HMP's new format

Sonic Racing

Thanks, race girl. as far as not having heat races for late models ,I always thought the better shoes were in the lates, if you don't want to tear up the car don't run the heat and start in the rear. If you don't run heats then you should run 75-100 lap features (as in TIDA or ROMCO),that way fans can see the "best" shoes out there.Remember when we were trying to start HMP up we just ran features and NO ONE liked that. not trying to start an argument just my opinion.

I liked the excitement. I still believe the dash or heat races are not good for the late models. Heat races are for cars with bumpers and bodies that can be easily fixed, not Template bodies. Template bodies cost over $2,500 and another $1,500 to install if you do not have the time. The heats increase the chances of destroying these cars. Invert the qualifying orders or roll dice something else to help us save some expense and increase excitement. Give some extra points for pole position qualifying too.

Maybe the NASCAR Series go go to a NASCAR style qualifying.....Green, white, checker time qualifying.

Qualifying and 75 to 100 lap features would be better. That is what the cars are made for anyway. Tear up a bunch of cars like last night and there will not be anyone to even start at the rear because they will all be in the shop waiting on body parts and time to fix them again to hit the templates.

all the changes made for a lot of good racing , one thing I didn't get was why the 13 mod had to go to the back ,,when the 3 car spun , now before it's said that 13 caused the caution, the 5 dumped him right before that, and the 13 had to go to the rear. maybe I misunderstood the new all involved rule. just asking. B)

i was spotting for the 13, i think the deal on 3 and 13 was that there wasnt a completed lap made, so they went back to the previous lap order. And i really like the new rules, made for interesting racing.

I thought the rules changes worked well. [edited out by Nick Holt, 3/1/10]

This response has nothing to do with the new rule. And everyone starts somewhere.. She ran a 16.28 in the race at lap 21 and needs seat time. I told her to stay put if she spun and she did just that. Only seat time makes a better racer.

The fans and I loved the cone rule.. fixing to watch MadHouse. It's weird seeing it on TV and not being there. My dad won several races there in the 60's, really cool place. HMP is the closest thing in Texas to racing in NC. It has been a great thing for me to be involved again.. Thanks to the great staff at HMP for a great track and great racing.

The fans and I loved the cone rule.. fixing to watch MadHouse. It's weird seeing it on TV and not being there. My dad won several races there in the 60's, really cool place. HMP is the closest thing in Texas to racing in NC. It has been a great thing for me to be involved again.. Thanks to the great staff at HMP for a great track and great racing.

You are right Nick...We are a family. We can not see eye to eye...we can get mad at eachother...but next race if ANYONE needs some something or help, we will all pitch in.

The Mini-Van is tired of coming in second to that P.O.S. convertible, Time to stuff that rag into the wall, so I can get my groceries!!!!

LOL at Brad Dixon (rollercam) .. That Eco Stock race was fun to watch, dude. Side-by-side for the entire race - except for that last little bit just before the checkered when Brian's superior talent emerged and you got beat... (I'm running and ducking after that comment!)

Nick

One thing I was surprised about was that there was not more "jockeying" for position when the cone came out. I would have throught that two, or more drivers would have had the same thought at the same time with a little pushing and shoving being the result. Kinda like how the Cup cars come out of their pits with every intention of cutting the other guy off, etc..

One thing I was surprised about was that there was not more "jockeying" for position when the cone came out. I would have throught that two, or more drivers would have had the same thought at the same time with a little pushing and shoving being the result. Kinda like how the Cup cars come out of their pits with every intention of cutting the other guy off, etc..

I saw a couple of fake outs with the late models.....

The Mini-Van is tired of coming in second to that P.O.S. convertible, Time to stuff that rag into the wall, so I can get my groceries!!!!

When you gonna put a paint job on the mystery machine?

post-2647-1267467335.jpg

Got my top dropped feeling the breeze.....

That would be too cool to have it painted like that....

I think the double file starts added an interesting excitement to the races. The new method of sending the cars in a caution to the rear needs to be watched closely. I think it encourages rough driving, and I saw a few examples of it, or so it appeared, last night. It is just plain wrong in my opinion for a car to nail another car square in the back bumper at the exit of a turn, spin that car out, and keep their spot. Again, I think that will encourage that kind of driving and will ultimately result in fewer cars at the track.

like it or not .and alot of times i dont .like .it .but it sure makes everyone think before they do something dramatic with another car ..... all involved rule .thats why so many tps car return every race night ..they do what ever they can not to spin others . in which keeps from tearing cars up ..and keeping most drivers under control ...though sometimes a hot head takes over .and blank happens ..it isnt perfect .but one does think before he acts ..plus i think it makes better drivers out of some that are wild ..or would be otherwise wild ..with out the rule ..btw . i was one who used the crome horn when someone was slower and would not move ..or just plain old mirror driveing ..

The format was great, Houston has done a great job. If i had a wish list it would be to "Qualify' for the Speedfest race and draw for a invert in the heat race other than that the cone was cool and keeps you on your toes.

Archived