2 x 2 Racing Daytona

wheelchair49

Congrats to Trevor Bayne and the Wood Brothers. Good to see an underdog win a race. Overall the race was "Ho-Hum". Mikey Waltrip still can't keep his car under control. JR fans at our Daytona party had lots of "excuses" for how his day was going. And now all the drivers and spotters are buddies and talking to each other and hooking up and all "Palsy-Walsy" and BFF's. Good Lord, what's going on here??? How about you just let all 43 drivers hold hands and skip across the finish line and everyone gets a first place trophy. Cause remember in our Politically Correct world of the future there are no losers, everyone is a "Winner". Looking forward to March 5th at THR. Time for some real racing. Just my 3 cents. Lenny66 B)

Hey Lenny! Great comment. I agree.

So you must be a fan of his? And Jr I guess? Facts are facts, he wouldnt have. Every driver should be rewarded for his or her entire season, not just the last few races if your lucky enough to get in. I bet you never see this type of point structure at any short track.

LOL... Not a fan of either just making a point. Just tired of people playing in fantasy-land because they feel their driver is getting shafted... If you ever raced for points you might understand. I'm pretty sure when you go to whatever track you goto you care more about the win and your $XXX payout than where you are in the points. Simple comparison Cut down a tire, go a lap down you pull off. If your in the points you put a tire on and hope others fall out to gain spots and points. Two totally different thought processes...

Jimmie and Chad are the best driver/crew combo out there currently and until they are broken up there won't be much changing at the top because they are smarter than everyone else. For instance until Kyle Busch becomes more consistent and use his head more he will never win a championship.. You don't drive for points for a system that doesn't exist at the current time. To try to compare what he did to what he might have, could have, would have, should have done is asinine because you will drive differently under different parameters. Case in point Jimmie over since 2006 has 35 wins I believe 13 of those wins came in the chase more than double that of any other driver that has made the chase since 2004... Fact.

BTW there are all kinds of different point structures at local tracks some like the chase some not... Like being able to drop one two races. Being able to drop a race or 2 from the first 75% of the season then unable to drop after that point.(I-37) Taking your best 30 finishes over your first 55 starts (IMCA) Just to name a few that dont use straight forward plain vanilla point standings... They are all different and all require different strategy.

You dont know me at all do you. When I race, whatever it may be at the time, I am racing for the win that night and for season points. I want it all and will try to take it every chance I get. I am always cheing to see where I am in the points when I run a full season of anything.

I still think he didnt deserve them. And that will never change in my mind. I dont have a favorite driver. I really dont care who wins in NASCAR. I just like to see the driver that deserves the win get the win. That is all. Now off to more important things in life.

Archived