JAMES HUFF

Sad to say, James Huff will not be racing at Thunderhill Raceway this weekend with the TSRS Allison Legacys.

James was on a job today and broke his right arm. Doctors at the emergency room said the bone was broke half in two. He has to go too an Orthopedic Surgeon next week to have surgery and maybe pins and a new cast on his arm.

This lets us know he will be out of racing for a while.

Janette Huff

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so sorry to hear the news. We will defiintely miss James this weekend. I was looking forward to giving him his Feature Winner's sticker at the drivers meeting. Please let him know that I'm hoping for a speedy recovery.

I never would have thought that a little thing like an arm broken clean in two would slow James down. I guess they just don't make 'em like they used to.

Frankly, the guy is amazing. He may have the body of a 70-something year-old, but he has the mind, will-power and stamina of a man half his age. He runs a business where actual hard work is required, is building a Texas-sized ranch with his own hands and races stock cars for fun.

But far more important, the guy is one of the most genuinely sincere folks on the planet. And as others have pointed out in this thread, a true gentleman who really does treat people like he would like to be treated.

Nuff blubbering. Get your skinny butt up and start working on that race car. You only need one arm to drive that thing.

Nick

Well Janette hop on in there.

Get well soon James.

thanks for all the kind words and well wishes from everyone

you just never know when something that you have done a thousand

times before will take a notion to bite you.(crocidile dundee comes to mind)

this is an opportunity to learn new things--brushing your theeth left handed

its hard to get toothpaste outa yer ear .shaving without cutting your throat

putting socks on clicking the mouse etc

anyhow im not in any pain and havent taken even an asprin so it aint

as bad as it could be.

maybe will feel like going to the races sattidy nite--hope so

james

you would think after all these years Mr Huff would know better than to break his arm, I guess you're never too old to learn things not to do. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Good luck on learning to do things backwards and it wont be too long and you will be driving that racecar one handed.

I can relate to what James is going through; broke both right arm bones right at the wrist back in '92; had a cast from my fingers to just under the shoulder for 2 months.

Being predominately right-handed, you find out real quick how hard it is to do daily tasks with the other.

Funniest thing was dealing with the Safety officer at work while he told me I needed to fill out a bunch of forms. I asked him how the hell I was gonna do that and he stood there with a deer in the headlight look for a moment before writing my words himself.

Another amusing thing was driving a stick shift with a casted right arm. For the first week or so, I reached over and shifter with the left hand while leaning the cast on the wheel. Timed the gear change to the straight part of the road. Then, a brilliant idea from one of our parachute repairmen saw him sew a velcro sock for the shifter in the truck, then the other part was glued to the bottom of the cast.

Being a Mazda truck, with the same transmission and engine in the legacies, it was really easy to shift when I laid the cast on the knob, and the velcro was strong enough to get the job done.

Another fun thing to do with your arm in a cast is trying to put your clothes on. Simple things like buttoning your shirt or buttoning your pants and belt. Even pulling your pants up is a trick. I wont mention anything about going to the potty. And having to put a baggie on your arm to take a bath or shower.And just try to twist a top off of your favorite beverage.I feel for you James. Your going to learn a whole new way to do things. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Hey now, I'm left handed. So, stop saying it's backwards. ;)

Haven't your heard. Left handed people are the only people in

there right mind. :lol:

James, I will teach to use that left hand if you want.

I'm real good at it. LOL

Just get well though.

Papa,

This is starting to be fun for me, started last night at the hospital

when they told him he needed a shot. I was the the one un-doing

all the things you named. And then had to re-dress him, i told him

he needed to suck it up or lay on the bed so i could button his jeans. :huh:

As far as the potty i don't mind possible but the impossible well thats

his problem. :o

Instead of a baggie, how about a trash bag and if he's not careful it

would also fit his head. New kind of shower cap !!!

This is really getting interesting, won't go into any detail unless i have too.

So funny i just twisted the cap on his orange drink,

wanted to pour it all over him. ;)

And yes papa he is going to learn a whole new way, it's my way or else. :rolleyes:

Did i let him sit around today, not going to happen so the things i tend to

everyday well he's getting the pleasure of doing it now.

The joys of being married... haha !!!!

He's still my HERO but after this i don't know.

Janette

Janette,

You really made me chuckle! A sick man ain't fun . . . there, I've said it. I'm probably violating the bashing rule on LSS, but it's so true, right gals?

James,

If you're feeling well enough, I really do hope you're able to make the drivers' meeting tomorrow to get your trophy and winnner's sticker from the last race. It's sounds like it's very challenging to adapt to being one-armed.

well i guess if im ok to drive around running errands in houston trafick i oughta

be ok to go to the races.however,yall just keep on pickin on me.just remember

ive got a long memmerie and i can pick back.

kathy--are you trying to say left is right and right is wrong ?????

sined confused but happy

james

well i guess if im ok to drive around running errands in houston trafick i oughta

be ok to go to the races.however,yall just keep on pickin on me.just remember

ive got a long memmerie and i can pick back.

kathy--are you trying to say left is right and right is wrong ?????

sined confused but happy

james

Pretty much! :lol:

Which way do you turn when your on the track?

There is only one answer and it ain't right. ;)

I vote for Janette to race the car this weekend. I think I saw her

as a registered driver somewhere.

I just had a conversation with Janette, and I thought I'd share some of the details (some of her actual quotes too):

They are at Wal-Mart now buying James some overalls - for the obvious reasons!

And, yes, James will be at the track tomorrow to accept his trophy and sticker because he doesn't want me to "give his thing away."

Lastly, Janette says she won't be able to race the Legacy car because too many adjustments would need to be made the the seat, etc., and besides "I'd hate to put all the guys to shame," according to Janette.

Archived