football

supertx

On another topic on speedzone debbie said that racing could not stand up to football ,I've heard this but yet I know only one person that goes to high school or for that matter any football games.I talk to an average of about 20 people a day in my job so lets take a poll over the next week ask everyone you talk to how many go to football games and how many then post here .Maybe all my friends and customers are just racers lets see.

On another topic on speedzone debbie said that racing could not stand up to football ,I've heard this but yet I know only one person that goes to high school or for that matter any football games.I talk to an average of about 20 people a day in my job so lets take a poll over the next week ask everyone you talk to how many go to football games and how many then post here .Maybe all my friends and customers are just racers lets see.

I go to an average of 4 HS games a year.When playoffs start Iusually go to 2-3 depending on the teams and where they play. Saw the Gilbert kid from Lake Travis a couple of times,Horns fans,not to worry!

Sorry Joe, but Texas has always been a ball state. Football has always had a bigger following of locals than racin. Me personally, I can care less for the longhorns and all the other college sports. As for highschool, there are alot of students in highschool, and thus lots of parents and family that follow the sport. All though the local racing is going more and more to the "younger" generation, there just isnt as many as the half million high school football players. JMO

In most small towns football is the only entertainment the young people have. Most spend the week getting a date set up or go to the game to meet someone after the game there are always partys. Almost all towns have a high school not all towns have a race track. I will agree I would much rather go to a race anytime. JMO

Cory I understand that football is larger just in the amount of people that play but out of all the people that I know and do business with there is only one that goes to games.I believe that here in Tx that the fall could be better for spectaors racers and the tracksJMO.Thats what the poll is about

Joe, the problem is not with the racers and the hard core race fans. Its the casual fans who would much rather stay home in a warm comfortable easy chair and watch TV football for free on a Saturday night, than to bundle up, leave the house and spend the money to bring the family out to the track. Those are the fans local racing has to compete with football for. That is a tough sell.

Joe, the problem is not with the racers and the hard core race fans. Its the casual fans who would much rather stay home in a warm comfortable easy chair and watch TV football for free on a Saturday night, than to bundle up, leave the house and spend the money to bring the family out to the track. Those are the fans local racing has to compete with football for. That is a tough sell.

they'd never make it with ME, buddy! :lol:

i've been from one weather-related extreme to the next just to be there and see the action on the racetrack in person. i can't remember a single time i did anything like that for football...i love NFL and i've recently begun an education on college football (i never followed it before-and i'm "learning" to be a 'horns fan lol), but i wouldn't go freeze my behind off or approach heat-stroke status for it...

my opinion: it's all in what u love more...

and, joe..i'll ask my customers, too..i'm interested, as well, to see what comes of ur poll.

ive gone to two high school football games in the last two years ..before that ...i had to go back in the 60.s and i dont remember what year those were ........ i remember when way back there seemed to be a racar on every local streets ..or gas station .drag or round track ..now your lucky to see one on a trailor being hauled to a local track ....out of sight out of mind ...

Our local high school does not have enough money to buy books - the kids are not allowed to take their books home.

But they DO have a nice new 2.8 million dollar football stadium that costs at least 1000 per month in electricity at a minimum (I know how much it costs per light based on my own properties and did some math).

This says it all!

Texas IS a ball state - usually and unfortunately for the educational levels - at ALL costs. When I moved here in my junior year they placed me into advanced algebra with the seniors. there I got a half assed review of the basic algebra they taught me in California. In Sixth grade. Yet every friday we dropped everything learning related and cheered the football (basketball, baseball) team. In California the law REQUIRES five full days of education per week - pep ralleys are AFTER this. Not instead of!

Does any one know of any high school that replaces Friday's Math, Science and English classes with a Daytona 500 pep rally?

Archived