAS cars dominate the show.Look at the finishing order that was posted.There is no way you could have made those two classes of cars any more competitive.Congrats to all involved.Now if there is a way to help out the THR and HMP cars a little more,this could be the show of the year(each year).

i'm not upset nick , i'm just saying it makes it hard for t.h.r cars to compete in ttopa races...i just wish-and hope there will be another solution....

Shawn, a well designed exhaust system with a racing muffler is capable of making as much horsepower/torque as a straight pipe system and more power than a straight pipe system with no crossover. The SAS sportsman cars aren't allowed any type of crossover pipe or 2 into 1 pipes. If we are lucky enough to run at SAS during Oktoberfast, we'll keep the muffler with no reservations.

cs

as for the starting grid. Jason oates was the first qualifier on 8" tires. I think he was around 9 or 10. In an earlier post I said the race was boring. That's not to say that anyone was at fault and I am sure further tweaking is in order and will be done. Keep trying. Also the 8 car from TSRS did supply a lot of excitement although I'm not sure that the saying ""rubbin is racin" means that rubbing is actually required. I'm pretty certain that using your front bumper on every car you are in range of is not the intended way of racing.

Are you sure the #0 car of Jason Oates ran 8' tires? I thought he was a San Antonio Late Model... The first car on the grid with 8' tires was Ronnie Smith in the #1 car. He was the only one with 8' tires to break a 19 second lap... All the 8' tire cars were off a good second to the fast 10' tire guys...Tim

Any driver who thought they were going to compete on 8 inch tires vs 10 were very wrong. Another thing Jamie fuller tested at the track on 8 inch tires to see how close it might be.... duuuuu jamie did not race, guess he figured it out. other than that larry bendele posted some of his fasted race laps all year the car was perfect. the tsrs cars done right are the dominant cars.

done right????by who's rules....they did right by putting 10" on and brandon in the car....i'm sure next time you won't see any 8"....

jason oates was in a sas l.m. and running 10"...

he was down on horse power that will be changed i assure you, it does not matter anyway i would put oates or bendele against anybody. bottom line jason is puttin his efforts into justin.

crazyhorse I was just wondering why anybody thought the 8 inch tire was going to compete, I wished everybody would have had a 10 inch tire the racing no doubt would have been all-around better.

Crazy Hoarse, robert barker has one 2 racres in his tsrs car at sa, joe i think has one three in his tsrs car , now its brandon in lloyds tsrs car how many tsrs cars have to win in order for you to be convinced. larry bendeles handle on here is PACECAR ask him who he thinks has the advantage and what car he would drive if givin the chance it would be a tsrc car period. and i think larry would know.

larry bendele posted some of his fasted race laps all year the car was perfect.

Not a bash....(at least not trying to be)..... If Larry's car was perfect and the fastest that it had been all year...?!?!?!? What do you call Brandon's car?

GUNAR......some people didn't have money to go out and buy 10" tires for the race. The race was a little short notice don't you think. So stop with the 8" tire talk already. And also the race maybe would of been better if they would of inverted like they were going to. And don't say they weren't going to cause when Mike posted this race to begin with, he said inversions will be no more than 8. So if you wanted to see a better race then they should of inverted.

WildRacer i think next time after the race you need to ask brandon if he was in the 23 and larry in the 5 car if he still could have dominated let me tell you the answer. no. could brandon still have one maybe, but it really would have been a good race. PS BRANDON COULD WIN ON A MOPED.

Archived