DISTRACTED ?

Budman

MAN IT DOESN"T SAY WE CANT LEAVE THE BLUETOOTH HOOKED UP ON ECO STOCK, WHY INVEST IN RADIOS WHEN YOU HAVE BLUETOOTH

IHAVE ALWAYS HEARD YOU CANT FIX STUPID ......THOUGHT THAT WAS A MIST .......WELL SENSE TEXTING CAME ALONG ..SURE HAVE CREATED ALOT OF STUPID POEPLE .........YOU KNOW I DONT WORRY A.BOULT DRUNK DRIVERS ANYMORE ..YOU CAN TELL WHEN YOU COME ACROSS ONE ..

..... I HAVE TO WORRY MORE ABOULT THE STUPID POEPLE ..... HERE IS A BUMPER STICKER IDEAL ...

FORGET THE DRUNKS ....TEXTER AND PHONE HEAD ON BOARD ......

Sorry to see that JWm.

Funny you should post that pic.

Here is one of my wife's car from about 3 years ago. An 18 yr. old male genius, while talking on his cell phone decided he needed to make a sudden right turn .................... from the left lane ............ in his 3/4 ton truck, right across her port - bow.

post-1274-1295452608.jpg

These things really burn me up. I was doing 68 she was doing at least 80 - when she drove into me I looked over and the iPhone was square in front of her face. When the gal and I both got stopped - she STILL had the iPhone in her hand! I kept my cool - they are after all called accidents for a reason. The trooper informed her "this is the reason why one should not phone or text while driving - too easy to be distracted" the gal responded with "when I text I am a BETTER driver because then I know I have to be more careful".

I lost it and said "so either you very carefully tried to run me into the creek or you're so stupid you shouldn't even be allowed to leave the house let alone drive" - the trooper politely ushered me back to my car - trying not to laugh the whole way.

She got cited for distracted driving, failure to maintain lane, child not in child seat, and no insurance card (she is insured though).

Oh well I get my car back probably by next tuesday - found the wheels are discontinued so I will either have to put my stock ones back on or buy three to match whatever I can get...

But you learn something every day ... I didn't know the 98 Firebird had fiberglass door skins - thats a chunk of her passenger door in the tire bead!

friend of mine just got his car back from the body shop....$7000 worth of damage.......girl hit him while talking on her cell ...funny this thread isnt getting much attention lol ..must mean most of speendzone readers are guilty... so they are keeping thier mouth shut .....

Could be H/T, but it is a serious matter. We've all seen them, talking on their phones, driving like drunks, and they seem to have no clue. I've personally had to dodge a bunch of them. We probably all have. We (my wife and I) are still paying for that wreck. We bought the car new in '99. Great car by the way. It was very well maintained, garaged every night, everything worked, in near pristine condition, even with 51K miles on it. I figured we'ed keep it several more years.

As far as the insurance company was concerned it was a 9 (model) year old used car. They totaled it and gave us duddelly for it. I looked around at a bunch of used cars. Couldn't find anything that compared. We ended up using the settlement as a down payment on a new car for her. CRAP!

I've also attended a funeral for a guy who was the victim of a driving phone talker. The talker made a sudden lane change, forcing him head-on into on-coming traffic, met a big pick-up in his little sports car, killed instantly. Very sad deal.

bud thats sad .but this happens more and more ..there is two jurys i wont mind sitting on..........drunk drivers and phone heads who hurt others for their stupitity

guilty will be my judgment ...i dont have any mercy .......my son carrys a phone at all times .and i am very glad he will not pick it up while driveing ..he will pull over if he needs to take the call ..as with me ..very rare for me to answer my cell while driveing ..and if i do .i say very little and get off or i pull over ....thats a fact ...i never drove when i was drinking .....now to add something ..i see more and more police driveing around with cell stuck to thier ears ...had a lady friday pass me in a 15 mph school zone .talking on her phone ..she never slowed down ..30 pluspmh ....now this school zone is very long ..she passed car after car for 7 blocks .and never got the message .......

I use bluetooth - a headset mostly but in the goat and in the 57 it comes in on the radio. Even then if the conversation is such that I have to use grey matter - I pull off just to focus on the conversation (and eliminate the wind noise that my hearing aids seem to like more than voice).

Most are not jumping in on this because they know what you all are saying is right. Why beat a horse to death. I believe most who are around racing in one way or another all know that driving takes 100 percent attention at all times even on the pace lap. People that text and yak on cell phones don't subscribe to Speedzone or don't read it. There was a video circulating a while back of an accident caused by a texting driver where he ran across the centerstipe headon into a large truck. In the process his body was cut in half. I think they pulled the video off the internet as it was gross to say the least.

Archived