no ign

HiTech

Me either, HiTech. And I live in the same house as the guy who is mailing all these checks!

Nick

yep your just a HARD LUCK CASE LIKE THE REST OF US ...ONLY YOU HAVE MORE INVESTED ..THAT MAKES YOU THE ALL TIME CHAMP...

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well? Whats the latest...

took last week off .worked on getting my sons car built ....now im off vacation and have to get back on it ....need to finish it so i can get what money ill make ..and put it towards racen ..besides i needed to get away from it and try to clear my head up ..now i know what i want to check out ..makes it hard now when i need the tech two .and its not here nore is the truck over there ..

ah.... Well lets hope that the time away will bringnew ideas. I got three new projects at the end of last week. then boss calls Friday late afternoon and says we need to talk this week about some more work.... boy howdy!

i have a game plan ..wether it works out that way ... who knows ..

ah.... Well lets hope that the time away will bringnew ideas. I got three new projects at the end of last week. then boss calls Friday late afternoon and says we need to talk this week about some more work.... boy howdy!

i have a game plan ..wether it works out that way ... who knows ..

Come on May Mile....

well worked on it some today ....started it up .and it didnt run good ..dang .....got to thinking out of the box ..thought just maybe .........if i can get er to run by itself for just a minute .ill jump under it and wiggle the crank sensor wires ......well i did get to run long enough ,as it was sputtering .this old fat man through himself under the front and wiggled the wires ..and low and behold she smoothed right out ...took my finger off and went to running bad .put it back on and she smoothed out ........so ill have to find another plug ..i changed it once ....i dont mind changeng it again if it will fix it .......once i find another .........

This is what I would do. Break the plastic away to expose the pins and solder straight to them. Then encapsulate them in silicone. Thats what I have done before. Then I would drink a beer. And I have also done that before.

This is what I would do. Break the plastic away to expose the pins and solder straight to them. Then encapsulate them in silicone. Thats what I have done before. Then I would drink a beer. And I have also done that before.

dang will .great minds think alike ..just thinking that aboult ten times tonight ......seeing i have changed this once already .. figured that would be a good way to go ...this guy dont care how i get it running .and now neither do i ..just get it running... SURE WILL BE HAPPY WHEN THIS THREAD IS CLOSED ...

ok mark ...got back on this thing ........cut the old plug off went with new pins on the crank sensor .. .fired right up .didnt before .. .....let it run till it started running bad again ...got under it put alittle pressure on the sensor and she would smooth right out .....take finger off .run bad or die .. i noticed the sensor lock down plate wasnt pushing up on the sensor tight....so i made a spacer dont ask how and where i put it ..seemed to work for awhile ..but the same old story ...the problems are at the sensor .....i have a new cover .im going to put on .and im going to get the owner to go buy a new gear and sensor ........has to be one of em ......boils down to it getting to much clearance from the sensor to crank ...aslong as i push it alittle into the cover .it will run ...so if anyone has seen this .which one is the problem ........or is it all three parts ..i saw no damage to that gear when i changed the chain ....

HT,

Not too brag, but when Will and I hang out it's never less than a 12 pack... :lol:

Out of that 12 pack Will only gets 2. :lol::lol:

Ok, now here's the deal. Mark always has these really cool beers. Which I really enjoy. And I kind of feel bad when I offer him a beer from my ice chest because its always natty light. But he seems to like them :lol:

I would replace just the plastic cover (should be changed anytime it is removed... says so right on the front of it.) look at the reluctor wheel when you get it apart and check it for any cracks or damage to the drive key. I don't think you can get it on there backwards but the pickup side goes to the front. there's not much that ever goes wrong with them, most of the time the only problem is that people forget to put them back in there . though you did say that you replaced the chain? and if so you did make sure the new timing set was the right one. because there is a thick set and a thin set. roughly .125 different.

HT,

Not too brag, but when Will and I hang out it's never less than a 12 pack... :lol:

Out of that 12 pack Will only gets 2. :lol::lol:

Ok, now here's the deal. Mark always has these really cool beers. Which I really enjoy. And I kind of feel bad when I offer him a beer from my ice chest because its always natty light. But he seems to like them :lol:

Will the natty light is great... Matter of fact when we come in May I'll bring some...

HT,

wow you got me? I almost need a picture. I cant believe it is that sensative.

Mark

I would replace just the plastic cover (should be changed anytime it is removed... says so right on the front of it.) look at the reluctor wheel when you get it apart and check it for any cracks or damage to the drive key. I don't think you can get it on there backwards but the pickup side goes to the front. there's not much that ever goes wrong with them, most of the time the only problem is that people forget to put them back in there . though you did say that you replaced the chain? and if so you did make sure the new timing set was the right one. because there is a thick set and a thin set. roughly .125 different.

yep daniel i found out aboult the chain and gear set when i bought the first one ...i did match it up with the factory ...and replaced all three ...i looked that reluctor over back to front front to back and upside down till my face turned blue . now not haveing seen one before on a chvey like this .and not haveing a new one to look over .chevy didnt have one instock at the time .....i decided it was in good shape .and checked the keyways.now was that a good decision .. who knows ..and yes i have revisited that decision over and over .... i have revisited this whole darn mistake i made in taking this job over ..but its done and i cant take that back ..i wanted to change every thing the first time .but this wasnt the problem it wouldnt run when i got it ..plugged fuel injectors from someone loading her tank up with dirt and something else i havent figure out .....then after this happened .......yah know the rest is history .....

just checking dont want you to do allot of work pulling the front off of that thing and missing something like that. sounds like you just need a new cover, I've got some in stock if you need one today.

glad you chimed in ...i have one now bought it the other day .thanks for the offer . the way this thing is acting .looks like thats a problem ...seeing i can put pressure on the sensor and keep her running ...but is that the problem or the sensor .or the reluctor ..or ..i dont know if there is a way to check the clearance between the sensor and reluctor .i have looked for that info with no luck ....and changing that cover wont be nothing to me compared to what i have done ..thats a picnic ..lol heck ill take the trans and four tires off of it if that would fix it ...man thats a thought ..that would suit me just fine .and this thread could close ......and someone else could learn from it i hope .....with no cost to them ....ill take the cuts scratches broken fingernails .sore back .sleepness nights .and all for all of you out there if that is what it takes ...but i would love for this to end .i have to much time and some money invested in this darn truck to just throw it under the rug ....i hate to lose ...

and 97..you think thats going to help ..........lol..besides thats tooooooooooooooooo symple ..

well looks like this thread can close ...............changed the timeing cover and seems to have fixed it ..hour run time .and no problems ....this was not the only problem it had .but what a chase ..i think i can now cross the finish line 200 laps down but a win anyway ........i have to say THANKS TO SO MANY FOR YOUR HELP... KINDNESS and THE BIG ONE PATIENCE ..I DONT HAVE MUCH OF THAT IN RESERVE ANYMORE ...LOL ..THE OWNER IS JUMPING UP AND DOWN ....HE WANTED TO KNOW WHAT HE OWED ME ....THE BIGGEST THING HE OWED ME WAS GET THAT TRUCK OUT OF MY DRIVEWAY AND SIGHT ,,,,I FIGURE I HAVE NEARLY 227 HOURS IN THIS TRUCK ...I CANT CHARGE HIM FOR THOSE HOURS ...HE WAS HAPPY WITH MY PRICE .I WAS HAPPY JUST TO GET IT GONE ......AGAIN THANKS ALOT ................

I ALSO WANT TO THANK NICK FOR PUTTING UP WITH ALL OF THIS AND WORKING HARD TO KEEP SPEEDZONE RUNNING ....

Archived