Another great night at CCMS

Jason

You guys missed out on some great local racing!

The winner in Texas Thunder was #77 GB Carter with 19 cars starting feature. The #14 Neon led most of the laps but got into the wall getting through lap traffic and that affected the handling. Rick you guys fixing the truck to get back out there? When the TPS class races there are going to be a TON of cars out there since CCMS cars are allowed to join them. The bomber race saw #8 John Hendricks grab the win with 21 bombers starting the feature. Joey Heinaman raced in this a long with a new generation Beddoe. Joey finished pretty good after starting last and even got to do a little bumping. The superstreet race was also a great one. 15 cars started the feature and the race was run pretty good. I think Supershrimp Grantz had something for Carlucci but he had to get by Stephens to show it. Stephens had something for Carlucci too. Bruce Barber had his new car out there. Nice spray paint sponsors studmnky. Good to see the #71 and #99 back out there and #99 found a little more speed this week! So far the local classes are looking better and better. The dwarfs raced to with Roach taking the win. Was pretty eventful also but I am so happy with the way the local classes have been racing the last few weeks. Maybe longer? Have I been missing out?

Jason

Jason: Thank you for the kind words in your post this morning. Yes, the Texas Pro Sedans race at Corpus Christi Motor Speedway on May 29 should be a “must see” event.

Since the (then known as) TIDA Pro Sedans last contested a race at CC nine years ago, a number of technical changes have been made to TPS cars. As TPS celebrates 29 years of consecutive 4 cylinder racing in Texas and the southwest, it seemed appropriate to publish an advance look at the May 29th tentative schedule, race format, entry and TPS membership information, car specifications and rules and purse estimate so drivers and car owners outside TPS could make some entry decisions.

As follows:

May 29 Schedule (all times subject to adjustment):

2:00pm - Pit Opens - Sign in at TPS window only – all TPS entrys' Trailers pit South West corner

4:00pm -TPS Drivers Meeting (non-attendance results in loss of one time trial lap and rear grid penalty)

5:00pm - Practice – Approximately 3 TPS sessions (practice is mandatory)

7:00pm - TPS QUALIFYING TIME TRIALS – 2 laps – Qual Line Inverted by 2004 TPS Points

8:00pm - TPS Last Chance Qualifying race -10 laps - determines positions 15-18

9:30pm - TEXAS PRO SEDAN FEATURE- 30 Laps - Grid limit 20 cars-Heads up.

Grid Notes: Positions 1-14>fast times, Positions 15-18>Last Chance race, Positions 19&20>TPS points

9:30pm Post Race Inspection – Trophy Presentation to Winner

IF POSTPONED – SATURDAY - JUNE 12 (Time schedules same as above)

For pre-race information call TPS 210/655–3222. For race-day information call Neil at Corpus Christi TPS cell # 210/365-3222 or email > neilupchurch@sbcglobal.net

TPS discounted room rates TRAVELODGE AIRPORT- Corpus Christi, TX. Located on Corn Products Rd at I-37exit # 5. $43 + tax 2 persons,$5 for 3rd & 4th. Free Continental Breakfast & Happy Hour.

Mention TPS when reserving toll free > 800/531-1344.

TPS ENTRY FEE - $50 per car if paid week in advance by mail/check & completed entry form.

NOTE: Entry fee refunded (less $ 10) until car passes thru the Pit Gate. $60 - per car if paid late at track in pits (late $ 10 deposited into the TPS club Treasury).

CCMS PIT PASS FEE - $25 per TPS person at TPS Pit Gate Window. (Minors any age allowed at full pit pass price) Note: All TPS entrants, Drivers & Crews must register and purchase pit pass at the Touring Series Pit window and prove possession of correct TPS pit pass while in CCMS pits.

SPECIFICATIONS - Texas Pro Sedans 2004 Rules (All drivers must receive scanner 154.570 MHz or start at rear).

INVITED CARS - CCMS & Texas Minis accepted provided in compliance with their 2004 Mini Stock rules with the following up-grade optional exceptions:

They may use: TPS 13” Hoosier Racing Tires

They may use: after-market suspension parts

They may: lock drive wheels.

(Note: These exceptions are subject to post race change(s) later in TPS season.

MEMBERSHIP - All drivers required to hold valid 2004 - $60 TPS membership to drive on track.

(One race dues are $20)

SPONSORS - TPS Sponsors receive 2 Pit Passes for each $100 sponsorship.C.C. Motor Speedway agreed upon TPS to solicit sponsors to help add funding to TPS purse. Sponsors get PA commercials and pit passes or tickets.

PURSE – Total estimated $3,000 depending on number of entrys and secured sponsors.

Note: Pay off by check to one race members by US mail during week following race.

Permanent TPS members receive checks at June 5 race,

TROPHY - A Trophy for the TPS Feature Race winner will be presented by C.C. Motor Speedway.

For more information contact:

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

Race & Administrative Director

210/655-3222

Jason,

We will be ready for the next race...we weren't able to get it ready for this past weekend...had the nasty for letter word to do...W O R K! Anyway, 'ole #44 is back to together better than ever! Ready to give GB & Will another run!

CCMS Bomber Feature..........

How many others noticed serevral cars dumping fluids on the track ??? resulting in some un needed wrecks and damage to several of the cars .... one of the cars d umping fluids on the track was doing so noticable in the second heat even and was allowed to run most of the feature this way ... maybe its time to tech for leaks drivers and staff... Would sure make for a faster , better show... Also who caught the action in the pits after pay out of the driver 0f the 88 thiunder car rolling the pit bosses go cart with a kid on board and no seat belts after flying threw the pit in excess of the 5 mph rule and then some..

CAM Racing,

Please be patient with us we will get things right. The go kart incident in the pits is being addressed and will not be tolerated or happen again. We feel we have a great fire crew that is responsible for making the call when a car is leaking, the second place car in the feature was sent to the pits for leaking a little oil. We will have alot of unhappy people if we start black flagging every car that smokes a little bit. Doing the best we can, we are trying to make the best show possible. Watch ccmotorspeedway.com for new disciplinary actions this week. Thanks for your comments.

This Friday night we will be running the DIRT Modifieds and Super Stocks on the CCMS Asphalt, should be an interesting night. We are going to have the bombers also. Plus powder puff and mechanics races in all three classes. Big John there will be $1.00 can beer all night long, I do not know you but sounds like you would enjoy that. Hope to see you all Friday Night.

Owen,

Sounds like things are going well for you at CCMS, and you're in the same boat we are at THR---working hard to make things happen at your race track!!

Wishes for continued success at your track...

Yes I did see the go kart deal at the track. Yikes what a mess. I am so glad my little ones where up by the trucks not the back of the cars. That was really uncalled for. I am sure that will be handled.

Owen and his crew are doing a great job. As far as black flagging cars for smoking a little bit, I can understand that but the 44 car has been smoking like a train sence the first of the season. The 55 car was also smoking like a train in the bomber feature. I would not care, but when it causes the mess it did and now we have a bunch of work for these week to get them back together again for something that is not even our fault. And when it causes front running cars that do not spin out for no reason to spin out and get sent to the back then it is a problem. I am sure Owen and the crew will be looking into it further. I understand if it is something a driver does not know about but when it is doing it from the beginning of the season, there is a problem.

Not sure if we will be able to make the powder puff for this fri. due to work. It will be great if Owen can get the local powder puff and sposor race back to our normal racing nights (Sat.). Thank you Owen for taking care of that as well.

racin4fun,

Have you ever seen or been on the other side of the "smoking car" call? I sure have.

Suppose that as the race leader goes by a lapped car they make contact. The lead car gets a fender bent in just enough so that it touches the tire whenever the driver gets off the gas. The officials see the smoke which looks like it might be coming from an oil leak under the hood. Blue smoke is blue smoke. Do the officials call for the black flag or let the race continue?

Or how about the valve cover that starts leaking a little oil onto the headers late in the race when the driver is just ready to make his move on the leaders? Or the power steering gasket that starts to leak a little onto the exhaust system. How do they know what the actual problem is? Do they throw the black flag or not?

Or a rear seal starts to leak a little or a small rock punctures the radiator and causes some white smoke to come out from under the car. Or a whole lot of other possible scenarios. See what I mean?

Usually a little smoke indicates a minor problem and usually lots of smoke means an engine has let go or a radiator hose has come apart. So you're likely to see black flags when there is lots of smoke and the smoking car get the benefit of the doubt when there is less smoke.

So, on one hand no one wants to see cars smaking the wall after spinning in an oil spill and the spectators surely don't want to sit for an hour while the crew works on an oil trail But on the other hand, no one wants to see a car black-flagged for nothing.

My point is that it might seem to you that making "smoking car" calls is a piece of cake, but having been there I can assure you that it's not.

NickHolt

Well Nick,

I do know a little about cars and I do know when a car is puffing smoke it needs to be checked and when it is puffing smoke and it in front of our car and our car has oil all over the hood, bumper, and window then I think it is safe to say the car that is puffing the smoke has a little bit of a problem that should be fixed. The car in question was smoking in the heat race as well as the feature and I know he has family and friends who seen it. It should have been taken care of after the heat race. If all the problem was is a valve cover gasket we have extras or Bartell is there as well. And you can not go by how much oil your car leaked on the trailer and if you work on cars at all you would know that too. But JMO.

I never said black flag all cars that smoke and yes I do know that most or lots of cars leak but, when they start slinging oil all over the cars behind you it is a problem or at least I do think it is. Not sure if y'all agree or not. I think it is worth checking cars that are smoking. It save drivers and teams a lot of needless work and I have been at the end and that is not fun and can get exspensive. I never said to black flag them all but check them while they are running or after they run a practice if you notice they have been smoking for a couple races and I know Owen will be watching for that.

If our car starts smoking our pit crew sees it and we are looking into it right away and we fix it. We will not have a car spraying oil all over the cars behind us and if it did for some reason I would sure hope someone would tell us but I do not think we will ever have to have anyone tell us something like that. We take care of our cars.

racin4fun,

When you get on here every single week and whine about the track do you speak for your views or your teams views? Last year your team (new name this year) was inolved in a lot of "stuff" near the end of the year. Seriously, the track is 100 times better than it was last year. I am seeing the classes grow and the fan count grow! Yes I did see the 55 out there and during a red flag he appeared to be leaking stuff. When you have 21 bombers you might have a few smokers. lol

Jason

On a constructive note. I have an idea. I see where Steve Grantz is now Steve "The Shrimp" Grantz. And Kyle Carter has Parader on the back of his car. Many of the racers have well known nick names. I say promote more of this stuff and it will give the fans a better way to familarize their favorite drivers. Nothing like seeing that Shrimp whoop up on the Luche, Parader, and Studmonkey. I can see this going places. Nice to see the trapper racing a bomber and the hogg to have his son racing! lol

Jason

Jason, I think you way out of line on your reply to Tina.She was just telling it how it was. I saw the two cars she was talking about and I thought they were going to blow,but they didn't so that was good.You, yourself sometime whine,but thats ok huh!! I think sometime you call the kettle black. And as for all these cute nicknames??Where do these come from?Hope you are practicing for your up coming race at Thunder Hill.Good luck .I do wish Doc Godfrey all the best with the track. Carol Yocum

Mary Ann and Carol,

I really do not feel like continuing a rivalry with you two ladies.

Mary Ann when I whoop up on you on May 15th it really won't be much of a grudge race. I will just be trying to show up all those idiots who didn't pick me to win. You know how I feel about TSRS and its extremely large number of officials (last estimate 500) :). I do not agree with the timing of it and am not really impressed with it so far. I do appreciate the fact that you listen to input given and have made changes for the better.

Carol, the new CC management has done a fantastic job and may have a lot more funding than you ever had. I honestly did not like going to the track when your management team was in charge. The reputation of the track really dwindled but now it is making an extremely fast come back. I know you posted the above post as retaliation for me getting on your son about stuff he started with Racerpix and Neil. I am done arguing with you. No need to continue arguing with the same person. I do know my complaining last year at CC made at least one change for the better as a racer contacted me and told me. So you do listen and have a love for racing.

Tina, no pardon for you. Sorry :) lol Seriously. Next time you have a probably with on track actions take it up with Owen. You know he will give you the time and will listen and make changes if they are necessary. I hope the Strikeforce team has a good year! DOH! I meant Down Home Racing Team.

To the real villians of TSZ. You do not deserve to be mentioned. But HOER we know who you are! Tom Peters you will get what you deserve one day. It all comes back to ya.

:D:D:D

OK lets see... a nickname for Owen... maybe Swivelneck...nope already been used....some of the old timers will recall that one!

I like STONE COLD ....cause he needs to be tough as nails to make it through the whole season!

Not enough daylight to get it all done, huh owen.

You & Jenny are doing great keep up the good work!

Mel

:D

I believe Owen and Doc would be the first to say that running an operation like CC motorspeedway isnt an easy task. Car count has been on the upswing for the past couple seasons and I hope that trend continues!

And while I agree that the new management seem to be doing a fine job, you cant please everyone and I am sure there will be some that whine as usual, its inevitable.

Archived