What is rough driving?

I was recently told I was a rough driving by someone...I was told that I was to close and not giving them room...lol Now..while I would agree that I might have caused the wreck (and had no problem with being sent to the rear)...I can not see how this is rough driving...just a mistake... In my experiance (and my opinion) rough driving is normally driving into someone entering the turn (normally more than once) hitting someone under caution, or hitting someone (or multiple people) several times in the same race.... I am just curios what other people think rough driving is...over the last 20 years I have been called (but never black flagged for it) a rough driver many times and in my teens I probably was...but never for racing to close....lol..so..because I know we all can see the same wreck and see a different person at fault...I am more curious what makes it rough driving in your opinion....AJ

man thats a good question....i have never been called rough driver for running to close.. i thought racen was aboult beating the other driver. and you have to race close alot to do so .... now running into and over other cars every race night .well we had one of those drivers this year ...the problem with that driver .was talent.. didnt have enough ...and never will ..

As the saying goes " DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT " . If I drove it like I stole it there wouldnt be a car left running on the track. I had cars ramming into my left rear quarter panel sometimes 3-4 times a race trying to spin me,in pure stock. It was annoying but what I really hate. Is those that dish it out " usually cant take a dose of their own medicine ". Racing has some rubbing,bumping and an occassional accidental hit ,THATS RACING. I never heard " you got too close " as rough driving. Thats a good one. AJ,that person must never of seen the photos of your car when the 08 ran over the top of yours ! I would call that "too close". You should draw lanes at your track so everyone knows to stay in their proper positions. ha ha

I was recently told I was a rough driving by someone...I was told that I was to close and not giving them room...lol Now..while I would agree that I might have caused the wreck (and had no problem with being sent to the rear)...I can not see how this is rough driving...just a mistake... In my experiance (and my opinion) rough driving is normally driving into someone entering the turn (normally more than once) hitting someone under caution, or hitting someone (or multiple people) several times in the same race.... I am just curios what other people think rough driving is...over the last 20 years I have been called (but never black flagged for it) a rough driver many times and in my teens I probably was...but never for racing to close....lol..so..because I know we all can see the same wreck and see a different person at fault...I am more curious what makes it rough driving in your opinion....AJ

well i dont think a three wide battle with me in the middle of two cars should be called rough driving. inside car pushing up, me in the middle and a car on my outside hits the wall. someone should know in there mind someting bad is about to happen and maybe... just maybe lift, but if not you take the chance. i was black flagged because the outside car hit the wall. it would be different if i just drove up the track and put him in the wall but i had help on the inside of me. still ticked at the call, and the dent from the helmet lol!!!

i had fans tell me the announcer was on the mic saying "now here's some good three wide racing"...

As long as the thread remains a general discussion about what is rough driving and what is not, that's fine. But posts that complain about calls made by track officials or bitch session about other drivers will be removed or edited.

Thanks for your understanding.

Nick

instead of turning left, you turn right

Crazy....you gotta remember we're talking dirt track racing here....

From CARS, Hudson's advice to Lightning....

" Doc: This ain't asphalt, son. This is dirt.

McQueen: Oh, great. What do you want? You hear to gloat?

Doc: You don't have three-wheel brakes, so you got to pitch it hard, break it loose and then just drive it with the throttle. Give it too much, you'll be outta the dirt and into the tulips.

McQueen: So you're a judge, a doctor and a racing expert.

Doc: I'll put it simple. If you goin' hard enough left, you'll find yourself turnin' right.

McQueen: Ooo, right. That makes perfect sense. Turn right to go left. Yes! Thank you! Or should I say,"No thank you"? Because in Opposite World, maybe that really means, "Thank you"! Tuh, crazy grandpa car. What an idiot!

Doc: Ahhh.

McQueen: Turn right to go left. Oh. Whoa, auwwww. Oh, that... AUUUUUWWWWWW!!!

McQueen: Turn right to go left. Guess what. I tried it. You know what? This crazy thing happened... I went right!"

that's why i put oh yeh,,, yall do.

trying to be funny.....guess it didn't work. prolly a good thing though , the last thing i need is a bunch of dirty driving pissed of potatoe farmers hunting me down. :blink: j/k again guys.

everytime i go and watch a dirt track race it looks like they are all dirty.

Archived