Shady Oaks 2011 Schedule...

remember..ripper..you brought me in on this..

Engine size is limited to stock 4 cylinder for make and model.

so letting a v6 win is in line with the rules?

How about the super i saw with aluminum wheels....

or how about the one I saw on the wrecker last race with lower control arms that compress...

and I agree....I can listen and tell a few farm trucks have more motor than me...course...I have had a 500 lift cam that pulls 18" vac... so just cause someone can pull vac does not mean there stock..

I have not seen one car pull a head this year...

sorry...I have seen good tech...just not lately...just my opinion....and before you get mad..remember..you had to bring me back up..I would have kept my mouth shut...but not when you call me out...AJ

ha ha ha :lol: i knew it was coming. you and i both know we cant catch everything. we DO try though. if you or anyone else sees something, please, bring it to our attention without pointing fingers. if you think we can do our job a better way, by all means, give us your opinions. we are out there to make things fair for every class, and thats what we are trying to do. so to everyone, (you incuded ;) ) either help us do it better or at least give us the benefit of the doubt that we do our job the best we can.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so letting a v6 win is in line with the rules? How many time is this going to come up - that car was DQ'd on the spot

How about the super i saw with aluminum wheels.... When we have checked the cars that cam through had steel rims - Got to win to come through tech

or how about the one I saw on the wrecker last race with lower control arms that compress... Hmmm if he is on a wrecker guess he didn't come through tech?

and I agree....I can listen and tell a few farm trucks have more motor than me...course...I have had a 500 lift cam that pulls 18" vac... so just cause someone can pull vac does not mean there stock.. Why does everyone talk lift when you discuss cams, it kinda like saying its a 3/4 race cam.

I have not seen one car pull a head this year... We'll I guess I will start than since you want it so bad how about top, I guess I know now which class to start with

sorry...I have seen good tech...just not lately...just my opinion....and before you get mad..remember..you had to bring me back up..I would have kept my mouth shut...but not when you call me out...AJ

so letting a v6 win is in line with the rules? How many time is this going to come up - that car was DQ'd on the spot

How about the super i saw with aluminum wheels.... When we have checked the cars that cam through had steel rims - Got to win to come through tech

or how about the one I saw on the wrecker last race with lower control arms that compress... Hmmm if he is on a wrecker guess he didn't come through tech?

and I agree....I can listen and tell a few farm trucks have more motor than me...course...I have had a 500 lift cam that pulls 18" vac... so just cause someone can pull vac does not mean there stock.. Why does everyone talk lift when you discuss cams, it kinda like saying its a 3/4 race cam.

I have not seen one car pull a head this year... We'll I guess I will start than since you want it so bad how about top, I guess I know now which class to start with

Well it looks like some deeper digging is about to transpire.....lol the old borescope is gonna grow cobwebs... :lol:

Personally a good tech with the proper equipment doesnt need to pull a head. Yes of course it could be more of an inspection and other things checked. But until you see cars walking away from the entire field race after race their isnt a need to pull motors apart. For one I dont thing SOS wants be paying for head removal. Oil Change and Gaskets are not cheap. Plus those damn motors are hot as hell after a race and for a long time. 2nd for the life of me why do people insist on tearing open a perfectly good motor with no problems, it just won let it eat some more before screwing it up. They never run the same if you simply slap it back together so that means to be done properly you have to spend even more money to get it back together. A track needs to have the neccessary tools for a proper inspection. I have been there enough to know they have the proper tools with the exception of pumping motors. Lastly if a tech needs to be pulled then a competitor needs to be the one to step up and post the teardown money not the track requesting it. The track is instantly labeled the bad guy if they insist pulling a head only because a driver won. Sometimes the guy that wins the race is simply the better driver and had nothing to do with the motor. AJ is a perfect example. He has won races with a crap motor but outdrove everyone that night!

Last but not least getting home after 4 in the morning is for the birds and if that continues much more then we will be forced to try somewhere else. Not a choice we want to make but Sunday is already a bitch but its worse when you dont sleep at all Saturday.

Personally a good tech with the proper equipment doesnt need to pull a head. Yes of course it could be more of an inspection and other things checked. But until you see cars walking away from the entire field race after race their isnt a need to pull motors apart. For one I dont thing SOS wants be paying for head removal. Oil Change and Gaskets are not cheap. Plus those damn motors are hot as hell after a race and for a long time. 2nd for the life of me why do people insist on tearing open a perfectly good motor with no problems, it just won let it eat some more before screwing it up. They never run the same if you simply slap it back together so that means to be done properly you have to spend even more money to get it back together. A track needs to have the neccessary tools for a proper inspection. I have been there enough to know they have the proper tools with the exception of pumping motors. Lastly if a tech needs to be pulled then a competitor needs to be the one to step up and post the teardown money not the track requesting it. The track is instantly labeled the bad guy if they insist pulling a head only because a driver won. Sometimes the guy that wins the race is simply the better driver and had nothing to do with the motor. AJ is a perfect example. He has won races with a crap motor but outdrove everyone that night!

Last but not least getting home after 4 in the morning is for the birds and if that continues much more then we will be forced to try somewhere else. Not a choice we want to make but Sunday is already a bitch but its worse when you dont sleep at all Saturday.

For the most part you are right on all the above. The 4 in the morning problem will get better and we will be setting a standard running order and that order will be the same every week. Another thing to help cut back on the time will be heat races, we will not be splitting classes for heats unless there is 12 cars or more. If any class has less than 12 cars in it there will be one heat race for that class. Laps run for heats and features may need to be looked at as well as time frames. We have got to do something different about intermission, the time frame there needs to be cut back, without effecting the go-karts. These are all things that are being worked on but you are going to have to be patient.

On the funny side, I have to agree Aj did win alot of races because he drove a heck of a race. That car last year was by far the ugliest thing anyone had ever seen but man was it wicked fast. I for one must admit I miss seeing that car, the fans got a kick out of that thing with no roof and that small wing on the back. To look at it you would think the car was on it's last leg, but Aj proved that a good looking car doesn't win races....

Archived