World Racing Group Hearing Determination of Bloomquist Penalty

rebelracewriter

World Racing Group Hearing Determination of Bloomquist Penalty

Concord, N.C. (December 12, 2009) – The World Racing Group Appeal Commission heard the appeal of World of Outlaws Late Model Series driver in good standing, Scott Bloomquist, regarding a penalty that occurred at The Dirt Track @ Lowe's Motor Speedway in Concord, N.C., for the events from Thursday, Nov. 5, to Saturday, Nov. 7, 2009.

The penalties that were issued were adjusted as follows:

Scott Bloomquist was not penalized and was rewarded the victory on Friday, Nov. 6, 2009. The fine was adjusted to the loss of purse and award earnings from Saturday, Nov. 7, 2009, in the amount of $1,350. A fine of $1,350 was adjusted in the penalty.

The six (6) month suspension from was adjusted from Nov. 7, 2009, to May 7, 2010.

The loss of 1,000 championship points and the probation period was upheld.

The Commission quorum that heard the appeal — Joe Skotnicki, Larry Kemp, Mike Perrotte and Nancy Bicknell — determined the penalties issued must be adjusted.

Your right on.Jan was one of the first if not the first outlaw where ever there was a race that he could make a little he was there.If you ever heard the term to the front or to the hosptial that was Opp rim rider and steel b-lls .It finally caught up with him one night and he was done with a severe head injury.

For those who are curious: do a google search on Jan Opperman and just read a little about him. He was a dude that lived hard and rough for most of his life, but then turned his life around. Many in the sprint car world will tell you he was the best in his day. He didn't win as many features as the Kinser's or Swindell's or Doty's of the world, but he was a guy most everyone admired. His 'hippie' style was a first hense the 'outlaw". He opened a boy's home in Montana for troubled youth and turned many kids lives around. His last horrific crash at Jennerstown, PA in a sprint car pretty much killed him. He was an invilid for the last 15-16 years of his life until his death in 1997.

Edited by toyman85

Nevermind. Read it on the WoO site. Did they determine what the foreign substance was? Pretty stiff fine. Might as well take a year off.

The foreign substance was majic dust he sprinkled on the tires!!! Bloomer knows all about majic dust ;-)

never heard of a dust helping, thought that would slick it up. LOL I guess thats why its "majic"

I remember watching Jan Opperman at the Missouri State Fair in Sedalia, MO. That was many years ago. Has anyone ever heard of Bill Utz? Bill was one of the local drivers from Sedalia that drove for Pat O'Connor who was a wrestler in the late 60's and early 70's. Bill is in the Sprintcar Hall of Fame. He was the smoothest dirt driver I have ever seen. I hear that his grandson is driving now. I would like to see if he is as smooth as Bill. I went back to Missouri in 1993 and took my grandfather back to the local track, Capitol Speedway, and who shows up but Bill Utz, still driving a sprintcar as smooth as ever. I had thought he would have long been retired from racing but there he was putting on a "dirt clinic"! Wow, a trip down memory lane. Thanks for indulging me.