Ok trucks here we go

legfixr

Gunnar its probably the better solution just ask Neal he is having a blast and if I keep bending momma's arm I might have a drag car my self in the future.

But the thing that has me laughing about this whole post is the one person who has been the most vocal about these rules hasnt raced a truck in 3 or 4 years he just talks about it and always has excuses as to why hes not there. So why dont the real truck racers who race on a regular basis discuss this issue not the supposed.

I know you are joking, but I have a caged Mustang for sale if you decide to go that route... ;)

WELL I STARTED THE POST AND PROBERLY SOME WISHED I HADN"T. BUT IT HAS LED TO SOME VERY INTERESTING VIEWS AND INFO.

JUST MY LAST PART. LAST YEAR WAS MY FIRST YEAR. I PURCHASED TRUCK WITH A BUMP STOP SETUP. DIDN"T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN EITHER ONE. NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE OUT THERE SEEMED TO KNOW A LOT ABOUT BUMPSTOP SO I PLANNED TO CHANGE TO TRADITIONAL SETUP ANYWAY, JUST TO GIVE ME EVERY ADVANTAGE I COULD TO OFFSET MY LOW SEAT TIME. PERSONALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT YEAR NO MATTER WHAT THE RULES ARE. REALLY ENJOYING THE RACING AND THE PITS, AND THIS FORUM.

HEY CHASSIS GUYS LOVE IT. MO MONEY, MO MONEY.

Well its in RED now for 2011 boyz so get to the bone yard. NO racing sway bars allowed!

Brad, Jack answered the interpretation of this rule last year. Nothing has changed on his interpretation. Let it go, please.

LET IT GO, JACK TOLD ME TO PUT THE STOCK ONE ON!!! I was a new truck and he said thats how it needs to be. He said next year they may allow racing sway bars but I could not have one since I didn't start at the beginning of the year with one.

ok now i am confused, I read the rule and it says one thing but the techman interpreted it a different way. Can we have a clarification on any other rules that are written in the rule book but are subject to a different interpretation. I would like to start building my car but need to know what interpretations to build them by. I would be pretty upset if I spent as much as some guys and then got dq'ed because of a spur of the moment interpretation. Maybe I will stick with eco's those rules seem pretty black and white, who wrote them?

"Rules by Internet Discussion" rarely, if ever, work. I know it's lots of fun to tear up tracks, rules and rules-makers in public. We all have our likes and dislikes when it comes to rules.

If you seriously want to get a rules clarification, CONTACT JACK SANDERFUR.

If you want to bitch about a rule, CALL JACK SANDERFUR.

If you want to use the forums to demand a clarification about this or that rule you're wasting your time and just stirring the pot because Jack rarely, if ever, gets on the internet to discuss this or that rule, or this or that DQ, or this or that anything. I thought I made that clear early in this thread. And I know John Mandabach did as well.

But if you want to calmly discuss the relative merits of rules without calling the rules-makers out, then this is the place.

Thanks.

Nick

Not saying this is happening, but......

Suppose I run a BB/ss setup on bumps and the rules call for a shock that doesn't really lend itself to the bump-type setup - pretty much like last year's truck rules. But I've learned from the "big boys" that tie down shocks really add a lot to a bump-type setup. I mean a lot, but those pesky, cheap shocks just don't work as good as some of those really good tie-down shocks.

And suppose I have some money that's burning a hole in my pocket. So I go to one of a few shock builders who don't mind bending the rules as long as the customer is paying, and he/she builds me a set of tie down shocks inside the same "cheap" shock body everyone else is running. Of course, that costs me a bunch more than I would pay for an expensive set of tie down shocks, but, hey, now my nose stays down the whole way through the turns and keeps the air out to provide me with some very nice aero downforce, which is the real reason for running a BB/ss setup anyway.

Again, not saying this is happening. Just saying...

Nick

in the hmp truck rules there is a claim process if you feel the #1 truck has some "high dollar "shocks"" (btw they are not shocks they are dampeners) then number #2 truck can claim "purchase" said shocks for $500 if truck #1 elects to spend $3000 dollars then thay will loose $2500.......if they refuse the claim then "see penlty" if joe blow wants to run a pair of 3000 lbs spings in the front and a pair of 100 lbs springs in the rear or a "bump" set up "coil bind" set up "bbss" setup "an old school" setup a "dirt track" setup who cares they still have to go to the end of the straight away and turn left how you do it should be up to you. if you dont have the knowlege or experience to do it better than "that" guy do more home work go to nicks class buy a steve smith book, pay some one to do it for you or keep trying. even if there are two racers on the track some one wins and some one is last. i dont understand the "YOU CANT" part of racing. Having more talent, working harder than the average bear, or even more heart should never be penalized, but america does have obama as the preszzzzz. i dont get the every body should get a trophy attitude, i give all my 2nd and 3rd place trophys to kids at the track all it does is remind me that i wasnt good enough that day...just a little venting have a great 2011 see all the dirt dobbers at the grand.....have a nice day!

Archived