Shady Oaks 2011 Schedule...

Keep in mind if you go IMCA sanction for the Sport Mods that the Sport Mod Nationals are the weekend of Labor day and most tracks shut down to support the nationals. Another thing to keep in mind is adding a Sport Mod Reginonal Race, That will pull some extra drivers that weekend. Running other IMCA classes on special show will give you some exposure to those classes also. (Hobbies and IStocks).

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keep in mind if you go IMCA sanction for the Sport Mods that the Sport Mod Nationals are the weekend of Labor day and most tracks shut down to support the nationals. Another thing to keep in mind is adding a Sport Mod Reginonal Race, That will pull some extra drivers that weekend. Running other IMCA classes on special show will give you some exposure to those classes also. (Hobbies and IStocks).

It is all on the list of "to do's". We wouldn't schedule the Sport Mods during the Nationals. We can't shut the track down but to show our support we would not run the Sport Mods.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming. I enjoy hearing and welcome any suggestion anyone has.

t sounds like y'all are gonna be lumped into a "bomber" class and get a payout

sounds like this class is a dying breed as well. thought these were supposed to be SOS farm trucks like TEXANA had hot stock trucks. anyway............. bombers?

i agree kyle, seems like there is no interest in keeping the farm trucks around.

i think you're reading into this the wrong way. it seems to me the idea is to open up a "true bomber" class (like they have been wanting to do) and possibly start a payout for y'all's class (like you all have been wanting). it sounds to me like this would be something you would want, not something you want to bitch about. that's just my opinion, you would have to talk to kelly to get the particulars but.....

i like that there is no payout and prefer it that way. you start offering pay and its no longer the friendly competition that farm trucks are, for the most part.

3 people see it as a parting shot, including drivers in the class, and you have your opinion. if they were trying to build it up, they would have it in the feature races. it seems like it was just cast aside while the track concentrates on getting car counts up for the rest of the classes.

sounds like this class is a dying breed as well. thought these were supposed to be SOS farm trucks like TEXANA had hot stock trucks. anyway............. bombers?

AWW I really hope not. I love racing and I don't mind that we don't get paid for it. I really hope we get to continue racing and I agree Bombers? Are bombers and farm trucks equally matched?? Just asking.

as of right now, the farm trucks would run all over the "bombers" from sts, hell they have already (a white crown vic) the pure stock rules from a few of the other tracks look like they would be competitive. on several threads all you saw was complaints about farm trucks getting paid, this would seem like a great solution. the farm trucks aren't going away, just making a bit of a change for the better

as of right now, the farm trucks would run all over the "bombers" from sts, hell they have already (a white crown vic) the pure stock rules from a few of the other tracks look like they would be competitive. on several threads all you saw was complaints about farm trucks getting paid, this would seem like a great solution. the farm trucks aren't going away, just making a bit of a change for the better

Oh I heard we wouldn't be able to keep up with the "bombers". I haven't seen any of them race. If we are on equal ground then great, as long as we get to race! :lol:

I think if the farm trucks are going to be racing for money I think the tech on them needs to get a little better. Some of them are pretty competive for just the beer and hot dog!

right now there isn't hardly anything to tech, exhaust, and carb is about all there is. they are supposed to pull 16" of vac. @1000rpm. when kelly and jim sit down and make out a full set of rules to include cars, i'm sure the rules will get more specific.

p.s. if the tech wasn't that good, how could you have a competitve field??? the whole idea behind tech is that one doesn't have an advantage over another thus making the field less competitive

i dont think anyone has really complained about the payout....

there have been complaints as to what the rules make the trucks cost....but not on payout. i cant speak for everyone, but im pretty sure. anyway, it is what it is i guess.

the tech comment is right on......ive never had them look under the hood of my truck and imagine they havent looked under anyone elses. im okay with that, because we are racing for free, (well, -25), but if you put money on it, "well then not exactly rule abiding" is not as accepted.

i dont think anyone has really complained about the payout....

there have been complaints as to what the rules make the trucks cost....but not on payout. i cant speak for everyone, but im pretty sure. anyway, it is what it is i guess.

the tech comment is right on......ive never had them look under the hood of my truck and imagine they havent looked under anyone elses. im okay with that, because we are racing for free, (well, -25), but if you put money on it, "well then not exactly rule abiding" is not as accepted.

we look under the hood of every truck that wins. ;)

p.s. if the tech wasn't that good, how could you have a competitve field??? the whole idea behind tech is that one doesn't have an advantage over another thus making the field less competitive

:lol: Some really fast trucks out there for beign stock.

didnt the times ive won.

i guess i wasn't there. we have teched very consistent this year, have told trucks they would be disqualified for exhaust and failure to come through tech at the begining of the year, and not allowed some to race for other safty reasons and will continue to do so. i don't see how the schedule reflects their concern for this class.

This is what the rules say!!!

ENGINE: Must be STOCK with stock engine mounts and be in stock location.

If everyone ran stock engines with stock cams and internal parts.It would be competitive for everyone in the class and nobody would be getting laped during the race.The rules for the Farm Trucks have always been broken.

This is what the rules say!!!

ENGINE: Must be STOCK with stock engine mounts and be in stock location.

If everyone ran stock engines with stock cams and internal parts.It would be competitive for everyone in the class and nobody would be getting laped during the race.The rules for the Farm Trucks have always been broken.

Not by all the trucks :lol:

yeah, by taking us out of the holiday events and all that, it just shows that they are making time for more important classes. same thing with lumping us and the bombers instead of trying to develop the farm trucks as texana has, which seemed to be the model. i dont mind running with bombers, but a rule abiding truck is going to have a tough time.

Archived