Can Jr. really be that self involved?

firemdk

I'm a bit shocked at the post race interview from Dale Jr. I think it's great that he worked his way back to a 2nd place finish but in ther interview all he could say was it was disapointing to be that close and not win. One would think that with all that team has been through with him he would atleast thank them, atleast send a word to all the guys that pull behind him week after week but nay one word. Did anyone else find that a bit selfish?

I'm a bit shocked at the post race interview from Dale Jr. I think it's great that he worked his way back to a 2nd place finish but in ther interview all he could say was it was disapointing to be that close and not win. One would think that with all that team has been through with him he would atleast thank them, atleast send a word to all the guys that pull behind him week after week but nay one word. Did anyone else find that a bit selfish?

No. Last year we would have had rah rah we did good to finish second. This year it's yeah we finished second, BUT WE SHOULD'VE FINISHED FIRST!! I'm glad to see it!

Not that I'm defending him or anything but I did have that recorded and I went back and watched to see if he did or not... He said at the beginning of the interview "I want to thank my team for working really hard and the engine shop did an awesome job uh the car like I said worked really good" then he went into congrats to mcmurray. :-)

Not that I'm defending him or anything but I did have that recorded and I went back and watched to see if he did or not... He said at the beginning of the interview "I want to thank my team for working really hard and the engine shop did an awesome job uh the car like I said worked really good" then he went into congrats to mcmurray. :-)

You had to go and introduce facts now didnt you? :P

It show's he's hungry.. wants to win

Not to mention all the people that say he was a underperforming driver that blammed someone else for every problem

(Here's a great big shut up season for you!!)

He & the Crew got it done on Sunday..

- Didn't hear he missed his pit

- Qualified well at a restrictor plate (always raced good Qualified bad)

- He stood up at the end and went for the win, had the car to do it.. just alot of other that did too..

That was a good day for them.. but not to win.. yup.. that would suck after last year..

Hedrick Finishing order: Points Bonus

2nd 88 Dale Earnhardt Jr. ........... 175 ....... 5

12th 5 Mark Martin ........... 132 ....... 5

26th 24 Jeff Gordon ........... 90 ......... 5

35th 48 Jimmie Johnson ........... 58 ......... 0

Winnings: (Paid $1,508,450 to the winner Jamie M.)

88... $1,096,990

5..... $ 318,220

24.... $ 318,171

48.... $ 351,858

As a Jr. fan, I was glad to see Jr. not satisfied with a second place finish. It tells me that he is very serious about getting back to winning races and not just running "good". He seemed more intense and more mature than even to me. By the way, he thanked his crew over the scanner several times for giving him a good car and making the right adjustments.

Pre-race interview said it all... He is tired of everyone asking him bonehead question. Guy interviewing him even pulled out the " dont you think you are stretching yourself to far" question.... He is still my boy... Look hard enough you ll find flaws in diamonds..... Nuf said!

i said it in another thread, but i'll say it again..

the rules changes (or lack of rules, as it may be now...) is giving the driver's the opportunity to be their "old" selves again...and jr was the first one to jump back on that bandwagon...

but! has anyone noticed the commercials for this season? they are actively pushing the conflicts...

i do have a lil more hope for this season, tho...gonna hang in there a bit longer and see how it goes...

All good and valid points in this thread.

I, personally, would have liked to see Jr. "happier" about that awesome last lap push and finishing second... especially given how they haven't exactly had the best finishes in recent times.

But not being satisfied with "second place" has it's merits.

i have never won the daytona 500...but if i had and then a few years later after starting on the front row and being on top all of speed weeks andthen i set my self up to be in a good position to win after all the b.s. of a long day and i had more money than i would ever know what to do with and i was driving for the best team in nascar and my dad was an icon of the sport itsself and i came up just a came up a few feet short of winning the 500. i would probably be a little bummed.

but as long as i gave the cookie cutter t.v. interview thanking all the right people and sponsors and the company that i am forced to buy tires from. so that every body could feel all warm and fuzzy inside. and acted like i won because every body is a winner. then it would have a perfect day.

golly gee i cant wait to go and not win

I myself am glad to hear him expressing how he wanted to win the race. I still wonder where he came from i was sitting down at the the dinner table ( my back to the tv of course) thinking its pretty much going to end with a single file run when my wife and kids about knocked me over screaming " go junior go junior!!!!!" Well me and the dog like our Valintines day Steaks hot so we pretty much missed the excitement ............ you also got to remember it was a long race and i myself would be wore out ...Heck i was wore out sitting on the couch

if jr won .he would shut all the nay sayers up ...... he wasnt a passing thought im my mind till he started passing and shoveing through the pack ....i have to say i thought sr was driveing that car at that moment ..he knows what his dad felt all those years loosing by a few feet .......

I did hear on Nascar Now he thanked his crew. When he first got out of the car and Fox interviewed him he didn't mention them at all.

In the fox broadcast of the race, one of the first things he did was thank his crew and engine shop. Interview was by Dick Bergren. I sure hope he thanked Reutimann personally because it was the push that David gave him in the middle that allowed him to finish where he did.

Funny how many are talking about how much better Jr was in this race but if it werent for the last restart, he would have been lucky to have finished in the top 20. I am a Jr fan but I will wait a few races to say they are better than they were last year

Archived