JJ 48

chevyfan

I don't want to give myself a headache and my hands would hurt from all the typing to back up what I really want to say...

Take away Chad and Team. That is the Key word Team. JJ would not have one much less five. Folks, it is all about money spent, owner, crew chief and team. JJ is ONE piece of the puzzle. Can he drive? Yes, Much better than me... Do THEY deserve it? Based on how they run it these days I suppose. I have always said that the Championship should be won by the driver who has the most points at the end of every year, not the one who wins after the CHASE is over...

Anyway, can't wait for Daytona...

would love to see Jimmie be able to race David Pearson when the Silver Fox was in his prime. Petty is lucky that guy never raced full schedules, The King would have fewer titles if he would have.

None of the present day boys could compete with the guys from the past. Hell if the power steering goes out now you have to park it. Pearson and Petty didnt use power steering, wheeled 3500# sleds at 200 mph with big blocks in em at darlington. Lets see JJ, Jeffy, sliced bread, shrub, or hav-a-wreck do that. That would impress me. :P

Winning is the measurment of greatness,period.JJ is the best and so is his team.Not so much the pit crew but not bad.If the measurment of greatness is speed,Bill Elliot is the best.Nobody else has unlapped himself 2 laps at Taladega without a caution.BTW I believe he had a great crew chief too.

No, I don't think JJ is the best. He may have one 5 straight championships but it you go back to the classic point system he would have only won one of them. He may be good, doesn't ruffle feathers but no way the best. I agree if you go back in time Pearson, Yarborough, Allison, Petty, Flocks and others could easily beat him in todays car. JJ in their cars? Not a chance!

I think JJ is good is he the best ever who knows everything is so different.When I was with King racing we were the number 1 Buick team after Bobby got hurt the whole team office and shop was only 23 people compared to 2000 people.We were one of the best financed teams in 1988 our sponsorship was 1.5 a year today 20mil to 25 mil apples and oranges

Archived