thr/sas results

ups88john

JAMIE 37 , I thought there were a lot of good race car drivers there saturday, I applaud everyone who came to race, However If you cant afford to change over, I would not have shown up in fear of getting my doors blown off. not a bash,I think if reeder would of had 10 inch he would have been right there with them ,along with several other people. this is just facts if brandon would of had 8 inch tires I dont Believe he would have won, secondly he would not have raced if he had to run the smaller tire. look the race is over ,I hope everyone learned so they can come back next year and really put on a good show. I AM SERIOUS IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO MAKE THE RIGHT CHANGES WHY WOULD YOU EVEN SHOW UP. WHO IS THAT REALLY HURTING.BECAUSE YOUR NOT GOING TO WIN OR EVEN PLACE IN THE TOP FIVE. GOOD LUCK TO ALL NEXT TIME.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jamie -

I went back and found what they wrote about the line up and it is below.

I guess the draw was to invert none.

This race is a non-sanctioned and non-points event. No other licenses or registrations are required. 125 Laps total length with 2 segments and 20-minute intermission. Segment 1 will be 75 laps with yellow flag laps counting. NO more than 30 total yellow flag laps will count during this segment. 20-minute intermission for fuel and chassis adjustments. Any adjustments requiring use of jack, forces car to rear of field. NO tire changes except for flats. All changed tires will be impounded for inspection and forces car to rear. Deliberate damage to tire will result in a 1-lap penalty for each tire. Segment 2 will be 50 green flag laps with a green/ white/ checkered finish. Qualifying order will be random pill draw. Starting Line-Up is time qualified with an invert of no greater than 8 cars using a random draw. All cars must start race on tires that were used for qualifying. Post race inspection of top 5 cars. NO PROTESTS are allowed. All finishing/scoring results are final.

Nick, I think your wrong, Hey here is an idea ask brandon and then ask larry.

Dear Brandon,

One of your supporters has told us that you could win a LM race on a moped. If so, please advise. If the answer is yes, we would like to hold the race at a neutral track - say Thunder Hill Raceway. And if anyone wants to bet on the Brandon Moped #8 winning, I will be taking bets of no less than $100 please.

Dear Larry,

Mathew Oates claims that Brandon could win a LM race on a moped. Do you think this is correct? If so, would you be so kind as to place a bet with me ($100 minimum bet ,please, if you are not setting up the moped - all bets off if you are.)

Nick Holt

HEY NICK ITS MATTHEW HOWELL NOT OATES, ALTHOUGH IT REALLY DOES NOT MATTER. SAY BRANDON WE MIGHT JUST WIN SOME MONEY.

this is just to fun always good to have a laugh nowand then, But i will retract my statement about brandon winning on a moped, uuuuhhhh how about a TRICYCLE.

Kathy......they didn't even draw to invert. They just decided after about 10 cars practiced on Friday that they weren't going to invert. That seems kind of fishy to me. It seems that they saw how good certain people ( no names ) were running and decided not to invert.

GUNAR......just because people can't afford to make the changes for one race doesn't mean they are going to get there doors blown off. My dad was up to like 9th or something before he got in the wall. Racing isn't just about being up there in the top 5 it's about having fun too. Some people didn't want to have a weekend off so they decided to go up there and race. Some of the guys knew they weren't going to win but they just wanted to go and have fun and thats what they did.

Matt,

HEY NICK ITS MATTHEW HOWELL NOT OATES, ALTHOUGH IT REALLY DOES NOT MATTER.

Just having some fun with ya.. I'd like to have a $100 bill for everytime someone has called me Nick Upchurch.. LOL

Nick

jamie37,

Kathy......they didn't even draw to invert. They just decided after about 10 cars practiced on Friday that they weren't going to invert. That seems kind of fishy to me. It seems that they saw how good certain people ( no names ) were running and decided not to invert.

Sometime about mid-week last week I talked to Mike Sepich at length about the inverting issue. At that point he had already decided to start heads up based on time trials. This was well before Friday practice.

Nick Holt

Gunar,

I saw a few CArs that had TSRS on the Window , but they

We running the SAS carb with 10 inch slicks.

I guess they were going by the SAS rules for that race, but everyone keep saying they were a TSRS car.

WE raced a car with 8" slicks this weekend, and we will not do that again.

So what you are getting at is that Racing a San Antonio race like this one should be set up so that only the RICH people can run????

I thought that class is Called ROMCO.

TTOOPPA needs to go back to the drawing board if they want to make it fair for all.

It was clear that the THR cars were 1/2 a second off.

It is funny how the top 5 cars were from San Antonio.

NO matter how you look at it the deck was stacked.

Alot of people worked their butts off this weekend,

GUNAR, it is very obvious from you comments that you have never raced at this level.

I am sure that if you made the rules that BRandons MOPED would have a V 8 engine and 10" slicks.

And everyone else would have a normal MOPED.

My hat goes off to all of the teams that worked their butts off this weekend.

Those guys from HOuston sure worked hard to get their car up to speed.

Victory Lane

what i said about jason's car was referring to someone who said it was a tsrs car on 8"...like jamie said the short notice did'nt give alot of guys time to prepare their cars or their wallets for this race...nobody honestly had any idea how the cars would compare(now they do )you won't see 8" tires next time....but it was still a good race..and thanx to all you guys in sa....

I think the times they were running were close to eachother enough to be competitive and inverting the field could have possibly cause a wreckfest. I sure did not want to see the drivers tear up their cars and have a race full of cautions and red flag stops that would have not been fan friendly. Besides this is the first one SAS has put on, it will get better the next time.

Just my .02 cents worth.

hey jamie-i forgot awhile ago,hows your dad ? is the car savagable??i did'nt get to look at it after the race...hope he's not too sore..

VICTORY LANE i ran the street stocks in 1999 8 inch slicks 3200 pnd 350cfm carb turned 20.90 consistently. maybe i should have brought the old junk out. maybe you need to do more double ckecking before you post again on racing at this level comment oh by the way what was your time. just asking you started it.

Victory lane duuu the rules wre set up for sanantonio and some guys not all took the bait there is no way you can get a tsrs weight down by what mike but into the rules, effectively he should not have done that. 2900 pnds please. I know a lot more than you think, thank you Matthew Howell Oh the moped thing really is a joke. really they got ride of the street stock class in sanantonio and the tsrs class was formed shortly after. although it is not a tsrs car it was the closed thing i drove to one at the time. oh jason oates posted a 20.55 on 8 inch slicks 500 cfm carb 3200 pnds in the same car in the oktoberfast 1999.

if you want to go conspiracy about the invert they decided not to invert the cars about mid week, sometime after they picked up sponsorship for the race and nobdody knew that Brandon was going to run a car in the race.

This is going to open up a can of worms, but maybe the THR late models are just slow, because when some of ya'll come to compete with TSRS you generally aren't competing for the victory. One reason maybe you know how to drive one track and one track only.

P.S. If anyone was wondering what driver claimed what rules for the SAS race, it is posted in the results section, it is the last thing that is listed in the row

I think it was a good showing for the first time out. Next time I'm sure more teams will know what to expect and it will be closer racing, and sure think the SAS officials learned some things also.

Another thing, do they let racers know which way to move, in or out at certain tracks, when they are being lapped? I know SAS cars move to the inside. What was the deal with the lapped cars in this race? I'm going to say eventhough you hate to see that, because you know an accidents about to happen, everyone had to be on their feet watching during those tense moments.

krusty_rusty,

This is going to open up a can of worms, but maybe the THR late models are just slow, because when some of ya'll come to compete with TSRS you generally aren't competing for the victory. One reason maybe you know how to drive one track and one track only.

Sounds like you are attempting to start a war here. If I were you I'd start running and ducking.

Before all the rusty bashing starts, let's try to keep this civil, OK? Please? I have done enough babysitting today to win me three Boy Scout Merit Badges.

Nick Holt

Archived