rollover simulator

dirttrackdog

I did the rollover and ended on my roof for in the 2008 season and it is a very disorientating feeling if you've hit hard enough. Just getting the belts released can be difficult. I would definitely do the simulator as a safety precaution to maybe help speedup my ability to get orientated and out of the car quicker in case of a fire. Not a bad idea.

I've not only seen it, but crawled my old, worn out, very part-time racing ass in it to try it out.....It is a very important tool for preparing in case the unthinkable should ever happen.

Paul(RBSF) built it specifically for this purpose....as a training tool, not only for drivers, but track safety crews.

It doesn't cost a dime, supported completely by donations(time/money).....The trip to McAllen for the Limited Modified Nationals was compliments of Diamondback Trucking/James Blaylock.....

Oh....my time to get out......a VERY slow 15 seconds :(

I can give Paul a phone call and talk to him about his schedule for the upcoming season. The best way to get it down would be to either do it at the end of the year for the season finale race in November so there is a larger car count, or maybe if we could get some verbal committment from most (if not all) drivers that are interested to show Paul it is heavily requested and we could make it worth the trip. Paul lives in New Mexico, so there's a lot to take into consideration (i.e. where is the simulator now? lodging? gas? schedule?)

Folks, it pleases me greatly to read and hear the positive comments about this device. I would be most honored to make it available for this facility, and the drivers who care about their personal safety. I simply need to work on the logistics of getting Flipr from place to place, and I count on folks to help drag it around since I live in northern NM. I need it here in NM some this spring for the Ryan Bard Memorial races and for an upgrade or two, other than that it's up to you, tell me how I can make it happen.

I'm not sure that big purse events work all that well in terms of driver participation since the pressure is on to win the race, not flip around in the simulator. Also, getting the fire/ems folks involved with simulations is just phenomenal.

There really is more to this experience than just how fast you can get out of the simulator, it is also intended to help you consider the aspects of YOUR car and equipment. At HOT we were allowed to do a demo on the track in front of the stands, and at RGS we added an "unconcious victim" to the demo with full fire/ems crew involvement, and it was an excellent training evolution. That's what it's all about folks, use the tool.

Folks, it pleases me greatly to read and hear the positive comments about this device. I would be most honored to make it available for this facility, and the drivers who care about their personal safety. I simply need to work on the logistics of getting Flipr from place to place, and I count on folks to help drag it around since I live in northern NM. I need it here in NM some this spring for the Ryan Bard Memorial races and for an upgrade or two, other than that it's up to you, tell me how I can make it happen.

I'm not sure that big purse events work all that well in terms of driver participation since the pressure is on to win the race, not flip around in the simulator. Also, getting the fire/ems folks involved with simulations is just phenomenal.

There really is more to this experience than just how fast you can get out of the simulator, it is also intended to help you consider the aspects of YOUR car and equipment. At HOT we were allowed to do a demo on the track in front of the stands, and at RGS we added an "unconcious victim" to the demo with full fire/ems crew involvement, and it was an excellent training evolution. That's what it's all about folks, use the tool.

Hey sir, my name is drew and I'm from las cruces. My dad is the secretary of agriculture for the state and was wondering exactly where your from. Id drive hm to come see the simulator and partake in a simulated instead of the real thing!!!! Plus I need some more green chili! Thanks again for such a great training tool. Did you ever take it to snm speedway? Got a friend that races sprints there and was wondering if he has seen this device. Thanks again!

Drew, the machine is currently in the DFW area, I'm in Aztec NM(far NW corner of the state), no I haven't made the Cruces run yet but will if the support is there. At the end of the season we had a big sprint show here and a couple of the guys experienced the rollover unit.

Drew, the machine is currently in the DFW area, I'm in Aztec NM(far NW corner of the state), no I haven't made the Cruces run yet but will if the support is there. At the end of the season we had a big sprint show here and a couple of the guys experienced the rollover unit.

please do waste you time and money for the transport, had my simulator there twice and all that was attracted was a few great drivers that knews what not to do to roll over and alot of kids( SAS 81 THE WOOKIE)

Maybe when you folks get together for the awards banquet you can broach the subject of getting Flipr to I37 and let me know. I will do my best to make it happen if it has the support of the track officials. Help me help you!

Paul,

let me know if they get something worked out. Being in Austin I am just south of half way between the twp spots, I could meet someone in Waco and get it or just come get it from Dallas and take it to I37 if need be. We can always store it at my house in the down time although i am pretty far from where it will need to be, let me know if i can help out.

joe