kyle's take on danica

lilmodified

for those of you that haven't seen it yet...log onto nascar.com and check out kyle petty's thoughts on danica comin' to stock car racing...it's worth watching, and i think he hit the nail on the head....

i don't know how to post the link on here...(high def? nick? :) )...sorry

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOW COULD ANYONE TOP THAT .......WHEN A EX RACER OF PETTYS POPULARITY SPEEKS OUT LIKE THIS .. JUST PROVES NASCAR ISNT ABOULT TALENTED RACECAR DRIVERS ANYMORE .,.... MORE AND MORE FANS ARE GOING TO REALIZE THIS AND STOP GOING ........... ID BET PETTY WONT BE ON NASCARS AND DANICA CHRISTMAS LIST ......WHATS WORST YET .IS HENDRICK JOINING IN THIS CRAP ....LOSING RESPECT FOR THIS OWNER ........ NASCAR JUST GIVE US SOME REAL DOWN HOME RACEN .BILL SR AND BILL JR MUST BE ROLLING OVER IN THIER GRAVES RIGHT NOW ...ITS GOING TO BACKFIRE ............ PS DONT LET BUDMAN READ ALL THIS ...

Edited by HiTech

Soooo,

According to Kyle, she took someone else's seat, did she?

Tell me, someone pleeeeeeeease tell me, who drove the #7 Nationwide car for Jr. Mototsports last season? HUUUUUMMMM?

OH, and by-the-way, she doesn't pay one red cent for her ride. She has people willing to pay BIG BUCKS to have her drive for them. They are called sponsors. Ya see, that's how this all works.

Edited by Budman

We will just have to wait and see. She is definately a marketing "cash cow" and will infuse Jr & Co. with some $$$. But since that is what NA$CAR is concerned with it works for them. As for the sport of Cup Racing. It's losing it's shine a little at a time. JMO Lenny66 B)

Soooo,

According to Kyle, she took someone else's seat, did she?

Tell me, someone pleeeeeeeease tell me, who drove the #7 Nationwide car for Jr. Mototsports last season? HUUUUUMMMM?

OH, and by-the-way, she doesn't pay one red cent for her ride. She has people willing to pay BIG BUCKS to have her drive for them. They are called sponsors. Ya see, that's how this all works.

I love it when people only hear what they want to.

Kyle, never said she took the ride from any particuclar driver. He did say that she took someones ride. It could have been anybodys ride next year. Someone with more stock car talent than she has that could have made something out of the oppertunity and moved up to CUP maybe. Odds are that she will have the ride next season and maybe 1 after that. Then she'd back to IRL. Because she will not be competitive.

Also he never said she spent her own money to get the ride. He did say that she brought a lot of money with sponsors. And trust me, without all that sponsor money behind her, she couldnt have affored to get that ride. There are too many other better qualified stock car drivers that could have gotten it. But she had the most money to bring to the table because of her current sponsors. Money talked and talent walked.

She is a makerting tool and a money making gimick. Thats about it. And she is nice to look at. Hense the marketing departments dream.

She wants to do it and see if shes got what it take plus she will get paid well to try. It will bring fans to Nascar and thats good for all of Nascar from the fans to the drivers and Nascar themselves. The more successful Nascar is the better it is for everyone involved. Marketing wise it is a no brainer, a win for Nascar. There will be plenty of people tuning in to see how she does including new female fans. Now, do I think she will have great success? No, I dont but I sure wont say anything bad about Nascar for even helping to make it happen. It has generated new interest and that is business well done. Danica is very marketable and will sell stuff even if she doesnt win.

LMR-20, That ride did not exist 2 months ago for ANYBODY!

The team was built SPECIFICALLY for her, no one else. Tony Eury, Jr. was hired by JRM specifically to be HER crew chief three weeks before the announcement. So anyone who says she took "someone's" ride is misinformed. :)

The funny part is, if you go to Nascar.com and click on the story, there are already 16 pages of comments about the article. To say Kyle is being ripped to schreds for his remarks is to put it mildly. :lol:

See, it is already working. 16 pages of Danica driven responses. She will generate a significant amount of media coverage as well as fan and corporate interest

Shes just a novelty for NASCAR. If they wont allow the guys to really race each other and keep up all these boring races. She will be the only reason I will watch a race next season. And it's not to see Danica race. It's to see the girl without enough talent get her a$$ handed to her. Kinda like the people that only want to watch it for the wrecks.

If they wont allow the guys to really race each other and keep up all these boring races. She will be the only reason I will watch a race next season.

Looks like they will allow bump drafting again and also looks like they will dump the wing and bring back the spoiler as well as allow a larger restrictor plate for Daytona. Could make the competition better, we will see