no ign

HiTech

cam retard was 23-......got her to 12- so means i am one tooth off ......dang fat boy does not want to lay across that motor again ,,lol...gotta be on the money ...what ever happend to the old days ..put her where you want her and adjust for it .....

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have moved the rotor one tooth both ways .....clockwise .45 - .counter clockwise back to 12-...cannot get it to 0 or positive period .. ...this is maddening ....i am not up to par on every reading i get ..its passed me .......maybe something there i have not seen ......i may still have a problem with crank sensor area ...p1345a code .. im tired ..but p0341.or 42 .. i think was the other code ....corralation between crank and cam sensor .................its getting to where it will run bad quicker ..im starting to loose start again .....and starting to wonder how i can keep my patience ...cuzl lord knows over two months and im still missing with it .....i feel like i ran 20 races only to finish second in every race by 2 inches ....my head is starting to fall low enough to see my feet . ... that means i have to look past the midsection .and thats way out there .......getting harder to hold it up ......lol...

code p1345 is the dis. is out of time. code p341 is also the dis. is out of time. Ok lets start over find TDC. re stab the dis. after that on the scanner there is a place where you can rest the fuel trim and the cam and crank sensor. rest them before you start the car. After you rest let it idle for a while watch the fuel trim to see how much it goes up or down. then we will go from there.

Think he just restabbed dist. He couldn't get timing to come down... Now it is too low.

Agree to reset and do start/idle...

your right i restabbed it three times ..and have the same reading .or worst ..... i know i have had it right where it belong.s but nommater it wont get below 12 -..and if you move the distributor now it wont change ..the timeing has been on the low side from the beginning , it has not given me a 0 or positive yet .....thats why i restabbed nd restabbed .till my ribs couldnt take it anymore ........now for setting what both of you have mentioned ..im not that up to date with this tech two ..so not sure where to go with that ..or if i did know the readings .....ill take your call tonight when i get back on it ..if you would like to call .and guide me through this ........361..290..2096.......at this moment i have taken time off from it till tonight ..building a cage for my sons front runner ..so im on vacation ..lol ........

97 ..its all new .........

HT,

I'm going to try to take a break this evening and I will try to call you. I know the "being on vacation and working harder than when you are at work thing all to well..." Of 4 1/2 weeks of vacation I have taken thus far this year 0 days were for vacation... :blink::unsure:

I have "been there" with these trucks. My daily driver is very nice, loaded '99 Yukon I bought from a customer becuase they lost patience with fiixing some issues it had. The passlock system was acting up in multiple locations and we could never get a bead on it. We finally replaced the ECM, used a Jet Dynamic Spectrum Tuner to go into the ECM and stop it from looking for the passlock module signal (because the module was bad as well) and now it starts and runs great everytime...besides a leaking pintle on the #8 injector I'm going to retrofit with a MPFI system.

We have seen the igniter cause the issue you are seeing. If the igniter is malfunctioning the spark can be very intermittent and will occasionally (or always) act like the motor is out of time. You also have to remember the computers most basic function is to keep the car running, if it is seeing a timing signal it thinks is out of spec. then it will try and put the timing as close to spec. as it can go. You could also have just a straight up bad ECU, we have replaced numerous ECU’s over the past years in GM vehicles once all the trouble shooting lead back to the ECU and have never had it not solve the problem. We have found that always assuming everything can be bad on a level playing field tends to lead you in the right direction quicker then assuming one part is bad and another never goes bad and working it that way. If you’ve set the timing a dozen times and it’s still not right then look at something else!

I helped with a 98 pick up with the 350 in it and tried chasing the timing and in the manual it said it had to be set at the dealer on the computer. We had it running but not satisfactorly, he took it to the dealer and I guess they flashed toe computer and set the timing. 7 years later everything else on the truck has had to be rebuilt since then.

ok did alittle poking around the internet .....if the dist is one tooth off ..it will be 12- or 12 +;;;; well i dont see how i am missing the mark ..when i have had it pointing at the 8 mark o n dist ...aswell as going both ways one tooth ......this reminds me of the old vorager with the 2.6 four banger ...if you were not right on .you were a million miles off when stabbing the dist ...that was one dist i was good at hitting . friends at dodge called apon me to stab thiers .......lol...so whos good at the chevy .....

HT,

My apologies... We have a deadline that got moved up two weeks which is going to make for long hours till Next Tuesday. I was going to ask if you marked the dist shaft & block, Then mark dist and rotor. Move dist accordingly...

Sorry I didn't call you last night...

Mark

HT,

My apologies... We have a deadline that got moved up two weeks which is going to make for long hours till Next Tuesday. I was going to ask if you marked the dist shaft & block, Then mark dist and rotor. Move dist accordingly...

Sorry I didn't call you last night...

Mark

knucklehead before me changed the dist .... so out with the wind on that ..he didnt mark it ....i can get the dist to line up with the mark .with cap just aboult where it should be give or take a tweak ... ..but that rotor tang is wide you know ..i read aslong as the tang is lined up with the dist pointer number 8 which on this dist points towards number 1 bank... .it should be good .bank 2 side has a 6 pointer ...both 8 and 6 are stamped into the pointer ...after market dist by the looks of it .dont know where it came from its new .. ..........just before i took the tech 2 back .i cleared the codes .......bingo it popped the same codes ive been getting right after start ...ran for 3 minutes and started its misfireing again ...

mrx ......i checked that out when i changed the timeing chain ,, thought aboult that ....it zero.s out ..SET THE DIST WITH COVER OFF .. ...its ok ,,darn that would have made it to easy .......cant get that lucky ...i inspected the sensor gear and key ways ..didnt see anything broke twisted .beat up or out of wack ......wished i did ...i checked the cover for damage ..hopeing to find something there ..nada ......... thank you ...keep it comeing if you think of anything else ...

A plug exhaust or EGR that is stuck open can cause this problems to . With the scanner look at the EGR it will have EGR actual that should be at 0% if it off 1 or 2% it is open and cause to run bad. if you don't have the scanner you have to pull it off and the bolt you see on the bottom has to be flush almost sticking out a bit. To ck. the CATS. pull the front O2 it should run a little better

A plug exhaust or EGR that is stuck open can cause this problems to . With the scanner look at the EGR it will have EGR actual that should be at 0% if it off 1 or 2% it is open and cause to run bad. if you don't have the scanner you have to pull it off and the bolt you see on the bottom has to be flush almost sticking out a bit. To ck. the CATS. pull the front O2 it should run a little better

now that you mentioned it ...running for a friend and noticed the cat smell ..wind was blowing just right first time i smelt it ....flow seems to be good .but i know ............ill probably just unbolt it ....ill check the egr ....... its just funny how this truck runs so good for a few minutes ......sometimes five or ten minutes .sometimes two or three ........i dont have the tech anymore ..man makes money with it ..so .......

Ok guys, it has been a while since I have touched one of these. Complete shot in the dark (DUCK!!!!) I am thinking either TPS heats up and goes to nil even when open or IAC goes south. Again it has been years so guessing... Also, put fuel pressure gauge back on it to see what it is doing?

I need a vacation day to come see you, I know you have heard that before. We just took on a project and or challenge last evening. Guy has met with several other companies over the past 5 years and has been let down. He has one of those "it can't work because it is too easy" inventions and people haven't taken him seriously. Please pray we can proto-type it, so we can sell it...

WHEN I GET TIME ..IM GOING TO PULL THAT EGR .......MRX GOT ME TO THINKING THIS .SO ITS HIS OR HERS FAULT .LOL.....SEE IF I AM ON TO SOMETHING OR OUT IN LEFT FIELD ......LETS SAY EGR IS STUCK OPEN ......THAT COULD CAUSE THE ECM TO PICK UP A VERY LARGE LEAN CONDITION .RIGHT OR WRONG .[.THOUGH NO CODE FOR ANYTHING LIKE THAT ...] WHICH IN TURN CAN CAUSE THE ECM TO RETARD TIMEING ,AND POSSIBLY RICHEN THE SYSTEM TO OFFSET THE LEAN AND AT THE SAME TIME CANT ADJUST ENOUGH AND THROWS EVERY THING OUT OF WACK .....AND SHUTS DOWN .....WHEN IT GOES NUTS .IT WILL RICH SMOKE SOME ..I COVERED THE EXHAULT PIPE AND SHE IS PUSHING REALY STRONG .WITH NO HISS ....BUT I HEAR A WHISLTE SOUND LIKE A VACUME LEAK AROUND THE THROTLE BODY ..BUT SPRAYED STARTING FLUID AND FOUND NO LEAK ....................................SO SOMEONE TELL ME IF I HAVE LOST MY MIND ..SOMEONE SAID THINK OUT OF THE BOX AND GO FOR SOMETHING NOT IN THE NORM .......THIS TRUCK ISNT NORM .SO THINK THAT WAY ..

On the cats don't go by the flow out of the exhaust. it has two cats one bank could be plug and the other one flowing good.

yep your right ...wasnt thinking aboul that ....im in the wonderland world now ....nothing would sound far fetch now ...

Look I am not a floor sweeper no more I am a tire changer now dose that come with more pay.

well two of us are all time champ ..and havent recieved the check in the mail yet ....sent three years ago ....slow mail man ....may have a yukon like the one i have .and has not got it figured out just yet .....cant blame him if that be the case .

Look I am not a floor sweeper no more I am a tire changer now dose that come with more pay.

well two of us are all time champ ..and havent recieved the check in the mail yet ....sent three years ago ....slow mail man ....may have a yukon like the one i have .and has not got it figured out just yet .....cant blame him if that be the case .

Well lits git yours figured out and then you can find the mailman and fix his and we can all git payed.

Me either, HiTech. And I live in the same house as the guy who is mailing all these checks!

Nick

Archived