Shady Oaks 2011 Schedule...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It looks awesome Kelly!

Thanks Tory, look forward to seeing you and Jessie out there with us. I know in talking with Jessie he is pumped up and excited about 2011. So far there has been a more positive reaction than negative. I think fixing the Purse Structure for 2011 was a huge deal. It also never hurts putting a Schedule out this time of year. Putting it out early gives everyone ample time to prepare and make the changes needed for the following year.

hmmmm a 2 day event on 4th of july weekend feels like u r stepping on a neibhor tracks toes when they have had an anual 4th of july race for a few years.......

but not all classes race at other tracks..... and not all cars go to those other tracks! They have to do what is best for Shady Oaks!

hmmmm a 2 day event on 4th of july weekend feels like u r stepping on a neibhor tracks toes when they have had an anual 4th of july race for a few years.......

but not all classes race at other tracks..... and not all cars go to those other tracks! They have to do what is best for Shady Oaks!

what im sayin is 3 of the 7 or so classes will be racing in edna too and that is the annual sprint race so it seems to be an oxi-moron to some degree for the simple fact that the sprint cars will draw the majority of the fans and thats where the track makes the money that weekend would be the ultimate weekend for another 2 track challenge if thats a possibility but it dont seem to make sence to compete with the sprints for fans JMO

So it looks like the super stocks are gone . True??

Walt, if I'm reading things right, there seems to be a movement among the Super Stock teams to pull things together in that class. Kelly seems to be the sort who is willing to listen to common sense. If the Super Stocks don't make it it'll be because they couldn't band together to get it done.

Nick

I know we tried to get the hot stock truck class at SOS, but it failed and if we were to still run with the super stocks is it possible to keep the class alive. I work every other weekend and this year i couldnt make any races. Next year (2011) with the schedule that SOS is showing i can race those weekends. How many cars do we need to make class for next year? I know i can get 3 trucks there cause i own 4 of them which of them are running at Texana and i can talk to some of the other drivers. :ph34r:

#88 Hot stock truck

I love watching the demo derby but it isn't any fun to watch if it is 2 to 4 cars!

I know what you meen i built 3 cars and brought all 3 with some friends to drive and we were all that showed up. I just think its not advertiesed enough and there has ben some issues with some other guys that use to to it. Personally i would like to see 15+ cars show up there just not alot of people that will destroy a car for nothing.

I know what you meen i built 3 cars and brought all 3 with some friends to drive and we were all that showed up. I just think its not advertiesed enough and there has ben some issues with some other guys that use to to it. Personally i would like to see 15+ cars show up there just not alot of people that will destroy a car for nothing.

I hear that.... maybe you should talk to some of the other demo derby guys that you might know and see if you can get them to all agree to go on a certain date and let Kelly know. I am sure some people might pull together some $ I know I would pitch in some money, my kids love to watch all the cars wreck into each other! It is kindof sad to say but that is why the kids like to go to see cars wreck. :-P

I hear that.... maybe you should talk to some of the other demo derby guys that you might know and see if you can get them to all agree to go on a certain date and let Kelly know. I am sure some people might pull together some $ I know I would pitch in some money, my kids love to watch all the cars wreck into each other! It is kindof sad to say but that is why the kids like to go to see cars wreck. :-P

hell yeah im 25 now and i still like to see wrecks lol

i know its preliminary and all that, but we dont get to run ANY of the main events?! ;(

appreciate all the work youre doing though kelly.

No love for the crowds favorite class!!!!! :unsure:

thats what i thought! thats what ive heard!

of course im partial.

it sounds like y'all are gonna be lumped into a "bomber" class and get a payout

Archived