Danica @ Texas

maverick

I will be the first to admit that I am not a Danica fan, BUT.... she drove the wheels off that car! Very clean, and very strong. Ziggy gave her a great piece and he might be just what she needs.

I didn't make it a gender deal, H/T. You did. What you have to ask yourself is this --------> "Out of all the thousands of racecar drivers out there, why do I get on here and constantly complain about only THIS one?"

FOR A GIRL ..THAT WAS SUGGESTABLE ....... WHY DO I COMPLAIN ABOULT HER ...IF YOU GO BACK OVER THE HUNDREDS OF POST I HAVE DONE ..YOU WILL FIND I HAVE COMPLAINED ABOULT OTHERS ......SHE ON THE OTHER HAND JUST SEEMS TO BE THE ONE THAT GETS MY ATTENTION AT THIS TIME ....AND OF LATELY FOR THAT MATTER .....PLUS I GOT YOU TO RESPONED DIDNT EYE ....LOL ...ALL IN FUN WITH YOU BUD .......SHE DID A GOOB JOB IN THAT RACE ... MAY HAVE HAD IT IF SHE HAD MORE SPEED ..... THEN WE WOULD HAVE SOMETHING ELSE TO TALK ABOULT ..WOULDNT WEEEEEE .....HOWS DANO ..

I admit that ive dogged her because she acts like a 13 year old brat at times. But she definately wheeled that car like a pro friday night. Cant take nothing away from her on that.

...well except for that ugly block she put on her teammate. That even made her car owner mad.

Credit where credit is due.

She had a good race Saturday night.

But.... Derrick Cope had one good run in the Daytona 500. Doesn't make him a great race car driver. Makes him a Daytona 500 winner though.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

I didn't make it a gender deal, H/T. You did. What you have to ask yourself is this --------> "Out of all the thousands of racecar drivers out there, why do I get on here and constantly complain about only THIS one?"

FOR A GIRL ..THAT WAS SUGGESTABLE ....... WHY DO I COMPLAIN ABOULT HER ...IF YOU GO BACK OVER THE HUNDREDS OF POST I HAVE DONE ..YOU WILL FIND I HAVE COMPLAINED ABOULT OTHERS ......SHE ON THE OTHER HAND JUST SEEMS TO BE THE ONE THAT GETS MY ATTENTION AT THIS TIME ....AND OF LATELY FOR THAT MATTER .....PLUS I GOT YOU TO RESPONED DIDNT EYE ....LOL ...ALL IN FUN WITH YOU BUD .......SHE DID A GOOB JOB IN THAT RACE ... MAY HAVE HAD IT IF SHE HAD MORE SPEED ..... THEN WE WOULD HAVE SOMETHING ELSE TO TALK ABOULT ..WOULDNT WEEEEEE .....HOWS DANO ..

Dano is taking all this in Mike and laughing my fanny off. Believe me, it gets better, well, funnier at least, each passing day. Danica drove a hell of a race Saturday night and I do believe she may have proven that she can drive very well. I really do believe lots of it has to do with her gender Mike although you may not, there are many who do. She may not please some folks but when she was running wheel to wheel with Briscoe it was about the only time during that race where you could hear the crowd over those very loud Honda Screamers. There were other wheel to wheel runs by others but the engine noise prevailed over the crowd. When she took that lead the crowd roared albeit only one lap. That's what she is about. The crowd loves her. I know, I've been there when she was introduced and she matched the cheers given to the big stars of the sport. I like what Thumper said: He hits the mute button when she talks cause the gal is a looker. And besides she laughs all the way to the bank not just for her driving accomplishments but for her commercial appeal.

Mike: How is your son Josh and that pitching arm doing? :D Dano

Mike: How is your son Josh and that pitching arm doing? :D Dano

josh had a good season .6and 1 .the one game was lost on a dropped fly ball ..... he is now going to go to college ..we will see where that goes ....i know his future is bright.. in what ever does ..as a pitcher or what ever ....miss seeing you guys /we may make a race at thunderhill this year ..hope so .i need a new pic ....and i know your good for one ..... as for danica ..i agree she drove a good race ...

On this we can agree jwm. Saturday night at TMS Simona was MUCH hotter.

Here is your --------> LINK

After watching the reply of this on TV the other day, and now this video, I hope someone is conducting a review of the fire response team. They looked awfully slow.

Also, what's up with stowing the fire hose around cleats on the front of the truck?. Seems like it could be deployed faster off of a reel.

After watching the reply of this on TV the other day, and now this video, I hope someone is conducting a review of the fire response team. They looked awfully slow.

Also, what's up with stowing the fire hose around cleats on the front of the truck?. Seems like it could be deployed faster off of a reel.

i noticed that to ... .....this lady could have been in real trouble . and she was ...she thanked the fire crew .why i dont know ..personaly ..looked to me like the fire crew didnt know what they were suppose to do ..HELLO FIRECREW ..THE CAR IS ON FIRE ..DRIVER STILL IN IT ...FORGET THE DAMN HOSE .GET HER OUT ...

Yes, this has been the source of much controversy on the net for days. Some say they did exactly what they were supposed to be doing. Some say they should be fired on the spot. Obviously they need to revisit their fire suppression equipment and deployment. It failed.

Fortunately she is ok. Minor burn on her right hand. She has been cleared to drive by IRL.

Sanctioning body is already looking at requiring 6 on the truck - 2 with pressurized bottle response, one to assist driver, 2 on the hose and the last man to help where needed.

the current 1 for the driver and three for the hose just showed how bad and how fast it gets bad when something goes wrong. In this cas the hose was not connected right. But also notice the guys that responded - who was supposed to go for the driver? the first guy out of the truck went straight for the hose - it wasn't until he noticed that ALL FOUR were working the hose that he went to help Simone. Then when they finally realized that the hose was not going to happen and grabbed a pressure bottle - the pin was still ziptied in for transport!!!!

It is the crews responsibilty to unziptie the pin at the start of the day and reziptie it at the end. Quite a few oopses along the way on this one.

Archived