Congrats to Kevin Hav-a-wreck....the REAL points champion

rebelracewriter

The empty seat count was lower at the end of the season and all season long this year, just think if the economy had NOT tanked.

Seriously I did not want nascar to change the points system - they did and now having the points being a free for all discussion is more frustrating than herding cats. So leave it to even out over time statistaclly before ya find excuses for changing it yet again!

And believe it or not the fans were clamoring for more excitement in the points. NASCAR delivered. That's what a successful multi bil industry does! Success being measured in $ - not warm fuzzy feelings of utopian racing theory...

Old system, new system it really doesn't make any difference the racing is boring ,cookie cutter tracks,cookie cutter cars and boring drivers I would like to thank etc.etc.It's sad

very much agree.

but i will say i am a harvick fan. i belief he is (in my opinion) a racers racer. he says and does things just under the radar in the gray area, and is very far from the cookie cutter image. he might be a lttle smug,but that is cool. RCR could not have made a better choice to put in that car in 2001.

for the first time in many, many years i was actually pulling for somebody to win, not just sying "anybody but johnson".

If you would by the old points system Harvick would have won it by 285 points over Jimmy Johnson. Hamlin would have been 3rd over 400 points back. Sounds to be like Harvick put a spanking on them this year and all he has to show for it is a 3rd place finish by this chase crap-o-la!! For all you JJ lovers if you would still go by the old points system he would have only won ONE championship. If you could that into perspective you would see JJ is not the best out there over the whole season. Just one, not five that makes him look like he can run away with this thing every time. Throw out this chase bull and go back to rewarding who did the most the whole season long.

Archived