HMP's new format

Sonic Racing

all the changes made for a lot of good racing , one thing I didn't get was why the 13 mod had to go to the back ,,when the 3 car spun , now before it's said that 13 caused the caution, the 5 dumped him right before that, and the 13 had to go to the rear. maybe I misunderstood the new all involved rule. just asking. B)

rooting, and driving thru dont seem to be much differant. Neither show any ability to drive. If you cant make a clean pass than you shouldnt. But than again I go all year without scratching my front bumper, probably why I finish in the back. :lol:

I think the double file starts added an interesting excitement to the races. The new method of sending the cars in a caution to the rear needs to be watched closely. I think it encourages rough driving, and I saw a few examples of it, or so it appeared, last night. It is just plain wrong in my opinion for a car to nail another car square in the back bumper at the exit of a turn, spin that car out, and keep their spot. Again, I think that will encourage that kind of driving and will ultimately result in fewer cars at the track.

[edited out by Nick Holt, 3/1/10] BTW, what is rooting. Do you mean driver B is racing driver A and there is a little contact when Driver A is a slower and their spotter isn't saying " Hey the racer behind you is FASTER than you are and he is BEATING on you because you are holding them up?" I say they were racing...

I see pros and cons on this deal. Yep i saw some rough stuff maybe just a tick rougher than before but it is what it is. I saw the truck wreck and from my angle there was room on the bottom. Nothing malicious just short track racing. Glad everyone was ok. spotters need to do thier job and drivers need to do thiers.

Quite a few cars and trucks got wrecked pretty bad last night. If anyone is needing help getting them put back together - whether it's new clips or bodies we can put them on the plate and get them back together before Speedfest. Just give us a call and let us know how we can help. Rest assured we do not share your information with any other clients. What happens at Bumbera's stays at Bumbera's.

Kenny Bumbera

Bumbera's Performance Associates

www.bumberas.com

kenny@bumberas.com

281-493-9300

To answer the question about the 13 mod, he was sent to the back originally for spinning. Then the green came out and then another car spun, but there was no lap completed between when we went green after the 13 spin and the next car spin, so we go back to the last completed green flag lap. It happened several time with several cars.

SPOTTER'S ,ROOKIE SPOTTER'S ROOKIE DRIVER'S...........Let's just say, when your a lap(or lap's down) AND you cut off a lead (truck or car) and get turned then.................PLEASE, driver's hate to hear this....but..."leader's are coming, go high"....we have lost two GOOD truck's, David if you need help let me know! I'm in the business.

I'm just glad no one got hurt, and we didn't have to rebuild our's to....lesson learned...I GUESS!!

NOT A BASH, but an observation....first hand!!!!!

Gundog - I thought Cary ran a very smart race. He had a couple of real good shots at taking someone out but backed out both times. The truck looked good. It'll be in the winners circle before long...

Nick

Thanks Nick. The truck was real good on short runs, but this was the first opportunity for us to test the new setup on a long run. We identified a couple of issues that should make the truck better on the long run.

With the exception of the 2 badly damaged trucks, the race was a great one to watch.

BTW, what is rooting. Do you mean driver B is racing driver A and there is a little contact when Driver A is a slower and their spotter isn't saying " Hey the racer behind you is FASTER than you are and he is BEATING on you because you are holding them up?" I say they were racing...

Rooting, rubbing, whatever.... New rule, proof of eye exam in the last 6 months for all spotters and drivers. Special emphasis on depth perception.

I liked the excitement. I still believe the dash or heat races are not good for the late models. Heat races are for cars with bumpers and bodies that can be easily fixed, not Template bodies. Template bodies cost over $2,500 and another $1,500 to install if you do not have the time. The heats increase the chances of destroying these cars. Invert the qualifying orders or roll dice something else to help us save some expense and increase excitement. Give some extra points for pole position qualifying too.

I may be a rookie driver but here is what I've learn from watching and announcing races over the years.

Plain and simple:

the car you run over today is the same car that will be behind you tomorrow........

and because of that.....................

Karma is a bi.........well, you get the idea.

Thanks Nick. The truck was real good on short runs, but this was the first opportunity for us to test the new setup on a long run. We identified a couple of issues that should make the truck better on the long run.

With the exception of the 2 badly damaged trucks, the race was a great one to watch.

There was some great side by side racing! I liked the double file restarts...Had Greg Wade and the #10 outside of me a couple of times and it was a blast. We did give the fans their monies worth!

Archived