Shady Oaks 2011 Schedule...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i guess i wasn't there. we have teched very consistent this year, have told trucks they would be disqualified for exhaust and failure to come through tech at the begining of the year, and not allowed some to race for other safty reasons and will continue to do so. i don't see how the schedule reflects their concern for this class.

True when I got 2nd last race they checked what I pulled in vacuum. Didn't tell me what I pulled, I know it was well in range of what is allowed because I run a stock engine was just curious. I don't know if any of the other guys got that checked??

True when I got 2nd last race they checked what I pulled in vacuum. Didn't tell me what I pulled, I know it was well in range of what is allowed because I run a stock engine was just curious. I don't know if any of the other guys got that checked??

we check everyone the same.

I think the track should consider if any classes current average dips below 10 then they should not be part of any special show or 2 day event. Low cars counts doesnt only effect that class but the rest of the classes hate waiting around the extra time for a 6 car heat race and a 6 car or less feature. Big waste of time and boring as hell no matter what class. As for the farm trucks the counts are nothing like last year so turning them into Bombers so other tracks can come race or give a person a truck car option is great plus the added bonus of a purse? Woow I think focus has been in the farm truck class then any other so take the attention while you can get it.

I think the track should consider if any classes current average dips below 10 then they should not be part of any special show or 2 day event. Low cars counts doesnt only effect that class but the rest of the classes hate waiting around the extra time for a 6 car heat race and a 6 car or less feature. Big waste of time and boring as hell no matter what class. As for the farm trucks the counts are nothing like last year so turning them into Bombers so other tracks can come race or give a person a truck car option is great plus the added bonus of a purse? Woow I think focus has been in the farm truck class then any other so take the attention while you can get it.

because alot of the guys(and gals) showed up with "farm trucks" .. junky old stock trucks they drug out.. like it should have been.. and then they got to the track got lapped in 3 or 4 laps .. its no fun then.. why go play if u have no chance.. thats my opinion on why class use to be big.. and now its small.. like every other class some of them priced the other pple out.. just like super stock and street stock.. any one with any common sense of engines can tell by sound which ones are stock and which ones are not.. i know i can and i also know that some have not been over time.. at some points a few of them could have gave some of the street stocks a run for there money.. like every thing else.. couldnt keep it simple.. gotta win gotta win gotta win.. people cant go just to have fun always gotta be first no matter what the consequences are.. thats my two pennies.. take em or leave em

Okay everyone you can give my phone and text a break now :lol:... Man O man how some things get blown way out of context.

Okay here we go, we are not creating a Bomber class per say. There has been some that have asked about merging the Farm Trucks with a car class. The set of rules that will be used for this class will be equal. By no means would I put cars in with trucks and not make the set of rules equal. You will have a set of rules if you run a Truck and a set of rules if you run a car but they will be adjusted and made equal. At anytime one appears to have an advantage over the other an adjustment would be made. This will allow this class to grow as well as allow those that have a car in another area, similar to these rules, to come in and compete.

The Special Event Classes are chosen by the Sponsors. Most of them have never even heard of a Farm Truck so when I mention Farm Truck they give me the crazy eye :P. Adding the cars to this class and calling it something like Pure Stock or Pure Street will allow me to take that substance of doubt out of there minds when I sell a Special Event to a Sponsor. Bomber is what used to be an entry level class but by looking over the rules a Bomber Class is far from entry level anymore. This class will not be called Bombers so relax a little ;).

On running for a Purse I have to disagree with whomever said no one wants to race for a purse. Setting a Purse for this class has been the biggest request I have had. Not everyone posts on a forum. No offense to those that do post because I think it's great and I enjoy responding but I get more phone calls and email's with opinions and concerns than I get forum posts. There are alot of people that do not like posting on a forum because things get taken out of context and blown way out of shape. It's understandable people would feel that way about posting on a forum because that is what usually happens but I think a forum is a great form of communication.

I have not ruled out putting this class in some Special Events. Get me the car count and I will get you the event, that simple. On the Tech side I can't speak because I have not spent much time with John & Kurt in that area so I can't speak on this subject. What I can say is I have known John or "Ripper" as I call him, long story and alot of beer got him that nickname :lol:, for over 10yrs. and I stand behind his knowledge of cars. John is extremely intelligent when it comes to the automotive side of any piece of equipment. I have spoken with Kurt a few times and he seems to be in the same league as John if not more qualified in some areas. I am honored and proud to have these two guys as my Tech Team and would put them up against any other tracks Tech Team. Now I will say this, being that we are going to be sanctioned with Nesmith on the Late Models and IMCA on the Mods & Sport Mods there will be senior techs coming in to train these two on the proper procedures as well as making trips from time to time to help tech. So I guess what I am trying to say is 2011 we will be stronger on Tech because that is the only way to keep cost down and the field level.

I hope this helps answer some questions and concerns some have. If I can answer anything else please feel free to contact me anytime after 4:00 at the information below.

because alot of the guys(and gals) showed up with "farm trucks" .. junky old stock trucks they drug out.. like it should have been.. and then they got to the track got lapped in 3 or 4 laps .. its no fun then.. why go play if u have no chance.. thats my opinion on why class use to be big.. and now its small.. like every other class some of them priced the other pple out.. just like super stock and street stock.. any one with any common sense of engines can tell by sound which ones are stock and which ones are not.. i know i can and i also know that some have not been over time.. at some points a few of them could have gave some of the street stocks a run for there money.. like every thing else.. couldnt keep it simple.. gotta win gotta win gotta win.. people cant go just to have fun always gotta be first no matter what the consequences are.. thats my two pennies.. take em or leave em

I will take your two cents, I am broke and really need it :lol:. Seriously, I think you have hit a home run with this post. Tech will make or break a track and our Tech will take care of business. As I have stated I have 100% faith in Kurt & John, we will all work it out. But some in this class have stepped way out of the Farm Truck concept. The new rules package and quality Tech will take care of that.

Kelly,

I think the tech guys need a uniform :-) Just for kicks :lol:

I think you always take a person more serious if they are in a uniform :-)

thats alot of material for those uniforms:lol:

ok if u can tell by sound of engine which one is illegal ????

im gonna keep that to myself :ph34r: the point of my post was for a common understanding of why I thought the class and other classes have gotten smaller..not to point fingers

You can tell if one is not stock(after market camshaft) from the sound of it, very easy.

for all yalls coments about the tech, yes he does pull vaccume.and for yalls 4-11 my truck pulls almost 17 inches. one more thing last race when going into tech kurt was checking my truck and he told me there was i think only 1 more truck with a vaccume port so........ what do u do?

we check everyone the same.

Was standing pretty close by when you "Teched" the farm trucks last time and I didn't see the orange one the one that won get anything done.? Not trying to start anything just saying.

let me see. since ive started there has been alot done. when the class was fresh before thr rules i had a stock quadrajet, oh ur cheating, so went with a rochester 2 barrel. ok then my intake was the one thatcame with the motoe in my truck, oh ur cheating so again i found a stock intake. then the biggest deal was my exhaust, jim was at the shop when i built my truck and thought it would be cool, i listened to people talk shit for months saying it was a cheating advantage, same amount of pipe stock manifolds upside down very unique, but once again i had to change them to make someone happy. so my point is for someone to say the TECH GUYS dont check much i think maybe u sholud move a little closer to the booth. thanks

let me see. since ive started there has been alot done. when the class was fresh before thr rules i had a stock quadrajet, oh ur cheating, so went with a rochester 2 barrel. ok then my intake was the one thatcame with the motoe in my truck, oh ur cheating so again i found a stock intake. then the biggest deal was my exhaust, jim was at the shop when i built my truck and thought it would be cool, i listened to people talk shit for months saying it was a cheating advantage, same amount of pipe stock manifolds upside down very unique, but once again i had to change them to make someone happy. so my point is for someone to say the TECH GUYS dont check much i think maybe u sholud move a little closer to the booth. thanks

don't sweat it man, it's just people putting things out here that don't have all the facts. it is nice to have some support, so thanks for that. tech is usually a thankless job. if someone isn't crying about you being hard on them and soft on another, they are telling you that you don't do anything. Kurt and I both take that job seriously so it's rather upsetting to have someone tell you basically " tech is a joke" (aj)(just kidding man) anyway... for my two cents, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. it may not be a great idea to upset the guys in any tech unless you are compleatly, 100%, without a doubt legal. and even if you are, nobody likes having to tear down.

remember..ripper..you brought me in on this..

Engine size is limited to stock 4 cylinder for make and model.

so letting a v6 win is in line with the rules?

How about the super i saw with aluminum wheels....

or how about the one I saw on the wrecker last race with lower control arms that compress...

and I agree....I can listen and tell a few farm trucks have more motor than me...course...I have had a 500 lift cam that pulls 18" vac... so just cause someone can pull vac does not mean there stock..

I have not seen one car pull a head this year...

sorry...I have seen good tech...just not lately...just my opinion....and before you get mad..remember..you had to bring me back up..I would have kept my mouth shut...but not when you call me out...AJ

Archived